Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Change The Earth Package to gold instead of crystal or make it more balanced.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change The Earth Package to gold instead of crystal or make it more balanced.

Honestly, if we used gold (ingame currency) to open these package, it be a lot better in the long run.

The first pack "Earth soul pack" requires 10 crystal (10 cents) to open with a chance of getting 10, 20, or 50 orbs. It seems ok, but the amount is too small to actually wanna spend 10 crys for a small amount of orbs. Maybe if spending 10g it be more worth opening them.

The second pack "epic earth soul pack" requires 100 crystals (1 US dollar) to open with either 100, 200, or 500. This one is about as good as the cash shop packs but if you get the 100 orbs, you actually wasted 10 crystals you could have spent on the cash shop one. It might be better to like spend maybe 50g to open a pack like this.

The third pack "Virtuoso earth soul pack" is probably one with the highest risk of loss of money. It takes 1000 crys (10 US dollars) to open. the worst part is that you get the 500 orb package, you are at over a 5 dollar loss compared to the epic, and the 1000 orbs puts you at a lot less of a loss. the only way to come out ahead is get the earth scroll for 10,000 orbs. This pretty much makes this the worst package to open. This would be more worth opening if it costed 1 D/P to open.

Why make these cost gold to open?
    -Well for one it give non-cash players a means to open them.
    -It provides a very strong and long lasting gold sink. We got some players in game with over 200 D/P. We really need a good gold sink to fix that.
    -it makes these items more useful. No one likes a useless item.

This is the Earth orb pack found in the "Cash Shop"

The problem with this pack is the cost effectiveness in comparison to the other packs.
    -The earth soul pack uses 10 crys to open. 2 of these packs paying out in 50 orbs is = to the orb pack and is 70 crys cheaper. Among the worst out come is opening ten of these packs at 10 crys each and getting 10 orbs every time. an extra 10 crys spent.
    -now the epic packs are 100 crys to open, but you got a 2/3 chance of getting more orbs then what the Cash Shop variant pays out, with the 100 orbs being a 10 crys loss.
    -The virtuoso is the one that is likely to get out shined by the cash shop packs. A 1/3 chance of getting something better then buying just regular orb packs. Getting the 500 orbs would result in a loss of 550 crys since 5 Earth orb packs are 450 crys. and the 1000 orbs would result in 100 crys lost at the purchase of 10 packs costing 900 crys.

Over all opening the earth soul pack for 10 crys a piece can actually provide more orbs and a lot cheaper given over a longer period of time as compared to other packs.

Honestly, this is a good reason to start trying to balance this part of the sperion system out. But changing it to gold to open these packs would probably be better since the game is in dire need of a gold sink

Let out your rage on level 30 trading ---^

i don't believe these should be allowed to be opened with gold...but i wouldn't mind it either. not everyone can solo these dungeons and doing it with a team makes the gain for orbs very low. issue is making these able to be opened with gold would make them worthless to sell as soul prints are the hardest to collect to raise sperion once it takes like 40+ of them. i think it would be better if the first two could be opened with gold, but the last one should cost 500xtal to open. i only suggest 500 xtal because that reduces the loss from bad luck, and i have no clue what the rate is for getting the scroll in the first place. the 1k xtal pack has not sold at all on my server so its basically trash for me.
    Crystal Saga:
    Server: Aquatic Crypts
    Name: (S15)Sidoh
    Class: Knight
    Plane: Eidolon
    Level: 100

Lunaria:
    Server:Server: S87 Key Grove and S58 Drays Keep
    Name: [S87]Kenshin/[S58]SweetnSour
    Class: Swordman/Elementalist
    Level: 5x/6x

Comment