New PvP servers?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New PvP servers?

WIll there ben any new pvp servers soon?

Cause i havent seen one in a damn long time, the last one was S59, and its all merged with the old servers were all the pros are already max lvl and very pro

Please make a new S84 sever or something and make it a PVP one, so new PvP focused players can begin on it for more fun ^^

Information regarding future servers will not be made public until shortly before the launch date, be it PvP/PvE or West/East. You will need to keep an eye on the forum for official announcements and hope for the best.

That being said, making a single new PvP server wouldn't steer you clear of getting merged with the older block(s). In time (for all servers), server activity decreases and they are at risk of getting merged with its OP predecessor. Given all the QQ that tends to arise from PvP servers, it's safe to say there won't be a sudden boom of new PvP servers.

Comment

So instead there's just a sudden boom of PvE servers, oh well I guess.

Comment

The last PvP server ever released was launched over 3 years ago unfortunately, so it isn't exactly a "sudden boom" of PvE servers. It's been a constant stream ever since S59.
        Last edited by Reverie; 06-04-2015, 02:32 AM.

Comment

The release of PvP servers were stopped 2 months after mallamoo borned, coincidence..?
          Red is the new Green.

Comment

Originally posted by Slayerino View Post
            The release of PvP servers were stopped 2 months after mallamoo borned, coincidence..?
            If there's any correlation from the last PvP server that was launched (http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....12-1-00-PM-EST), to the cessation of new PvP servers, it would be the apparent demand for PvE servers.
            Last edited by Reverie; 06-04-2015, 06:23 PM.

Comment

A new pvp server *cough* east *cough* would be a lovely change of pace...but given the massive time gap since the last one was released, not gonna hold my breath x.x
              There will be no tomorrow should we fail to use the lessons of the past to survive today.

Crystal Saga
              IGN: Codawg
              Server: Celestial Haven
              Guild: BrimStone
              Class: Beastmaster
              Random Stats: Weak. I'm weak, ok?
              Wife: PinkPretty (she's not nice )
              Level: Somewhere between noob and legend v-v

Comment

As refreshing as a new PvP server would be, it wouldn't clear the woods unless the team decided on releasing more servers to follow. Else the single new server would eventually end up merging into our current PvP blocks, and boom -- OP wipeout.

Comment

The real reasons R2Games will not release a new PVP server are that, if a new PVP server was released then pretty much 90% of players from all the servers, old PVP and old PVE and the newer server of PVE would flock to the new PVP server. Therefore by releasing a new PVP server R2Games would kill all of its older Crystal Saga servers - (more so than what they are now).

By releasing PVE servers it reduces the amount of forum rants, ticket complaints, in-game server hate (drama), keeps the vast majority of players happy and makes R2Games income.

Put it into perspective, why do something that will only make R2Games lose money? That is exactly how they see it. And, it really does not matter how many want it, or how many say they will cash on a PVP server, it will NOT happen based on the above reasons.
                  Last edited by maestropain; 06-05-2015, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by maestropain View Post
                    The real reasons R2Games will not release a new PVP server are that, if a new PVP server was released then pretty much 90% of players from all the servers, old PVP and old PVE and the newer server of PVE would flock to the new PVP server. Therefore by releasing a new PVP server R2Games would kill all of its older Crystal Saga servers - (more so than what they are now).
                    This theory actually has no backing to it. 90% of players from our current PvP blocks would not "flock" to a newly released PvP server. The reason being is that many of the remaining players there are veterans who have invested far too much time (and money) into their current toons. It'd be a little redundant for year(s)-old players to hop from an old server to a new one, no? The same goes for old players who've diligently built their toons on older PvE servers -- one does not simply migrate to a new server for the sake of it being new.

That goes without saying that there undoubtedly is a handful of players on today's new servers that certainly do partake in the server-hopping trend, usually a result of that 'maybe I can be the strongest in the next server' mentality.

If the operations team was really concerned about killing off the population in one server, we wouldn't see so many PvE servers released, yes? Seeing that a new server is launched just about every month disproves any actual concern for diluting the player base in each preceding server.

Even with the constancy of new servers, they are necessary. I'll leave that point at that.
                    Last edited by Reverie; 06-05-2015, 12:32 PM.

Comment

If you say so
                      Last edited by maestropain; 06-05-2015, 12:41 PM.

Comment

The reason the PVP players have spent so much time on the older servers (PVE too) is that most of them want a new PVP server
                        Players do not spend time (and money) on their toon(s) as a result of wanting a new server. They end up spending that much time on their toon for competitive reasons. We're going to use PvE servers as an example: veteran players stay on their old servers, they spend more time there, and even continue occasionally cashing there because it's where their toon has made a home. Said players most certainly do not migrate to new servers as they are launched.

And, Reverie, we both know that, compared to when the last PVP server was released that the player base has drastically reduced.
                        This is common knowledge. CS is R2's old grey man. It's prime has long since passed.
                        Last edited by Reverie; 06-05-2015, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Stalker! You was so watching it while I was editing it wasn't you xD

Comment

And what if I was; I enjoyed it.

No jk. I really wasn't. =_=

Comment

Yeah, better not release any new PvP servers if they won't release a bunch after releasing one.
                              Red is the new Green.

Comment

Working...
                              X