Masquerade Nocturne [Event Suggestion]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Masquerade Nocturne [Event Suggestion]

The Grand Masquerade Nocturne is held but once a year. Hosted by the Starglade University of Theatrical Arts, this elegant event has marked the calendars of many upper-class of Starglade, but for the first time ever the University has extended public invitation to the brave warriors that have been working so hard to rid Vidalia of the evil undead.

Costumes:
    • Multiple masks depicting elements, the celestial beasts (Genbu, Byakko, Suzaku, Seiryu), representing goddesses, or even special masks based on your class.
    • Ballroom Suit/Dress

Masks can be available to purchase from the item mall with no expiration, but an event-only one that expires at the end of the event might be available at the Quartermaster. You can't go around a Masquerade without a mask now, can you?

Special Event Activities!
    • Mystery At the Masquerade
    • An Honorable Duel
    • The King's Mask
    • Elegant Feast
    • Vidalia Quiz

Starglade could be decorated! A nightime backdrop, candles, the area near the vault could become a dance floor, streamers, roses or other flowers could line houses and street lamps, etc.

-------------------------------

Mystery At the Masquerade

The Masquerade is usually a time for fun, but this year something sinister has happened! There has been a murder in Starglade! With the introduction of 3-5 special event NPCs, all of which are upper-class Eilites attending the Masquerade, players are given a quest chain in order to discover who committed this heinous crime!

General Krahn is leading the investigation to find the killer and assigns you quests in order to help unravel the mystery and put the killer behind bars! Quests can include different types of clue finding: talk to NPCs at Starglade to receive Clue Type 1, after talking to all NPCs, double click on the item to receive Evidence Type A and turn in to General Krahn, and another type of clue hunting where you kill monsters for Clue Type 2, 50 of which can by fused to form Evidence Type B and also turned in to General Krahn. NPCs in Starglade will also have the option to tell you gossip about each of the event NPCs. These pieces of gossip will be your actual clues to help you decide who you think was the killer.

At the end of this quest line you are prompted to guess which of the event NPCs was the killer and are given a title (like the basketball ones). Once the event is over the killer will be announced and players with the title of the killer will receive a prize.

Titles can be something like:
    • Name did it!
    • The killer was Name!
    • Name is a Murderer!
    • Name killed Name!
    • Bet you it was Name!

----------------------------

An Honorable Duel

An honorable duel! During the Masquerade, it is custom to fight in duels of skill! At a specific time, a special dueling arena is open and upon entering you will be randomly paired with someone to fight until someone reaches 10% health. Then the duel will end and you will be paired with someone else. This event will last half an hour. Some conditions may be negating stats from wings, mount, gems, sperion, etc. Also, a buff similar to the one from Sengolia or Crystal Ladder can be added to try to balance things. The honorable duel is a duel based on your skill and not your items!

---------------------------

The King's Mask

Just before the Masquerade, the king's mask was broken and pieces of it were scattered throughout Vidalia! Defeat level 30+ monsters for a chance to receive Mask Shards. Turn in the broken mask shards x50 to receive special prizes! Can be done 1-3 times daily.

------------------

Elegant Feast

During this part of the event a number of tables appear in starglade hourly or every 2-4 hours.

Click on the tables to receive:
    • A random Elixer
    • Special Event Items
    • Event Food(giving buffs that add to attack, move speed, or attack/cast speed, etc. can be based on what type of food received or be given randomly. If it is by food then main course, dessert, or other food types will be the item names)
    • Other Goodies

----------

Vidalia Quiz!

Go to Natalie (the NPC in Starglade that does the Starglade Exams) and select to take the Quiz. You will be asked 10-20 questions about Vidalia from a random set of 50+ possible question. When you answer a question right, you go on to the next question. If you answer it wrong, you can't continue. The more questions you answer correctly the better your reward. For example, if you answer 5+ questions before you answer incorrectly you receive an item (or items) fitting to how many you answered right. If you answer 10+ questions correctly there's a different set of rewards and so on getting better the more you answer correctly. You can only take this Quiz once per day.
    â™”
    Vampire Prince
    • Server: Aurora Point
    • Character: Alexmancerx
    • Class: Priest (Blood/Hybrid)
    • Level: Eidolon 120
    • Guild: TheWanted
    • Pet: Dark Reaper (currently breeding ftw!)

