Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Rangers against Mages

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rangers against Mages

I've PvPed against knights, rogues, priests, AM & Nature Rangers well enough that they even called me as annoying. But somehow, against mages, I can't win. They either deal a massive strike to me with flame explosion and other fire skills or they slow me down with ice skills. Either way I can't seem to keep up with them, I only deal damage to take away half of their hp when I'm dead. So what I want to know is, how do Nature Rangers PVP with Mages?

(The mages I've been trying to kill are within my level range. I'm level 67 atm w/ 170 soul.)
    IGN: Catnip
    Server: S62 Bloodshed Hollow
    Guild: Chaos
    Level: 60 Scion
    Class: Anyone who knows me knows my class :P nature ranger shhhh
    Soul: 300/3000

- Its just a game. Don't take it too personal :)

If your build is pure nature, then you will probably lose. It's all about build, skill, and experience. In my experience, it takes a really strong mage to put down a hybrid ranger.

Comment

As nature ranger I too was called annoying lil runner cause no-one likes a good kiting-technique lol.
      For mages I found it very easily to kill them by placing a Rain of Arrows that stretches as far as possible so you're out of their range (400 vs 350) and then finish it with a tidal arrow to knock them away.
      If they survived after the 2nd hit, run and take distance (place anacondatrap when you run away for an extra hit on them) untill Rain of Arrows to be off cooldown again (only 6sec). that's 3 hits on them before they even got you once usually, after that just go in for the kill.
      Crystal Saga:
      IGN: speeds
      Server: Windshear Peaks
      Lv 120 [Eidolon] Nature Ranger - Emperor
      Proud owner of the Lv 120 [Eidolon] Holy priest alt, double-parked outside
      Officially the #1 Nature Ranger of Windshear Peaks & six merged servers

Wartune (semi-inactive):
      IGN: Speeds16
      Server: Temple of Ibalize
      Lv45 Archer - Guild Luminaire

Comment

Originally posted by speeds16 View Post
        As nature ranger I too was called annoying lil runner cause no-one likes a good kiting-technique lol.
        For mages I found it very easily to kill them by placing a Rain of Arrows that stretches as far as possible so you're out of their range (400 vs 350) and then finish it with a tidal arrow to knock them away.
        If they survived after the 2nd hit, run and take distance (place anacondatrap when you run away for an extra hit on them) untill Rain of Arrows to be off cooldown again (only 6sec). that's 3 hits on them before they even got you once usually, after that just go in for the kill.
        rain of arrows is pretty OP. I'm a mage. kinda hard to hit what can't target or reach yet. daemon shield is also something that's hard to contend with

Comment

Working...
        X