Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Improving Sengolia V2

IMPORTANT:
    - All these ideas are designed to work as a whole. Taken individually, they could cause more problems than they solve.
    - I encourage constructive criticism in order for the community to help me refine these ideas.
    - All numbers presented in this thread are arbitrary, and serve only to present a concept.

Sengolia is unbalanced, and as a result, it is largely unenjoyable. Teams almost always have no balance in power between teams due to a weak sorting system. If the unbalance is severe enough, the weaker team can easily fall victim to spawn camping. Lower level players are vaporized by the majority of Scions and Eidolons. Crystal respawn is used to push a win that wasn't deserved. Alts are brought in to sit around and farm honor and badges. This adds to the power unbalance. Sengolia is not a battleground, it's a 3 minute excuse to get some exp, honor, and some badges.

There are many ways to improve Sengolia so that it is balanced, fair and most important of all, fun.
    These are my thoughts:

a. Level/Plane Brackets
    Without level and plane brackets less developed players get caught up in battles they cannot win, even with the balancer buff.
    I suggest brackets that follow a similar order to this:

Instance 1: Mortals....30-79
    Instance 2: Mortals....80-100
    Instance 3: Scions.....30-79
    Instance 4: Scions.....80-100
    Instance 5: Eidolons...30-79
    Instance 6: Eidolons...80-100

This would increase balance drastically and give lower level players an easier learning curve.

b. PvE Difficulty
    As players increase in power, the Sengolia PvE (towers and crystal) HP and damage remains constant. This has lead to sessions that last a few minutes.
    I recommend that in addition to level/plane brackets we add scaling difficulty.

Example:
    Instance 1: Mortals....30-79..... 1x HP/dmg
    Instance 2: Mortals....80-100... 2x HP/dmg
    Instance 3: Scions.....30-79..... 3x HP/dmg
    Instance 4: Scions.....80-100... 6X HP/dmg
    Instance 5: Eidolons...30-79..... 5x HP/dmg
    Instance 6: Eidolons...80-100... 10x HP/dmg

c. Balanced Team Assignment (Toggle)
    An easy fix to the current system would be a toggle system.
    Each successive person to join would be placed on each team in an alternating pattern. Spirit, Demon, Spirit, Demon etc.

d. Balanced Team Assignment (Lobby)
    A more complex, effective, but ultimately harder to implement system, would be to have a lobby. In this lobby players would be organized into their respective teams based on power to create a greater balance.

e. Disabling Crystal Revive
    Highly developed crystal spending players have the ability to push a win by using crystal revives at the crystal.
    Even when severely outnumbered these undying characters force a win, all because they have a thick wallet.
    Events should be immune to game-breaking situations such as this one.
    That is why I propose that crystal reviving be disabled during Sengolia.

f. Respawn Invincibility Buff
    Spawn camping takes all the competition out of a PvP event.
    The healing period during respawn lasts 10 seconds, and during this time players are still able to take damage. Because of this spawn camping is possible.
    I propose a 12 second invincibility buff to accompany the healing buffs. The 2 second extension is to allow players to deal people that will still try to pick players off when the buffs end.

Edit: Another way to solve this problem would be to implement "safe zones", such as the ones in Guild Resource.

g. Full Debuff
    Elixers and Goddess buffs add an unfair advantage to a select few. This will alter the power balance. A full debuff upon entering PvP areas is an easy solution. You can buff once inside the PvP area.

h. Kill Assists
    Having kills stolen is a frustrating experience.
    My suggestion is to allow points to be awarded to players in an assisted kill. This would ease the frustration greatly.

i. Improved Competition / Alts And AFK
    Competition in Seng has all but ceased. A simple fix to this would be to reward the active and not the inactive. A great side effect of this system is that it takes away the incentive to use alts by taking away mandatory rewards.
    I propose a point based reward system that would be organized similarly to this:

Assisted Kill = 2 points
    Kill............ = 5 points
    Tower Kill... = 10 points
    (points cap at 200)

Every 40 points gained will yield rewards:
    40, 80, 120, 160, 200 points = 5 bronze, 1 silver, 30 honor
    (total 5 silver, 25 bronze, 150 honor)

The winning team will have their individual rewards doubled, the losing team gains normal rewards. This will encourage competition.
    (I also believe honor rewarded by killing people should have a cap of 200)

special thanks to R22887458 for this idea

j. Team Chat
    For Sengolia to become truly competitive I believe that a proper means of communication is necessary.
    I suggest that each team have a dedicated chat.
    The ability to organize strategies would change the dynamic of Sengolia, adding an entirely new layer of complexity and potential enjoyment to the event.

