Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by speeds16 View Post
    Despite my love for Soul-upgrading: NO

Currently the more powerful players already get more soulshards a day. With these quests permanently you get the higher levels an advance of over 40 soulshards a day Vs. the perhaps 7 for the lower levels. Too big of a gap, screw all balancing and you might as well remove the soulshard-forging limit while you're at it.

Again, no disrespect or anything, it was a sweet event, but making this a permanent feature will ruin all gameplay for the newer players to whine even more about "you so op'd" and trying to get Sengolia and plunderers to get their own instance to fight in.
    Whole point of this would be to help combat the seriously insane values higher level nodes cost and to help everyone further progress in the game so they can see more of it, cashers are already the only people who can reasonably upgrade the higher lvl nodes resulting in the huge gaps of power that are apparent in almost every server. Also as i stated below i'm fine if the values for the quests would get shifted, a cap could also be put in place to prevent any major gaps between the SS Jimmy is getting per day and the SS Steve is getting per day because Jimmy can get to lvl 50+ in ladder daily(for example 5 SS cap, 10 SS cap, exc...) There will always be a gap between people who can get higher in ladder and those who can't because every 10 levels gives one more SS(10, 20, 30, 40, 59, 60); making ladder quests perm would help everyone further progress thier souls without having to wait 13+ days to upgrade a higher level node.
    Originally posted by B3lle View Post
    My suggestion to help combat this, and increase the rate of soul progression is for R2 make either one of the Ladder Quests events posted below permanent (even if the values get shifted slightly or a cap is put in place.)
    Say for example, that there was a 5 SS reward for defeating lvl 30, and another 5 SS reward for defeating lvl 40, and after that every 10 levels you killed still gave the 1 SS bonus but there would stop being a 5 SS reward for killing "XX" level. This makes everyone progress further right? Also that 1-2 SS gap between Jimmy and Steve effects the game less than if it wasnt implemented, and everyone progresses further faster casher and non-casher alike.
    Last edited by B3lle; 06-21-2012, 03:40 PM.
    Lvl: Eidolon 120
    IGN: (S18)Belle
    Guild: Crystalâ„¢
    Server: Shrine of Kithar/The Void/Lycanmarsh/Celestial Peaks/Tyria Village/Angel Island/Celestial Palace ~ Merged
    -Non Casher-

Comment

wow belle..u have my support.this is a carefully laid out thread..i Give u full support

-Shadowbow

Comment

the idea of cahser being stronger cause of their soul is the only way gms have to keep the players paying for the game. for example a casher has 1000 soul development cause he/she can pay for the fun of it thus his money really give him an advantage in the game over those that didnt pay any money to get stronger and only base their development on their efforts alone in game events. if the events are made permanent like u suggested would help those that can already reach higher lvls>> meaning those who have already higher soul development than others so meaning they already are stronger than those that cant reach the lvls u can, so for everyday u will be getting stronger and stronger while others will become weaker and weaker in the end its oneway for those who can reach higher lvls. dont forget that when u get 10ss a day others get 6-9 shards cause they cant get tot he same lvl that ur team can, if u calculate the difference u suggest that u need 13+day for 1 soul upgrade u really want instead of 10lower lvls the other players will need 15-22days for the same upgrade u will have 2 days earlier. in real life 2 days is a long time to give u the upper hand since the higher lvls of soul give almost twice the increase lvl6 or 7 gives

