Combat Rogue Killing Machine Guide

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Combat Rogue Killing Machine Guide

Hello! Just wanted to help my fellow Combat Rogues out there and those Combat Rogues Wannabe. This is my first guide so correct me if im somewhat wrong with details. Im still level 43 from Psychodelica Server. So it is limited. So ill only make a guide until level 50.

NOTE: This is not the only build you can do, this is just based from my own experience as combat rogue

Okay, lets start with .

What is Combat Rogue?

Combat Rogue are killing machines that tears down enemy's HP using chain of skills and DOT leaving them bloody over time. While as for Shadow ,they rely on their stun. So with no sugar coated words, once the Shadow's Stun lands on you, you're dead.PERIOD. But When youre lucky enough to dodge it, they're dead. PERIOD (Tip: When they will use shadow strike, use lightstream , it will reveal them!)

*Combat rogues are not that popular in this game and i must say they're pretty much always underestimated. But i myself enjoy playing this especially in dungeons. But i have to say, they will only be frickin great after rebirth as you can max out all useful skills . I myself havent been to rebirth so my guide is i repeat, LIMITED.

PROS:
    High Chance of Last Hitting Enemy boss(Especially World Boss)
    Easy level up and doing dungeons
    High Dodging Rate
    High Movement Speed

CONS:
    Low Pdef
    Dot skills gimped in Seng and Delivery Quest.

Stat Build:

I would recommend 2 Str/ 1 Agi until level 25 then Full Strength After it. Why agi? So that you'll have some crit chance and hit rating . This also boost a little dodge. After 25, go full Str as it increases PATK.

Skill Build:

For me, i focus more on left and middle tree(damaging skills) as it is more important before rebirth. Max them first because you'll lack skill points if you'll try to learn the right tree and damage skills at the same time .And after rebirth, you can use the right.

Your Skill tree should turn out like this when you reach level 50:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	1
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	1731730

Double Cut- 1/5 Place this at level 1 as it has its improved version at level 40

Blade Twist- 5/5 This should be maxed ASAP as it reduces enemy's PDEF by 35% at level 5.

Lightstream- 5/5 Max this too as it hugely increases Patk and hits enemies at the same time. This can also be used to initiate an attack or escape mechanism.

Viper's touch- 5/5 Max this. This skill is passive damaging 285 per 3 sec in 12 seconds at level 5. Enemy's Healing will also be reduced to 50%. So as what it says, when someone uses healing potion , instead of healing 621 every 3 sec, it will only 311 every 3 sec.

Triple Strike- 1/5 Just place it to 1. Imp Double Cut is better damage and cooldown wise.

Imp. Double Cut- 5/5 Max this. This is a great DOT skill.

*After getting all these at level 44, get 1 blur and 1 shadow slap when you reach level 48. Shadow Slap is very useful in fights because it removes healing effects and prevents enemy from using any pots. And when you turn 50, get Reversal.

TIP: You can use SOT when you reach level 50 to stir your skills up!

*UPDATE*

Been going back and forth changing to find the better build. My current build is a
    Passive Rogue . And i have to say, this is my favorite build . High Dodge and Crit Rate and High Damage boosts. So you'll mostly rely on your attack. This is great for dungeons. Ill show you how its done : Lvl 62 ATM

Click image for larger version

Name:	ETO.png
Size:	149.7 KB
ID:	1732060Click image for larger version

Name:	ETOO.png
Size:	135.3 KB
ID:	1732061

COMBAT TREE:
    Lightstream - 1/5

Viper's Touch- 1/5

Reversal - 1/5

Imp. Lightstream 1/5

Double Cut- 1/5

Blade Twist- 5/5 35% decreased Pdef, remember? :>

Triple Strike- 1/5 This is your main attacking skill .

Imp. Double Cut-1/5 Just put this at one , this is becoming useless at the moment youre 60+ because you'll mostly encounter Pvp only in Seng , and the DOT damage of this is gimped there.

Blur - 3/5 or 5/5 Well. Ive tried 5/5 Blur and its cool. You'll mostly dodge enemies and bosses. But After resetting my skills again, i placed it to 3 so that i can use more skills. Its up to you what you want =)

Slayer's Deftness- 5/5 - 10% Dodge Rate is already a very big YES YES to stats. With the addition of blur, youll mostly dodge when going through 1on1.

* If youre asking why only 1 point for reversal and imp. Lightstream, its for you to be able to take additional skills. You have very limited skill points before rebirth so better use it to the fullest. It would also be sufficient enough to give you high damage boosts for a while. and Don't forget, The slide has damage =) You can use it for initiating an attack or escaping a gank. I use it as an escape in Seng when the other team is spawn killing. =)

PROS:
    High Crit
    High Dodge
    High Damage Boost
    Escape Mechanism

CONS:
    No Stun (*Heartbreak) Well basically Combat have stun, but only available when level 80 .
    No Killer Skills
    No Invi (But Lighstream/Reversal can be alternatives for escaping)

SOUL:

Focus only on Ice and level it up to 5 to unlock the Brilliance. On Ice, focus on the first one in the top and the other 3 in the bottom.It provide the most effective benefits for your character without having through any irrelevant prerequisites.

