Priest Skill Contradiction

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Priest Skill Contradiction

Hello all! Few may know me from my one previous post (About choosing a character) and I basically narrowed my choices to... Priest if you noticed where I am posting. The only problem I have with it is which of the skills I should pick, mainly the one that only allows you to choose 1 out of 2 choices (Basically the Curse mastery or the one with def+ att+ and regen HP and Mana). I think that the Curse master would be Great for Seng and help out bunches with mobs. However, the Passive Regen every 10seconds would enable me to solo stuff without having to worry about heals (Even though heals are a Priests main priority)

So... this is where I'm stuck at. Pvping/mobs against Soloing. Any help would be appreciated!

PS: I also am not sure about stat points . Help on that based on what you choose would help greatly! Thanks!

In my honest opinion, go for a hybrid priest since they can solo and do decent within Seng. As for any priest build go pure intellect and there are plenty of guides on the forum to help you along.

Comment

Curse mastery doesn't conflict with buff tree. You can use both of them. The tree that conflict with buff is middle blood tree (passive hp, matk, crit def, stealth, etc.)

Comment

Ohh, Im sorry. I guess I got the wrong one.

Well then, which of those is better? Passive Regen + Def/Att Buffs or some stealth, more HP, and Damage drain convert into HP?

Comment

I prefer holy tree because blood tree has quite a few limitations:
          - Tenacity adds crit def, however from my testing crit def totally doesn't work at this point => useless skill
          - Bloodflow adds a maximum of 15% matk when your hp > 70% => weaker than Circle of Power when you solo and do not have someone else to buff you
          - Enhanced circulation => 15% magic dmg reduction, 1 of the 2 good skills of this tree
          - Bloodguard adds around 3k hp at max => useless at high lvl when your hp reaches over 100k
          - Bloodfog totem gives you stealth buff every few seconds => semi-useless because you have to get out of stealth to attack anyway
          - Demon grasp is a channelling stun => useless for 1v1 situation, especially when you solo pve
          - Sacrifice leechs the dmg you deal as hp => another good skill of this tree, however the dmg is only so-so and the cooldown is a bit too long

Due to the above, I prefer the holy buff tree as it not only offers a better solo ability for pve, but also the ability to solo bath and the buffs make your toon highly demanded for dungeons/ladder

Comment

For stat points, I would suggest going full int or 2 int-1 end. Full int maximizes your damage and healing potential (both good for someone who wants to solo dungeons), while 2 int - 1 end would give you a buff in health and PDEF. I would go 2 int-1 end if I were to take the left blood skill tree, since Blood Beam gives you a bonus based on your current HP. Otherwise, I would go full INT because that would improve my damage and healing ability. Don't forget that what you don't have in attribute points, you can make up for with Soul.

As for skills to use, I would take the right Holy tree mainly due to the reasons stated above by nubheals and the fact that with Angel's Blessing at 5/5, you can actually solo Blessed Bath (which lets you gain tons of EXP daily without needing a party). Furthermore, it's nice to be able to resurrect people. However, as a priest, prepare to be bombed with requests for buffs.

Admittedly, I don't have as much experience with priests as some of the other posters here. This is merely my own opinion, and isn't necessarily the correct one. I recommend that you take a look around the Priest forum, as there are many guides posted by experienced players and that should help you get started. I hope I helped and good luck with your priest!
            "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."
            ~Bertrand Russell
            If you have any problems with the game (logging in, etc.) use the search function to find discussion on that topic in the forums. If that doesn't present an answer, file a ticket at .
            If you post a long wall-of-text-like rant with an annoying grammatical error repeated throughout it,
            Don't blame me for skimming it.

Comment

Working...
            X