• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New PvP Server

so when pvp servers come up?
    (J2)silvu Eidolon priest
    guild (J1)Titans
    lvl 88 Eidolon Priest

Unfortunately, it is highly unlikely that a new PvP server will ever be released.

Comment

Hi Reverie, may i ask why this is the case?

(I haven't played in 4 years so please excuse my ignorance)

Comment

Originally posted by R22691597 View Post

From what I have been told and understand, it is because players on PvP servers [here] get upset when they are PK'd/KoS'd and what have you. This leads to complaints about harassment and such, when the setting in itself is part of gameplay. To eliminate such incidents entirely, R2 stopped releasing PvP servers.

Comment

Originally posted by Reverie View Post
          From what I have been told and understand, it is because players on PvP servers [here] get upset when they are PK'd/KoS'd and what have you. This leads to complaints about harassment and such, when the setting in itself is part of gameplay. To eliminate such incidents entirely, R2 stopped releasing PvP servers.
          this in itself is not a good enough reason because on pve servers the strongest people still run the events that are pvp and targeting and kos still happens

Comment

Originally posted by Disguy View Post
            this in itself is not a good enough reason because on pve servers the strongest people still run the events that are pvp and targeting and kos still happens
            Inside sanctioned grounds, of course. Eliminating new releases of PvP servers is not intended to close the power gap between the strong and the weak. Naturally, the stronger toons have the upper hand in every event, as is the game's directive. What it eliminates are the complaints about being killed on open maps.
            Last edited by Reverie; 06-14-2017, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by R22691597 View Post

Lol if you were here 4 years ago, don't u remember all the kos drama everyday on pvp servers, back when it was populated ofc. Even though 99.9% of the time, nobody would actually stalk and hide in the shadows of every instance trying to find and kill your a$$. having a kos(kill on sight) list was usually just a bluff and was just a scaring tactic which scared players into complaining about it on forums and such. That's why I see the kos perspective of pvp servers to be stupid af because regardless of what server you're on, you can still spawn kill in sengolia without breaking ToS or CS rules.

Comment

see thats what i was saying just becaues it is pvp doesn't mean a kos spam killing happens in open world maps. It has different Ls and people will learn how to get around the person hunting them.

But when it comes to events that give rewards and you are locked in this sanctioned grounds as reverie called it and at the mercy of the person who wants to bully you in order for you to get some kinda reward

Comment

But when it comes to events that give rewards and you are locked in this sanctioned grounds as reverie called it and at the mercy of the person who wants to bully you in order for you to get some kinda reward
                  Which brings out the pay-to-win aspect that r2 loves lol

Comment

see thats what i was saying just becaues it is pvp doesn't mean a kos spam killing happens in open world maps. It has different Ls and people will learn how to get around the person hunting them.
                    The fact of the matter is that it did very much happen a long time ago, which led R2 to their current stance on PvP servers.

It isn't "bullying" when it is labeled a PvP event with an end goal (obtaining rewards). Both the strong and the weak alike seek rewards, but CS is not a game of equality. It is ultimately survival of the fittest.

Comment

Soo...people complained about being killed on PVP servers when they coulda just gone to a PVE server instead?...

I found the PVP aspect kinda fun when I played on S57...
                      IGN: (CS1) (S80)Tannlaus LV178 Eidolon Rogue
                      Prom I wings... so expensive... especially if you keep forgettin corrupt :D
                      Kamikaze Member
                      Somany systems...so little time...
                      If you wanna know why I went with a Rogue well... Stealth is good for lurking in chat while still runnin through SG :cool:

Comment

Working...
                      X