Notes:
    - You can pick more than one suggestion on the poll
    - Transcription error in poll. "Level/Plane Brackets And PvE Difficulty" is supposed to read "Level/Plane Brackets".
    - Edited "f. Respawn Invincibility Buff" to include safe zones
    a. Level/Plane Brackets And PvE Difficulty
    11.19%
    b. PvE Difficulty
    7.46%
    c. Balanced Team Assignment (Toggle)
    12.69%
    d. Balanced Team Assignment (Lobby)
    6.72%
    e. Disabling Crystal Revive
    14.18%
    11.19%
    g. Full Debuff
    2.99%
    h. Kill Assists
    11.19%
    i. Improved Competition / Alts And AFK
    6.72%
    j. Team Chat
    15.67%
    Last edited by Doragontenma; 10-15-2012, 05:00 PM.
    Server: (S4)Wilterlands
    Class: Rogue
    Level: 120
    Plane: Eidolon

Threads:

This will be a very good read once I get out off of work.
    Lil by lil my signature will become better.

Ign: Sai
    Level: 130
    Honor: Emperor
    Server: (S31)TreeOfLife
    Guild: Rebels
    Pet: DemonKing

Comment

Disagree with the Goddess blessing removal. Many players worked hard or cashed for those blessings, and they should not be removed, you can always buy Blessing from other players aswell. And balance is a issue for sure, but players who spend money/time making there character better SHOULD get some advantage, not to the extent it is now. But you should recieve some.

Comment

very good dora voted hope some of this is implemented
        (S4)FullEnd2

(s4)Exorcist

LVL 59

Comment

i think the invicibility should be 20 seconds because jeez everone spwn kills *looks at rouges* and i always die

Comment

increase the defense or balance the hit point of a attacker player in the crystal.
            i experience that some strong individual deciding the faith of the game (a oneman team, not team work in destroying crystal).

even we win i only have 1 silver badge because of some individual can take out crystal in 2minsn and using revive on the spot.
            Last edited by allcode17; 10-14-2012, 06:42 PM.
            [VIP3]♀ANPAN!!!!!!

Comment

agree with everything but debuffing hugs BFF

In Game Name: PriestKayla
              Server: (S4) The Wilterlands
              Class: Priest
              Level: 173
              Guild: S3 Legends

Comment

I agree with everything!

Comment

No thanks, i want to see the whole spawn area made into a safe zone so they cant spawn kill at all.

Comment

Adding a buff is easier to implement than a safe zone. My suggestions are based on systems that are already in the game.

Threads:

Comment

Originally posted by Doragontenma View Post
                      Adding a buff is easier to implement than a safe zone. My suggestions are based on systems that are already in the game.
                      GRBG has safe zones at the teleporters. So it's already a system that exists in the game.

Comment

Good point. I haven't done Guild Resource in quite some time, and forgot about the safe zones.
                        Last edited by Doragontenma; 10-15-2012, 09:38 PM.

Threads:

Comment

Splitting the teams would mean a LOT less people in instance. In most cases this will ruin the battle grounds. The best thing that can be done is a respawn buff or a safe zone, or better yet, better balancing buffs.
                          â™”
                          Vampire Prince
                          • Server: Aurora Point
                          • Character: Alexmancerx
                          • Class: Priest (Blood/Hybrid)
                          • Level: Eidolon 120
                          • Guild: TheWanted
                          • Pet: Dark Reaper (currently breeding ftw!)

Comment

Guild resoures have safezones at the teleporter! O_O, how big is the radius...

Comment

Working...
                            X