Preventing Items being sold to NPC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preventing Items being sold to NPC

here's how R2 could fix the issue of items accidentally sold to NPC with 1 window and 1 option from any NPC of their choosing,

Visit NPC (how about we use the ********** in Starglade) - Selection option: I have invaluable items.
    A window opens with 1 to 10 item slots, "Place items in window to remove their price value - NPC's will no longer buy these items, and click OK"
    Click OK
    Confirmation window pops up "This change cannot be reversed. Do you really want to remove the price value from these items?"
    Click no/cancel - window closes, nothing happens.
    Click yes and the "Unit Price:" field is not just cleared to zero - the "Unit Price:" field is removed entirely from the items in the window.
    Without a "Unit Price:" field on the item - the NPC will not buy it (i.e. just like a Health Orb etc)

done - no muss, no fuss, players can now preventatively make any of their equipment to be unbuyable by an NPC.
    You could restrict this option to equipment only, but hey that's your choice, I'm just saying that this is the most simple way to implement something that EVERYBODY, R2 owners, Developers, Customer Support and especially players could benefit from.

Yes, stuff could be still be accidently sold if the players never update the item, but now it becomes a reasonable denial - they had an opportunity and method to prevent an accidental sale.

(moderators - merge this whereever you want to put it, but PLEASE, take this to the R2 developers) this is so reasonable...
Working...
X