Server merge identifying

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server merge identifying

Understandably when there is a server merge, there may be name conflicts so they use the S# tag to identify. Unfortunately on my server there is a S# vs S# issue going on and even some players have quit over it which is sad and I hate to see this happen to people. I'm hoping to throw the idea out there to perhaps untag anyone who does not have a name conflict(2 players from different servers with same name). The issue is player base and not a technical issue, but it might help newer players like me who may have just joined from also being labeled based on that kind of stuff.

I know it seems petty, but it might go a long way for the psychological aspect of the players to not assume everyone from S# is associated since they have no option to get rid of that tag. One can leave a guild because of labeling issues...but one would have to leave a server to get rid of this one.

Anyways sorry if my grammar is ****, but I hope it's readable.
    Last edited by R2439317; 06-23-2012, 05:33 AM. Reason: censoring

As annoying as server markers are, they are necessary. Two players with the same name, two guilds with the same name, cannot exist in the same place (on the merged servers) at the same time. One account or guild would be overwritten and lost by the other account/guild of the same name. Not to mention, if there was a way to preserve each account/guild from such a thing happening, people will create the same character name/guild name on another server as a way to harass/scam other players. Then there is whispering, party/guild invites, ignoring, and so on- none of which would be possible as the system would not know which person to send such requests for. That is why there are server markers in front of names.
    New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

Working...
    X