No announcement yet.

Combat Rogue Killing Machine Guide

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the age old fight of rogue vs rogue, all i can say is be proud of your class! both shadow and combat are killing machines! i personally enjoy combat over shadow, but no way in hell am i gonna say shadow is worse.
    i find the biggest drawback to shadow is relying on skills for kills - if your first stun fails (and frequently can against other full agi rogues) you are dead meat. shadow rogues are AMAZING at taking down much higher lvl / stronger opponents BUT they can only do so effectively 1vs1. combat rogue does have higher dodge rate - as per passive skills, and fairs WAY better when facing multiple attackers - Biggest draw back for Combat rogue is it doesnt really reach max effectiveness till lvl 80 (and decimation is learned).
    my toon is currently lvl 100, and iv used the extra skill points to dip into the shadow rogues passive skills - fully buffed i have 114% crit, 86% dodge. - one thing i might take back from all this, is i think i may have underestimated the "Blur" skill... its never been past lvl 1... i think ill be testing it out. Quote "Your dodge is Cheating!!!!"
    LISTEN! do you smell something?
    I just killed you in the time it took you to read that.

Comment

My combat rogue is way better than this

Comment

my rouge is now lvl 48, at my first 30 lvl, i am on shadow type with some help of combat skills.. When i reached lvl 44 I can finish the RV-NM with the help of my lvl 38 priest. when i reach lvl 45, I shift into pure combat mode. I don't know - but since i am on combat type, it's make me a hard time before I kill the dungeon boss in RV- NM compare with from my previous build which is shadow.. Now i am thinking if i reach the lvl 50, I will going back to shadow type..

Comment

At level 100, I'm going to switch to combat..all you need is good defense and you are pretty much like a tank in Seng. Set your moves up right and you can take on quite a few people. Just recently found out that dashing move that they have, good to get away quick. Now if you want to own as a shadow, just get a good amount of crit and thru agi stat leveling and soul upgrading, your dodge will go up too. It's not having people barely able to touch you.
          Lil by lil my signature will become better.

Ign: Sai
          Level: 130
          Class: Rogue
          Plane: Eidolon
          Honor: Emperor
          Server: (S31)TreeOfLife
          Guild: Rebels
          Pet: DemonKing

Comment

now that makes sense

Comment

combat is good. but u must be carefull. u must know how to slide as fast as possible. if u laggin a bit ull be dead meat.
              Now Playing ~ Shadowbound [S13] - Hunter

played games so far (in many different account) ~ Crystal Saga, Wartune, Broken Realm, Eternal Saga, Dragon Pals, Yitien, Blade Hunter (alpha), Lunaria Story, League of Angels, Monkey King Online, Crusader of Solaris, Shadowbound, Mythborne (alpha), Stormthrone (alpha) more list to come

Comment

i've been finding decent combat rogue guides andthis one seems okay to trry out and test my first combat rogue xD ty.
                Greg TheSloth

BACON+Potatoes+Jack Daniel's=GregTheSloth

Comment

I've been going back and forth changing from shadow to combat to shadow to combat to test the skills. My current build is a
                  Passive Rogue but running mostly on combat. i only took 5/5 Slayer's Speed and Slayer's Call in the Shadow tree. Then everything in combat. I have to say, this is my favorite build . High Dodge and Crit Rate and High Damage boosts. So you'll mostly rely on your attack. This is great for dungeons. Ill show you how its done :

SHADOW

Slayer's Speed - 5
                  Slayer's Call- 5

COMBAT

Lightstream - 1/5

Viper's Touch- 1/5

Reversal - 1/5

Imp. Lightstream 1/5

Double Cut- 1/5

Blade Twist- 5/5 35% decreased Pdef, remember? :>

Triple Strike- 1/5 This is your main attacking skill .

Imp. Double Cut-1/5 Just put this at one , this is becoming useless at the moment youre 60+ because you'll mostly encounter Pvp only in Seng , and the DOT damage of this is gimped there.

Blur - 1/5 or 5/5 Well. Ive tried 5/5 Blur and its cool. You'll mostly dodge enemies and bosses. But After resetting my skills again, i placed it to 1 so that i can use more skills. Its up to you what you want =)

Slayer's Deftness- 5/5

* If youre asking why only 1 point for reversal and imp. Lightstream, its for you to be able to take additional skills. You have very limited skill points before rebirth so better use it to the fullest. It would also be sufficient enough to give you high damage boosts for a while. and Don't forget, The slide has damage =) You can use it for initiating an attack or escaping a gank.

