Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GameDP CS shutting down, need to talk to R2 administators for options.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The main problem with that suggestion is that GameDP are offering its players a meager compensation for their purchases, which means they are hoping all of these players will turn to one of their other games. Giving away the player database is bad for their business (though, I think it's just bad for business to shut down games and expect players to have faith that the next game won't be shut down). It would have to be GameDP that offers the database. R2 has no rights to any of that.
    New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

GameDP has a history of having a hard time keeping their games/server alive and they tend to shut them down after a year or so. Their player base is shrinking more and more with people being frustrated of their hard work going to waste on a terrible company. The best thing they (GameDP) could do for their players to give us any faith in them is to allow R2 the CS server data so we can continue to play. Most of the players wont be playing any more of GameDP's stuff if they shut down CS there. So I will talk with the people from GameDP and see if they would consider this as an option.

Comment

I think it should be possible for r2games to create new character in one of the servers here without accessing gamedp database, basically all they have to do is give a set of screenshots of their character, just one main character per person. Since gamedp closed the game because lack of players, there shouldn't be that much players anyway right ? And I'm pretty sure not every single player there want to move here, some will most likely just move on and search other games.

Just assuming, I believe it won't be more than 50 or 100 players total, these are 50-100 potential customers that could generate thousands or ten thousands of dollars. I saw some real donator there like (s1)Invul, I knew him from dragon's call, he probably wouldn't know me but yea he's a real casher there.

Comment

Originally posted by Botolminum View Post
          I think it should be possible for r2games to create new character in one of the servers here without accessing gamedp database, basically all they have to do is give a set of screenshots of their character, just one main character per person. Since gamedp closed the game because lack of players, there shouldn't be that much players anyway right ? And I'm pretty sure not every single player there want to move here, some will most likely just move on and search other games.

Just assuming, I believe it won't be more than 50 or 100 players total, these are 50-100 potential customers that could generate thousands or ten thousands of dollars. I saw some real donator there like (s1)Invul, I knew him from dragon's call, he probably wouldn't know me but yea he's a real casher there.
          It's not as simple as that. There's dozens of factors that would have to be considered- one being that every item would have to be manually given to each player after the player created a character. Every item has it's own code, and that would mean someone manually going through every code. Not to mention, screenshots can be altered, so they would have to have some way to verify every bit of information. You're looking at hours of work per character, multiply that by the number of people who would want to switch- and that would just be for what the character is wearing not the mount/pet/inventory/soul.

It's not about the money, it's about what's possible and what isn't. Believe me, we feel bad and we did ask the GMs about it, but there just isn't any way to do it.

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Comment

Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post
            It's not as simple as that. There's dozens of factors that would have to be considered- one being that every item would have to be manually given to each player after the player created a character. Every item has it's own code, and that would mean someone manually going through every code. Not to mention, screenshots can be altered, so they would have to have some way to verify every bit of information. You're looking at hours of work per character, multiply that by the number of people who would want to switch- and that would just be for what the character is wearing not the mount/pet/inventory/soul.

It's not about the money, it's about what's possible and what isn't. Believe me, we feel bad and we did ask the GMs about it, but there just isn't any way to do it.

Screenshots can be altered, However Fraps cannot, how about giving them the support email address to send in Fraps of them logging into there account and showing all char stats items and skills.

Comment

I don't know what a Frap is, so I can't comment on that. Still doesn't change anything about the process- just restoring a character that was deleted takes hours and everything about the character is stored in logs in R2's database, so I can't imagine building a character that has zero logs in the database would take any less time than that.

Comment

I don't know what a Frap is, so I can't comment on that. Still doesn't change anything about the process- just restoring a character that was deleted takes hours and everything about the character is stored in logs in R2's database, so I can't imagine building a character that has zero logs in the database would take any less time than that.
                Fraps is a recording programme used to record everything that happens on your laptop/pc screen and saved to a video format that can then be sent in as evidence of hackers / botters that i used to use on another game it can also be used as evidence of bugs / glitches and w.e else you need it for. was just a suggestion that might help

Comment

Thanks to r2 for trying to find a solution to our problem. I did not think it would work but it does not hurt to ask.

Ladihawk
                  Community Manager
                  CS Gamedp

Comment

No no no, not every item. Before they had the new terms and conditions, I got a friend that got hacked / scammed , well basically it's his stupidity for sharing account, the other person snap, and stole everything, deleted the character or whatever. They managed to get it back, but not every single item, only the items he had equipped, basically all slayers equip with the refinement +, hellwing, flawless gems bound, DK pet at lvl 1 (basic stats), soul.

But I guess creating a new character from scratch would be more difficult, I'm just hoping that the GMs and Devs team can do something about it, since I played in gamedp dragon's call before, I can feel what it's like to have game closed on you after donating so much...

Comment

Originally posted by Ladihawk View Post
                      Thanks to r2 for trying to find a solution to our problem. I did not think it would work but it does not hurt to ask.

Ladihawk
                      Community Manager
                      CS Gamedp
                      Keep pestering gamedp from your side, though.

Comment

Happened to Warflow before. What Dovo players did is, they try to match the characters to alts they have. You might want to start a new thread looking for alts.
                        After the recent merge, I believe alot players has abandoned S51 characters.

Comment

Originally posted by ElitePork View Post
                          Happened to Warflow before. What Dovo players did is, they try to match the characters to alts they have. You might want to start a new thread looking for alts.
                          After the recent merge, I believe alot players has abandoned S51 characters.
                          That is against R2's terms of service though.

Comment

It is a very strange situation especially if R2 is the parent company...

Usually a "merge" would take place having GameDP players move to a new server in R2's grounds - without having to merge the 2 companies as a whole.

The ideal solution would be :

r2 open 4 new servers for East and West PvP/PvE.
                            Have GameDP members log in through their own site then have them connected to r2.

Much like how people use Facebook connect to play this.

Ideally, they would retain their characters through their server and have it loaded on to r2.
                            Last edited by HimariChan; 10-29-2012, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HimariChan View Post
                              It is a very strange situation especially if R2 is the parent company...

Usually a "merge" would take place having GameDP players move to a new server in R2's grounds - without having to merge the 2 companies as a whole.

The ideal solution would be :

r2 open 4 new servers for East and West PvP/PvE.
                              Have GameDP members log in through their own site then have them connected to r2.

Much like how people use Facebook connect to play this.

Ideally, they would retain their characters through their server and have it loaded on to r2.
                              remote networking two different company's systems :shudders:&not always so simple. would take work whichever way it goes if it did go some way. would prob be best just to tell R2 how much you would love them, the things you don't want to lose etc. if they did make it possible. not saying that it is, since anything you guys/gals want is way outside of their original agreement probably an would have to do business meetings+phone calls etc to reach a new understanding/deal. .....stuff that will probably take a little bit of time.
                              but basically what i'm saying is just be patient for a official response about the situation.everything would be as one would say "up in the air", besides the options already given to you by the other people.

Comment

It seems as though Gamedp has had a change of heart and is going to keep the server open at least for now.

Ladihawk
                                Community Manager
                                CS Gamedp

Comment

Working...
                                X