My son. You have done well.
    The King doesn't fall so easily boys

Comment

This has got to be the best suggestion I've seen in a long time. I love every part of it.
      New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

Love it! Very creative and could easily be done around Carnival, for example - basically you did the work of the CS event team for them :P
        IGN: Sigrun
        Server: Windshear Peaks
        [Eidolon]lvl 120 Hybrid Mage
        [Eidolon]lvl 120 Hybrid Priest alt: Saeunn
        Proud owner of an [Eidolon]lvl 120 husband, parallel parked outside

Wartune Temple of Ibalize
        Sigrun
        Mage lvl 38

Comment

Once again Alex, you surpass yourself with another brilliant suggestion! Now...let's hope it gets used ;-;
          There will be no tomorrow should we fail to use the lessons of the past to survive today.

Crystal Saga
          IGN: Codawg
          Server: Celestial Haven
          Guild: BrimStone
          Class: Beastmaster
          Random Stats: Weak. I'm weak, ok?
          Wife: PinkPretty (she's not nice )
          Level: Somewhere between noob and legend v-v

Comment

I like this Lets hope someone pays attn and implements this.

Server: Amethyst Forest
            Class:Eidolon Hybrid Priest
            Guild: Sanctuary
            Name: Miroku
            Husband: Codawg

Comment

+1. I like this idea.
              The one and only Krysia from Sea of dreams (Thank god for that; one of me is too many!)

Comment

I think that I love everything about this event...
                Great job!
                Server: (S39) Erie Marsh
                Character: Jessie
                Class: Priest
                Level: 106+
                Plane Eidolon
                Guild DarkCrusade

“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”

Comment

Originally posted by Sigrun View Post
                  Love it! Very creative and could easily be done around Carnival, for example - basically you did the work of the CS event team for them :P
                  I was actually considering a Carnival event idea. xD

Thanks everyone. ^^ Took me a while to write all this up... @.@
                  â™”
                  Vampire Prince

Comment

*hands Alex a poptart* [:::] Now, get to work on the Christmas in July special event >_>
                    There will be no tomorrow should we fail to use the lessons of the past to survive today.

Crystal Saga

Comment

Is it pumpkin-flavored? If so, I will get right to work!

SANDY CLAWS! Wait... hmmm We can't have THAT kind of Christmas here... lol
                      â™”
                      Vampire Prince

Comment

Sure we can Alex >_> anything goes when you can imagine it v_v psh, it is any flavor you desire, even roast duck.

Crystal Saga

Comment

Roast... duck... flavored? IS THAT A REAL FLAVOR?? I'd try it actually. That sounds really weird and interesting at the same time! I actually tried a toaster pastry recently that had sausage, egg and cheese in it and was quite happy with it (even though toaster pastries are generally sweet).

As far as events go, if I were to be writing them, it seems a large number of them would be rather dark in nature. My imagination might be interesting and I may be able to produce lots of fun-sounding things, I can't make everything dark and gothic! Though I guess this idea didn't actually come out that way -- my 'Carnival' idea that I mentioned earlier was 'Midnight Carnival', or so I had dubbed it. That would have been a lot of fun too. Maybe I will do a write-up for that at some point. xD
                          â™”
                          Vampire Prince

Comment

Please do lol. Not everything has to be dark, but we can't help how the mind works v_v breakfast pastry....sounds good lol.

Crystal Saga

Comment

Yeah, I know, can't help it. It just tends to happen that way. haha

And yes, delicious breakfast pastry!
                              â™”
                              Vampire Prince

Comment

Working...
                              X