Comment

I edited your post to what i thought you were trying to actually say, i didnt understand it how you worded it.
          Originally posted by inhale View Post
          The idea of cashers being stronger because of their Soul is how GMs keep the players paying for the game. For example a casher has 1000+ soul development giving cashers an advantage in the game over those that only base their development on their efforts alone in game events. If the events are made permanent like you suggested, it would only help those that can already reach higher lvls. Meaning those who have higher soul development than others are stronger than those who cant reach the lvls your party can, so everyday your party will get stronger and stronger while other players will get weaker and weaker. In the end its only for those who can reach higher lvls, dont forget that when u get 10 SS a day others can only get 6-9 SS daily because they cant get to the same lvl your team can. If u calculate the difference you suggest that you need 13+ days for 1 soul upgrade you actually want instead of getting 10 lower lvl upgrades to get more progression, the other players will need 15-22 days for the same upgrade you will have 2 days earlier. In real life 2 days is a long time to give u the upper hand since the higher lvls of soul give almost twice the increase lvl 6 or 7 gives.
          This post is almost the exact same as speed16's post so please read the reply i gave to him, attempting not to inflate the thread's length explaining the same thing.
          Lvl: Eidolon 120
          IGN: (S18)Belle
          Guild: Crystalâ„¢
          Server: Shrine of Kithar/The Void/Lycanmarsh/Celestial Peaks/Tyria Village/Angel Island/Celestial Palace ~ Merged
          -Non Casher-

Comment

im agree also

Comment

great idea thx for putting it out there

Comment

256 SS for one upgrade O.O fully support this suggestion

Comment

Originally posted by Raynethx View Post
                  but then this skills chart can be used to make different classes of characters mage+knight=paladin that would make Crystal saga more unique
                  just so you know a paladin is a knight that can heal not drop a meteor on someones head lol
                  so its knight+priest = paladin
                  knight + mage = dark knight

Comment

Originally posted by WaterWings View Post
                    just so you know a paladin is a knight that can heal not drop a meteor on someones head lol
                    so its knight+priest = paladin
                    knight + mage = dark knight
                    yes that is what i mean't thank you for correcting me
                    "You don't need a reason to help people" {Zidane Tribal**

"Being mindfull and virtuous is for the greater good"

"My Pen mightier than the sword conquering every word"

"Like the light that lights up the world I step once more back into the shadows of the night"

"The real truth?, theres more to it than you think"

My Devianart Page ;)

Rayleonheart Leon Lv 42
                    Class:Dps
                    Honour:Count
                    Server:Starglade
                    Guild: Blackwings

Comment

I wouldn't mind seeing more soul shards become obtainable daily. Kinda at a standstill currently with my soul (not playing hasn't helped...). Paladin...hrm..guess you could kinda call a rebirth knight one since they can get the vampire skill and sword of the spring...but eh.
                      There will be no tomorrow should we fail to use the lessons of the past to survive today.

Crystal Saga
                      IGN: Codawg
                      Server: Celestial Haven
                      Guild: BrimStone
                      Class: Beastmaster
                      Random Stats: Weak. I'm weak, ok?
                      Wife: PinkPretty (she's not nice )
                      Level: Somewhere between noob and legend v-v

Comment

sword of spring never really helped me that much :/
                        "You don't need a reason to help people" {Zidane Tribal**

"Being mindfull and virtuous is for the greater good"

"My Pen mightier than the sword conquering every word"

"Like the light that lights up the world I step once more back into the shadows of the night"

"The real truth?, theres more to it than you think"

My Devianart Page ;)

Rayleonheart Leon Lv 42
                        Class:Dps
                        Honour:Count
                        Server:Starglade
                        Guild: Blackwings

Comment

Did for me...well improved did. Made Blood Coliseum a solo job once I got it. I miss those puris ;-;
                          There will be no tomorrow should we fail to use the lessons of the past to survive today.

Crystal Saga
                          IGN: Codawg
                          Server: Celestial Haven
                          Guild: BrimStone
                          Class: Beastmaster
                          Random Stats: Weak. I'm weak, ok?
                          Wife: PinkPretty (she's not nice )
                          Level: Somewhere between noob and legend v-v

Comment

quit crying and work for ur shards like everyone else

Comment

lmao :OOOO
                              Server: Shrine of Kithar
                              IGN: Fiend
                              Priest Level 120 Eidolon <3 Guild Name: HAVEN Rank: Emperor~
                              Weakest Healer Nyahahaha.
                              [WHYSOSERIOUS?]

Don’t expect to get anything back, don’t expect recognition for your efforts, don’t expect your genius to be discovered or your love to be understood. Act because you need to act.

Comment

Working...
                              X