Then on Brilliance Soul, Vulgarity and Cruelty are my number one as it increases my movement , attack speed, and crit ratio.

On Void Soul, Illusion, deftness and Simplicity. They give you Agi bonuses and crit ratio bonuses

PETS:

General Pet:Morphed Archer or Spectre with Frenzy/Dodge/Fierce Attack or Charm will be a great pet.

Morped Vulture with Heal/Charm/Infinity will be great for support too esp. in dungeons.

If you're using Crystals, you can go whatever pet you want.

EQUIPS:

Nevermind Dreamwalker Set during Lvl 20s because you will level up to 30 fast you'll just waste your money.. So i recommend go straight for Ethereal Set during level 30's. Once your 40, Savage Set will be best as it improves your PvP Capabilities.

Well that would be all, this was my first guide so there could be flaws with this guide. So be easy on me okay? Enjoy the game

PrincessVy
    Server:Psychodelica
    Last edited by PrincessVy; 08-22-2012, 08:36 PM.

finally a good combat guide... im a lvel 45 shadow rogue.. and let me tell you dung as shadow rogue sucks... if u wanna be shadow rogue wait till your level 80 scion... to get full effect of all skills...
    Currently playing Wow and no longer plays CS anymore.

I Don't Need a Weapon, I Have a Heart of passion

You'r Just Jelly Cuz I'm Sexy

Sever: sexy
    Level: over 9,000
    Just a Hard worker, Only Uses cash on cloth

Comment

Thats pretty helpful........

Comment

dragonboy, you're wrong lol. You don't have to wait till your level 80 to get full effect of all skills, and shadow rogue does NOT suks, im lv 72 ( shadow rogue) and i can solo all dungeons without heal from priest, and it only takes me 3.6 minutes to kill all bosses in vault nm.

Comment

Lemme guess y u said that shadow rogue suks.....Hmmm...u dont like hiding from other ppl and wanted to kill them face to face? or you got low crit n dodge rating?

Comment

i recommended u to add more agility, you can get more than 300+ agility points from brillance (soul) and dont go pure str cuz its not gonna help u much, and if you want u can go pure str and just upgrade the soul i just mentioned (some are just really into str and forgot abt their dodge and crit rating) and dont forget that atk speed is wat make rogues strong!

Comment

Thanks guys. any suggestions would be much appreciated

Comment

lol seriously?
                okay... shadow rogue is better because....
                1) shadow cloak... meaning you get to strike un-noticed
                2) 4seconds stun right after shadow cloak
                3) shadow strike... let's you cloak once again if in crysis and instant 4second stun with the shadow strike..
                4) stronger attacking skills...
                5) extremely insane scion skill which is basically instant kill if you know how to use it...

i can go on like this forever... but instead... let me show you what's wrong with YOUR guide...
                as you said here...
                PROS:
                High Chance of Last Hitting Enemy boss(Especially World Boss) - FALSE... shadow rogues have a skill called Slayer's Speed which improves your attack speed by 15% on level5...
                Easy level up and doing dungeons - FALSE... i was able to solo vault NM when i was lv 45... and before that, i made a lv30 priest that healed... 1k was more then enough...
                High Dodging Rate - FALSE... if you choose to be agility, it doesn't matter whatsoever which build you are, you will always have the same dodge...
                High Movement Speed - aaaaand FALSE again... shadow rogues have a skill called Slayer's Spring which improves your mobility for 70% for 12 seconds...

thus, i have prooven that your guide fails hard... you tried to make a combat rogue guide, while being uninformed about shadow rogues and their abilities... next time, try harder please...
                I, the master troll, solemnly swear that I am up to no good...

~(°.•)`¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿`(•.°)~
                Char : (S24)Daggerash
                Server : Tundara
                Spouse : (S24)Konoichi
                Guild : (S6)Athena
                Awesomeness level : ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ OVER 9000!!!
                (屮゚Д゚)屮 щ(゚Д゚щ)

Yes, I have managed to get my avatar to move... U Jelly?

Comment

Originally posted by MrEvolve View Post
                  thus, i have prooven that your guide fails hard... you tried to make a combat rogue guide, while being uninformed about shadow rogues and their abilities... next time, try harder please...
                  Oooh, imma try you out. LOL

"NOTE: This is not the only build you can do, this is just based from my own experience as combat rogue"

^ Didn't read? Good job.

"High Dodging Rate - FALSE... if you choose to be agility, it doesn't matter whatsoever which build you are, you will always have the same dodge..."

