Nature Ranger Guide [Mortal]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nature Ranger Guide [Mortal]

Hi, welcome to my nature ranger guide . This guide will cover general things for beginners, including attribute/stat distribution, skill point allocation, a little bit on equipment, and a little bit on additional things (misc). Firstly, what exactly is a nature ranger ? They are very versatile, and can do well in either PvP or PvE. It just depends on how you use the character . Additionally, in PvP, nature rangers are meant to attack (and kill) knights and rogues. Mages and sometimes priests are your bane, but often times nature rangers are able to kill anti-mage rangers as well. The reason for this is mainly because as a nature ranger, you rely very much on move speed, and ice mage's slow and priest's curse freezes (and for Phlegmatic Curse, slow) prevent us from taking advantage of this. Therefore, you must remember that if facing a mage or a priest, watch closely and make sure to move around quite a bit... Take advantage of rogues' and knights' need for melee combat and practice your kiting technique. Many skills on the nature side are designed to help you with this .

Stat Distribution.
    Okay, so you may be wondering if you should go all INT, or divide it up a little bit. One of my friends, she said that rangers need END more than they require AGI. I trust this person's idea, but I do not agree with her. Therefore, I used the stat distribution of 2 INT, 1 AGI, instead of 2 INT, 1 END. This may be wrong, but I feel that we require dodge for PvE situations, along with if rogues dodge our traps . Thankfully, you also gain points passively, so if you think that your MATK will be a bit low due to the fact that you did not go full INT, do not worry... MATK can also be gained through soul and equipment .

Skill Point Allocation
    Ok. I am going to show you a few types of nature ranger builds. Please keep in mind that this is a mortal build up to level 85...

Nature Tree-
    Precision L5
    Scarlett Fever L1
    Wither Trap L1
    Improved Scarlett Fever L1
    Dream Trap L1
    Anaconda Trap L5

Magic Arrow L1 (Set this as your default attack at L8, but BEWARE of the mana usage )
    Ankle Shot L5
    Improved Magic Arrow L1
    Master Magic Arrow L5

Elven Swiftness L5
    Oak's Blessing L1
    Quick Heal L1
    Tidal Arrow L1
    Barkskin L1
    Improved Oak's Blessing L1
    Panic L1
    Conversion L5 (to be explained in a moment)

- This is a pure nature build... here is a hybrid build, but with nature root

Anti-Mage Tree-
    Double Shot L1
    Trailing Arrow L1
    Improved Double Shot L1
    Rain of Arrows L1
    (Most of these skills you will not use, but it is good to have an AoE, and Trailing Arrow works well )

Nature Tree-
    Precision L5
    Scarlett Fever L1
    Wither Trap L5
    Improved Scarlett Fever L1
    Dream Trap L1
    Anaconda Trap L5

Magic Arrow L1 (Set this as your default attack at Level 8, but BEWARE of the mana usage )
    Ankle Shot L1
    Improved Magic Arrow L1
    Master Magic Arrow L5

Elven Swiftness L5
    Oak's Blessing L1
    Quick Heal L1
    Tidal Arrow L1
    Barkskin L1
    Improved Oak's Blessing L1
    Panic L1
    Conversion L1
    (This build is based more for PvP purposes... )

A word about a few skills~
    Conversion- Very good in PvP, especially Sengolia where you can use a Combat Mana Potion to obtain 100% MP. However, it is hard to use because as a Nature Ranger, your MP should NEVER be full, and this skill requires it all. However, this is a very good skill to use because a nature ranger depends upon hit points (thus the skill Precision is of the Nature Ranger Build.)
    Magic Arrow and Improved Magic Arrow- The reason I do not max these early on is because I feel that although it increases your attack (maybe substantially), it also uses a lot of MP and is not worth the 4 or 8 skill points that you put into it. Especially because, you will need to max most of your skills early on.
    Ankle Shot- I'm not sure if you would want to max this, but it slows down your enemy considerably when maxed (this would be ideal for PvP against say, a rogue or knight) and it also increases your attack (this may be a given).
    Tidal Arrow- Some of you may be wondering why I chose not to max this. Firstly, although it is also excellent in PvP (For example, if a rogue catches up to you) I feel that it is better for your enemy to not catch up to you than for them to catch up to you and then have to use this. Also, if you are using this on a target that is already near the edge of your range (for example, kiting during Sengolia) you may be pulled towards them all the while as they are running towards you. The reason this will happen is because your character will continue to attempt to use the default attack and finding them out of range, it will yank you towards them. Unfortunately, if their character is running towards you and yours is running towards them, then they will be able to attack you in a few seconds (if they are melee like a rogue or knight). Please believe me on this, this is through personal experience that ended in many deaths .
    Anaconda Trap- This is to be maxed because of the additional damage it does. Also, this will be one of your favourite traps at level 70+ because since it is the only visible trap, people WILL swerve to avoid it... this might take them directly into the path of another trap .

Equipment
    Remember that you will want your entire set to be enchanted to at least +5, preferrably +6 or +7. This adds considerably to your stats. I would recommend using your Slayers or Savage set, or any Epic Saints full set. Try not to mix and match because the added stats are VERY beneficial. This is why usually instead of Slayer's or Savage, you may want to use Bloodforge, Nightshade, Mistweave, or Exelorn. However... In PvP, remember to switch your AFKing Savage/Slayer's Bow with your Fragrach. Socket different kinds of gems in your equipment, but remember that MDEF is very important, along with Attack Speed ! Remember that socketing Topaz is good, but you may only want to socket them in your Weapon, and socket another kind of gem in your gloves... remember, it is YOUR decision !

A few more tips...
    For new nature rangers, please keep in mind that your healing is NOT affected by your actual heal stat. It is based on either a fixed amount not, or in the description it will say what it is based on (Hit Points, MATK, etc.)
    Your insignia is very important! Celestial level 3 or 4 is good especially because of the Attack Speed, Move Speed, and Damage Reduction... but the normal ones are excellent too. Simply keep in mind that Celestial Insignias do not have an honor requirement.
    Costumes are extremely useful. Get yourself a full one ASAP and remember that some are better than others... (i.e, HP +5%, All Attributes +5, Attack Speed +5% vs. HP +5%, All Attributes +5, Attack Speed +5%, Luck +2, Strength +5, Endurance +5, Hit Rating +2%)
    For Additional things such as Tenets, Heraldry, Fruits, and etc... Remember that for a Nature Ranger, types of stats are better than others. In something like Heraldry, synthesizing a seal that adds to INT will be much more beneficial than one that adds to Healing or AGI... In Tenets, you do not have to choose as much, but obviously the Sage Tenet is important for us Nature Rangers . For Fruits, certain kinds will be more useful than others... remember that these are NOT tradeable, so throw out or toss the recipes or non-sacred fruits that aren't meant to be used by Nature Rangers.

I hope that this guide helped you on your way to becoming an OP Nature Ranger ! Or, at least, helped you to become a better one. ~C.
    Please feel free to post any comments, concerns, or questions ! Or anything else that you wish to say...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by m1r4b3ll4; 01-19-2014, 03:52 PM. Reason: removed pictures; they do not work T^T

thx dude this is helpful

Comment

Thx it helped me and help me right now ) but u should say something about pet

Comment

Working...
      X