~ Thats all for now
                  Last edited by PrincessVy; 08-04-2012, 07:33 PM.

Comment

This is my build level 61 combat rogue

SHADOW

Slayer's Speed lvl 5/5

Slayer's Call lvl 5/5

COMBAT

Lightstream lvl 1/5

Viper's Touch lvl 1/5

Reversal lvl 1/5

Double Cut lvl 1/5

Blade Twist lvl 1/5

Triple Strike lvl 1/5

Improved Double Cut lvl 1/5

Blur lvl 1/5

Shadow Slap lvl 1/5

Slayer's Deftness lvl 5/5

Slayer's March lvl 1/5

Vagabonds Swiftness lvl 1/5

Improved Slayer's Deftness lvl 4/5
                    (going to max)

My damage is very good and I crit and dodge often

Comment

Originally posted by buy1getme2 View Post

Improved Slayer's Deftness lvl 4/5
                      (going to max)
                      How much % does one level of Imp.Slayer's Deftness give?

Comment

Wow, watch out... uber troll alert. When I first started playing I made a Shadow+Combat Hybrid.
                        And regardless of whether people like (or think) which tree is better... I think that going FULL combat OR shadow makes a fail rogue. The best of either is going to be a hybrid, regardless of which tree you decide to specialize in.

Just my opinion though. And good guide.

Comment

In my opinion, i find being a combat rogue very usefull, shadows maybe able to dodge but when the dont, the get hit HARD. Combats are same but i find a combats dmg very high even without critical. but i have to admit, a shadows cloak and stun is very useful but combats can reveal a shadow in stealth.. both have great advantages and disadvantages. so we cannot say one is better, thanks, just an opinion, and great guide

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessVy View Post
                            Hello! Just wanted to help my fellow Combat Rogues out there and those Combat Rogues Wannabe. This is my first guide so correct me if im somewhat wrong with details. Im still level 43 from Psychodelica Server. So it is limited. So ill only make a guide until level 50.

NOTE: This is not the only build you can do, this is just based from my own experience as combat rogue

Okay, lets start with .

What is Combat Rogue?

Combat Rogue are killing machines that tears down enemy's HP using chain of skills and DOT leaving them bloody over time. While as for Shadow ,they rely on their stun. So with no sugar coated words, once the Shadow's Stun lands on you, you're dead.PERIOD. But When youre lucky enough to dodge it, they're dead. PERIOD (Tip: When they will use shadow strike, use lightstream , it will reveal them!)

*Combat rogues are not that popular in this game and i must say they're pretty much always underestimated. But i myself enjoy playing this especially in dungeons. But i have to say, they will only be frickin great after rebirth as you can max out all useful skills . I myself havent been to rebirth so my guide is i repeat, LIMITED.

PROS:
                            High Chance of Last Hitting Enemy boss(Especially World Boss)
                            Easy level up and doing dungeons
                            High Dodging Rate
                            High Movement Speed

CONS:
                            Low Pdef
                            Dot skills gimped in Seng and Delivery Quest.

Stat Build:

I would recommend 2 Str/ 1 Agi until level 25 then Full Strength After it. Why agi? So that you'll have some crit chance and hit rating . This also boost a little dodge. After 25, go full Str as it increases PATK.

Skill Build:

For me, i focus more on left and middle tree(damaging skills) as it is more important before rebirth. Max them first because you'll lack skill points if you'll try to learn the right tree and damage skills at the same time .And after rebirth, you can use the right.

Your Skill tree should turn out like this when you reach level 50:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18928[/ATTACH]

Double Cut- 1/5 Place this at level 1 as it has its improved version at level 40

Blade Twist- 5/5 This should be maxed ASAP as it reduces enemy's PDEF by 35% at level 5.

Lightstream- 5/5 Max this too as it hugely increases Patk and hits enemies at the same time. This can also be used to initiate an attack or escape mechanism.

Viper's touch- 5/5 Max this. This skill is passive damaging 285 per 3 sec in 12 seconds at level 5. Enemy's Healing will also be reduced to 50%. So as what it says, when someone uses healing potion , instead of healing 621 every 3 sec, it will only 311 every 3 sec.

Triple Strike- 1/5 Just place it to 1. Imp Double Cut is better damage and cooldown wise.

Imp. Double Cut- 5/5 Max this. This is a great DOT skill.