Damn, really? +10% dodge in combat, you didn't notice that skill? Shadows have +15% critical rate. Combat has +10% dodge skill.

"Well that would be all, this was my first guide so there could be flaws with this guide. So be easy on me okay? Enjoy the game "

^Really, not that obvious?

++

In terms of last hitting bosses, mages rank 1, rogues rank 2. We are talking about giving the highest damage without crits.
                  If somehow you rant about rogues having crits, if mages crit, who do you think will still have the highest damage?
                  If somehow you rant about rogues having high hit rate, if mages hit, mages still win.

++

And MrEvolve, your nature is probably the aspect of PVP. The thread clearly said for combat rogues. Not for Shadow Rogues.

++

Clearly, with the help of my name, I'm messing up with you since your way of thinking is amusing.
                  Oh really now, don't get so serious about it. Try laughing, that makes me laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by Unreal.Joker View Post

++

Clearly, with the help of my name, I'm messing up with you since your way of thinking is amusing.
                    Then again, I made a mistake of not noticing quickly that you're a troll. =))
                    Oh really now, don't get so serious about it. Try laughing, that makes me laugh.

Comment

sorry bro, i never go easy on people... i either fully troll or dont comment...
                      and yeah, i've seen shadow rogues with more then 70% dodge and the highest crit rate i saw was 78%... so that slight increase doesn't help that much, concidering that 70% is basically dodge every hit... also, yes, i'm based on PVP... u jelly? k, moving on... yes, i 've read the ''that's not the only build you can do'' and guess what...

nuff said there... and the ''last hitting bosses''... shadow rogues still own there, because either it is a gotor-like boss where you hit 900000 each hit, we got better attack speed, and either it's a world boss, we hit stronger... and i'm talking about Shadow Rogue vs. Combat Rogue, not Shadow Rogue vs. Mage... re-read my post then comment... k?

~(°.•)`¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿`(•.°)~
                      (屮゚Д゚)屮 щ(゚Д゚щ)

Comment

sorry bout the double post... lags ftw

(屮゚Д゚)屮 щ(゚Д゚щ)

Comment

Sorry sir but you missed the point, my guide is not a failure. as ive said its for combat rogues dont you know how to read? im not comparing combat to shadow.Why the hell should i be informed with shadow rogues and their abilities when the thread clearly states its a guide for combat rogue? Omg. ^^
                          Last edited by PrincessVy; 06-13-2012, 05:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Unreal.Joker View Post

And MrEvolve, your nature is probably the aspect of PVP. The thread clearly said for combat rogues. Not for Shadow Rogues.

Absolutely my point, thanks

Comment

i can go on like this forever... but instead... let me show you what's wrong with YOUR guide...
                              as you said here...
                              PROS:
                              High Chance of Last Hitting Enemy boss(Especially World Boss) - FALSE... shadow rogues have a skill called Slayer's Speed which improves your attack speed by 15% on level5...
                              Easy level up and doing dungeons - FALSE... i was able to solo vault NM when i was lv 45... and before that, i made a lv30 priest that healed... 1k was more then enough...
                              High Dodging Rate - FALSE... if you choose to be agility, it doesn't matter whatsoever which build you are, you will always have the same dodge...
                              High Movement Speed - aaaaand FALSE again... shadow rogues have a skill called Slayer's Spring which improves your mobility for 70% for 12 seconds...

Ok time to defend my guide.

*High Chance of Last Hitting Enemy boss(Especially World Boss) - FALSE... shadow rogues have a skill called Slayer's Speed which improves your attack speed by 15% on level5...

- Combat Rogues have DOT skills that w/c will contribute to a high chance of last hitting world bosses. At level 40 i got to last hit Torvo and Auron.

*High Dodging Rate - FALSE... if you choose to be agility, it doesn't matter whatsoever which build you are, you will always have the same dodge...

-Are you dumb? guess your the one who dont know anything about combat rogues even though youve been to scion. Combat Rogues have passive and skills that improves their dodging capabilities namely Slayer's Deftness, Imp Slayer's Deftness and Vagabond's Swiftness. Plus with the help of Blur it reduces enemy's hit rate thus improving dodging capabilities.

*High Movement Speed - aaaaand FALSE again... shadow rogues have a skill called Slayer's Spring which improves your mobility for 70% for 12 seconds...

-Guess youre wrong again. The skills of Shadow Rogues w/c boosts movement speed are only in an amnt. of time or while Stealth while the Combat Rogue's Skills are permanent.

*thus, i have prooven that your guide fails hard... you tried to make a combat rogue guide, while being uninformed about shadow rogues and their abilities... next time, try harder please...

- Thus i have proven that youre the one who doesnt know anything about combat. You Tried arguing with my guide with knowing only the informations about Shadow Rogues while uninformed with The Combat Rogues. Next time, try arguing better please..

Comment

Working...
                              X