Nephentor server merge with r2 servers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nephentor server merge with r2 servers

I'm GM for Nephentor server which is hosted by Zqgame, we noticed that we have an npc to allow us to transfer our characters to R2, but Zqgame hasn't given any notice to players, it's very frustrating because I can't even get hold of a Zqgame administrator to help me get the facts right, can I please get some help from R2 administrators so I will be able to help Nephentor players with this issue?

We have a lot of questions that need to be answered. And the date given for the shut down is 19th plus theres some sort of ip limit. we did not want to add toons and want to transfer all of them since the shut down seems inevitable. Some real quick help please
    Dont mind the questions ; my curiosity needs feeding

Character : zq_Deathstab
    Server : S33

Comment

well for one the email id for my main account is already registered here and one of my alts has a the user name thats already existing here. there is the start to the list. more to come

Comment

Originally posted by point_man View Post
        We have a lot of questions that need to be answered. And the date given for the shut down is 19th plus theres some sort of ip limit. we did not want to add toons and want to transfer all of them since the shut down seems inevitable. Some real quick help please
        Your platform's gonna shutdown, you have an option to transfer your chars to R2, you have a set limit of toons transfered per ip?

The platform will shut down, no matter will they have an announcement or not if a set date's given, it WILL happen. You have an opportunity to transfer your toons to R2 servers, use the opportunity. And for the limit ..proxy.

Comment

i know the proxy thing already did the needful. those are not my questions but giving in some information can be helpful for others who miss out on what to do and what not to. Everybody cant be on at the same time for information to be passed onto all active players. Some need to be away for a day or two and who cannot be contacted. No information on the franchise forum either. I dont mind the transfer given the game will just change a bit and with some better administration. :P and i state again i never had an issue with the shut down i have some issues that need answers of which the company shutting down the game is not one since they are giving an alternative.
          Last edited by point_man; 01-14-2014, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Hopefully a mod can get to this issue right away; my toon is also a transfer from another site that had its platform shut down and I've been around for a couple other site merges to know it's extremely stressful when you're not in the loop of facts. >.<

Comment

The problem is that we have no information about how this done, we would really like to have some knowledge about it

Comment

I don't know about the IP limit thing, but from my own experience, players visited the transfer NPC before the deadline date and created/registered an empty (meaning no toons) account on R2. Then the original server and the server you will merge to will shut down to allow the transfer to go through. By the time the merge is over, your toon should be here. Unfortunately, I've witnessed some fail merges due to lack of communication which wasn't settled out till month(s) later; I mean it was eventually fixed, but boy did it drag out. That's only from my experience however; hopefully facts get straightened out and you all have a smooth transition here.~

Comment

Originally posted by point_man View Post
                  and one of my alts has a the user name thats already existing here
                  As for this, when you merge, you'll most likely have a character in front of your name that more or less signifies your origin, so alts won't clash. Original R2 toons (in a merged server), have an S in front of their name, followed by the server number - for example (S56)Doodlepops. Since I'm from a site merge, my IGN begins with (K1) for Koramgame, server 1. That way, if someone managed to come up with the same name as you, the R2 version wouldn't clash because the pre-exisiting user would have a different server label. Hope this makes sense. O_O

Comment

Originally posted by puppetbomber View Post
                    As for this, when you merge, you'll most likely have a character in front of your name that more or less signifies your origin, so alts won't clash. Original R2 toons (in a merged server), have an S in front of their name, followed by the server number - for example (S56)Doodlepops. Since I'm from a site merge, my IGN begins with (K1) for Koramgame, server 1. That way, if someone managed to come up with the same name as you, the R2 version wouldn't clash because the pre-exisiting user would have a different server label. Hope this makes sense. O_O
                    The prefixes to the name when the merge happens is ok i meant the user name of the account i created for that toon cant be registered because someone else has that username. So even if my email id is unique i cant register as the username i used in ZQ is same as someone in here and i cant register that toon. LOL how do i even know if my main is registered for the matter of fact since my email is existing here with no toon and in ZQ the same id is used for my main account. Conclusion: havent been able to register three out of four toons.
                    Last edited by point_man; 01-14-2014, 10:04 PM.

Comment

1-I have a few questions about this, our character will transfer with the items we have in the moment we used to npc to sign up for transference or with the items we acquire till server is closed?

2-Which server are we going to be placed in R2?

3-Will all the characters from Nephentor be placed in same server?

4-Is there a character limit per IP?

5-Do we keep the crystals and VIP we have in Nephentor?

6-What happens to guilds?

Comment

Information on the merge will be forth coming after tomorrow's maintenance. While the NPC is in there now, it should become active after the maintenance. Sorry for the delay in getting it to you, but please be patient, it is coming!
                        This Forum Admin is no more. He has ceased to be. He's expired and gone on to other work. He's a stiff. If R2 hadn't ignored him he'd still be employed. Bereft of work he lives in peace. His forum duties are now history. He's off the twig, he's kicked the bucket, he's shuffled off these forums, run down the thread count, and joined the ex-R2Games Employees Club. This is an ex-Forum Admin.

Comment

Hello!
                          the npc "Kevin" is already active and most of the active players have already registered.

Comment

Hmm, I was told it wasn't supposed to be active until after the maintenance. I don't suppose someone could provide a screenshot of him being active so I can take it to the staff and go "Are you suuuuuuuuuuuure he's not active right now?"
                            This Forum Admin is no more. He has ceased to be. He's expired and gone on to other work. He's a stiff. If R2 hadn't ignored him he'd still be employed. Bereft of work he lives in peace. His forum duties are now history. He's off the twig, he's kicked the bucket, he's shuffled off these forums, run down the thread count, and joined the ex-R2Games Employees Club. This is an ex-Forum Admin.

Comment

Here is screenshot you asked for
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	chartransfer.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	326.2 KB
ID:	1679701

Comment

Working...
                              X