Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New player: Questions abotu crystals / the game.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New player: Questions abotu crystals / the game.

Before i commit to playing crystal saga more often, i want to know a few things.

1) Is there anyway to obtain crystals without paying / dodgy website surveys etc, like doing in-game things? Or obtaining things in-game normally paid for with crystals. I accept they need to make money and the game is pay-to-win but there are huge restrictions.

^ The main thing that bothers me is the huge lack of inventory / vault space, can i get more space without paying for crystals?

2) Is this game playable without crystals in the first place, or do you need to pay for higher level content, need crystals for gear to be even remotely useful in game, or can you access everything without crystals (assuming it just requires a huge grind)

So to sum it up.

-Can i obtain more inventory/vault space without crystals + other stuff you have to pay for with crystals, without crystals xD to a certain extent?
    -Can i access all of the game at higher levels and be reasonably effective without paid-gear / things?

For me, this is just a timesink for a while, im not willing to drop money into a browser game, sorry Devs!

Thanks for the answers

Its very much possible as a free player to attain scion +, angel lord wings +, perfect fragarach. etc. just takes time and effort.
    you can buy cash items from people for in game gold, so for most part I'd say even if your not a casher you can be a casher by proxy as long as there is some cashers in your server providing a market or events. could always ask a friend to gift you VIP as well.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

So its only possible to obtain extra inven / vault slots from players? I just did a quest and they gave me an extra inventory row, are there no other quests like this further on? I would be happy with just a couple more, but being crippled for weeks untill i have the money to buy from someone is kinda meh

Also, so its possible for me to do all the high-level content (dungeons, pvp etc) without cash-items/gear with success? thanks

Oh, and does the AFK system work when you "log out" e.g close the browser, or do you need to leave your PC on with the browser open?
      Last edited by Capped; 03-12-2013, 10:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Capped View Post
        Thanks for the reply.

So its only possible to obtain extra inven / vault slots from players? I just did a quest and they gave me an extra inventory row, are there no other quests like this further on? I would be happy with just a couple more, but being crippled for weeks untill i have the money to buy from someone is kinda meh

Also, so its possible for me to do all the high-level content (dungeons, pvp etc) without cash-items/gear with success? thanks

Oh, and does the AFK system work when you "log out" e.g close the browser, or do you need to leave your PC on with the browser open?
        have to stay online for afk, would be awesome if could logoff and continue afk.
        for more vault space you can get vault expanders for guild contribution by talking to guild management officer in starglade.
        There's at least the one quest where the vault gives you a pack expander, not sure if there are others.
        &yep i've died a lot in seng cause a mage, but i've had my moments as well. people used to hate me for dive bombing with blizzard. just by participating mostly an picking up kills here &there I have full purple slayer lv 80 gear and 1 piece short of full purple savage set.
        use event items you don't want or need yet to your advantage by trading them or selling if you get a decent item if get lucky and don't mind
        good way to earn money:evolve this concept to earn more

If wanna compare Honor rank in game to real life. The Duties of a captain and above is to manage troops of stations lower then yourself, in this case could be alts. every estate needs to be managed. if not a millionaire to already have w/e, you can employ the services of your small militia of alts. don't have to go crazy with it to get somewhere, start by hiring a new mercenary (making a new alt for farming and extra storage space to help remove the burden of your mains heavily weighed pockets) an go from there.

should also probably be noted even cashers use alts to farm. especially if your certain classes in certain stages for various reasons. or they just want to improve their char or make money stretch. purified crystal is a nice one though because everyone needs it. and a lot of it. +there isn't always a market for them. would save you a lot of coin to have a alt farm or two, or earn.
        Last edited by ShadowGammaDraco; 03-12-2013, 11:51 AM.

Comment

You can also get a free pack expander by doing the daily login at the event master 15 times.

Beyond that, yup you're stuck buying from players.
          (S14)Squintina
          LVL 140 eidolon hybrid holy-focus priest

(S14)Bluespark
          LVL 55 eidolon ice mage

Guides

Comment

Working...
          X