Mage Suggestion/Opinion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mage Suggestion/Opinion

So I will begin with mentioning all my toons. I have around 5 "main" toons on Crystal Saga (CS). I have a level 51 Hybrid Priest, level 50 Hybrid Knight (Tank/DPS), level 54 Hybrid Rogue, level 41 Beastmaster, and a level 39 Fire/Hybrid Mage. Why do I have so many toons you ask? Well honestly I wanted to have an account for each class, which Ranger is the only class I have not used yet. I wanted to have a toon for every type of build I needed, priest for healing/buffs, rogue for PvP and/or fast dungeon clearing, knight for tank but I made it a bit hybrid just to make sure my dps was not terrible but my tanking abilities on my knight are a lot more powerful than my dps, beastmaster just because I wanted to create one since beastmasters are said to be very fun to use, and a mage strictly for dps so it is mainly fire skill based but also has a few ice skills but only the passive ones for stats.

So, sorry about all the explanation but I figured I would just get that out there since I only started this game less than a month ago and I am pretty proud at my overall progress in such a short period of time.

My main thing I need help with, is that I need some opinions for my mage. The question is regarding stat point distribution. Most DPS fire mages generally put all 3 stat points towards Intellect every level up to maximize damage. I thought I would be a bit different and do 2 intellect, 1 agility each level up. I mainly chose to distribute them that way because of course my rogue is all agility/strength based (2 agility, 1 strength on lvl up) and I can definitely say that agility makes a HUGE difference in combat. My rogue has huge dodge and critical bonuses from all the agility and it helps more than you could imagine. I use less health potions on my rogue than any other of my accounts, I would almost say that I use less health potions on my rogue than on all my other accounts combined. So with that said, I thought it would benefit my mage pretty well if I boosted agility 1 point on every level instead of all intellect.

Sooooooooo, after all this talking I have been doing, I would like to ask what you guys think about my choice to go 1 agility, 2 intellect every level up for my fire dps mage? Do you think it is a waste? Do you think it is a good idea? All and any opinions are appreciated! Thank you for reading this, and thanks even more if you decide to pitch in your thought!
    Last edited by karmakaidan; 04-14-2015, 01:59 PM.

For a low-level mortal, I personally don't think going 2:1 Intellect/Agility is a good idea. I don't remember adding to my Mage's Agility till I rebirthed as an eido. >.>
    Last edited by Reverie; 04-14-2015, 03:23 PM.

Comment

all points to int. dont switch to AGI until: you have a decent amount of attack from equips and bonuses, have a good 40-45% crit strike(going all agi at this point would increase it slightly to about 50 depending on your level), or until youre eido. A good base attack is helpful at the start but later on its all about them critical hits and critical damage.
      Extra note: Agi doesnt affect a mages dodge like it does a rogue. Rogues need dodge more than any other class which is why it gets up faster. Same can be said for why priests get more heal off of int than any other class.
      Firekitty
      S63 Hellstorm
      Info: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Comment

Working...
      X