*After getting all these at level 44, get 1 blur and 1 shadow slap when you reach level 48. Shadow Slap is very useful in fights because it removes healing effects and prevents enemy from using any pots. And when you turn 50, get Reversal.

TIP: You can use SOT when you reach level 50 to stir your skills up!

*UPDATE*

Been going back and forth changing to find the better build. My current build is a
                            Passive Rogue . And i have to say, this is my favorite build . High Dodge and Crit Rate and High Damage boosts. So you'll mostly rely on your attack. This is great for dungeons. Ill show you how its done : Lvl 62 ATM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21637[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]21638[/ATTACH]

COMBAT TREE:
                            Lightstream - 1/5

Viper's Touch- 1/5

Reversal - 1/5

Imp. Lightstream 1/5

Double Cut- 1/5

Blade Twist- 5/5 35% decreased Pdef, remember? :>

Triple Strike- 1/5 This is your main attacking skill .

Imp. Double Cut-1/5 Just put this at one , this is becoming useless at the moment youre 60+ because you'll mostly encounter Pvp only in Seng , and the DOT damage of this is gimped there.

Blur - 3/5 or 5/5 Well. Ive tried 5/5 Blur and its cool. You'll mostly dodge enemies and bosses. But After resetting my skills again, i placed it to 3 so that i can use more skills. Its up to you what you want =)

Slayer's Deftness- 5/5 - 10% Dodge Rate is already a very big YES YES to stats. With the addition of blur, youll mostly dodge when going through 1on1.

* If youre asking why only 1 point for reversal and imp. Lightstream, its for you to be able to take additional skills. You have very limited skill points before rebirth so better use it to the fullest. It would also be sufficient enough to give you high damage boosts for a while. and Don't forget, The slide has damage =) You can use it for initiating an attack or escaping a gank. I use it as an escape in Seng when the other team is spawn killing. =)

PROS:
                            High Crit
                            High Dodge
                            High Damage Boost
                            Escape Mechanism

CONS:
                            No Stun (*Heartbreak) Well basically Combat have stun, but only available when level 80 .
                            No Killer Skills
                            No Invi (But Lighstream/Reversal can be alternatives for escaping)

SOUL:

Focus only on Ice and level it up to 5 to unlock the Brilliance. On Ice, focus on the first one in the top and the other 3 in the bottom.It provide the most effective benefits for your character without having through any irrelevant prerequisites.

Then on Brilliance Soul, Vulgarity and Cruelty are my number one as it increases my movement , attack speed, and crit ratio.

On Void Soul, Illusion, deftness and Simplicity. They give you Agi bonuses and crit ratio bonuses

PETS:

General Pet:Morphed Archer or Spectre with Frenzy/Dodge/Fierce Attack or Charm will be a great pet.

Morped Vulture with Heal/Charm/Infinity will be great for support too esp. in dungeons.

If you're using Crystals, you can go whatever pet you want.

EQUIPS:

Nevermind Dreamwalker Set during Lvl 20s because you will level up to 30 fast you'll just waste your money.. So i recommend go straight for Ethereal Set during level 30's. Once your 40, Savage Set will be best as it improves your PvP Capabilities.

Well that would be all, this was my first guide so there could be flaws with this guide. So be easy on me okay? Enjoy the game

PrincessVy
                            Server:Psychodelica
                            Don't Forget To Use Level 50's Epic Equipement Wich will Be better than Savage Gold or Purple . At level 60 till 80 use All leel 60 - 70 shards To Exchange them For Equipement .

Game :Wartune
                            IGN: Palpablesage
                            Class: Mage
                            Level: 19
                            Game: Wartune
                            IGN: MrNemesis
                            Level:18+

Comment

try take alook this one i think ull find some answer there

http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....GUIDE-GodReigN

IGN: (S34)GodReigN
                              Server: Void Encampment
                              Class: Hybrid Pure Agi Rogue
                              Level: 120 Eidolon
                              Guild: REBELS

" I am The Ancient God of Shadow and Wind
                              I Stand under One Sky of The Dark Age
                              I Bestow Nightmare upon My Enemies
                              I Breath Despair and Endless Calamity
                              My Presence is beyond The Everlasting Horror "

" I don't always show emotion.
                              But when I do, It's like the second coming of Jesus "

Comment

It it really okay to have a 2str 1 agi to lvl 25 only?? In scions?? How to distribute attributes?

Comment

Working...
                                X