Idea for Solution to DC in Ladder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idea for Solution to DC in Ladder

So we all hate that when you DC in ladder you end up removed from the ladder and a wasted run.
    I figure the reason for this is each level is like a separate dungeon and if your party left without you then your out of luck.
    So the idea is to make like 5 rooms per area. So once you goto first npc it would transport you to second room,
    much like in tamalan arena transports you to the battle area. If there were 5 rooms per area then the odds of
    you getting removed from ladder if you DC would be less. It would only occur if you dc between the load of every 6th level.
    I know this requires lots of programming changes but its a potential solution, cause it seems lots of people DC in ladder now.

If you go with a reliable party then they will give you some time to reconnect before moving to a new floor... then it wont matter that you DCed...
    Server: (S39) Erie Marsh
    Character: Jessie
    Class: Priest
    Level: 106+
    Plane Eidolon
    Guild DarkCrusade

“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”

Comment

of course they wait for the priest lol

I dont have d/c issues, but so many parties go so fast that if you blink you missed the whole level.
      I'm just trying to help come up with solutions to common problems that people have

Comment

Originally posted by JessieAileen View Post
        If you go with a reliable party then they will give you some time to reconnect before moving to a new floor... then it wont matter that you DCed...
        Unless you DC while you all agree to move ahead. Let's say everyone is loaded and you're all going to the teleporter, and one DCs while going in - gone. That's it. It doesn't matter if they waited before and things like that do happen.

Having a designated "last person" who only moves ahead if everyone else is in somewhat solves the problem, but if it's a hard level they might have no choice but to move ahead if the person who DCd on the way just isn't coming back and they don't want the party to wipe.
        (S14)Squintina
        LVL 140 eidolon hybrid holy-focus priest

(S14)Bluespark
        LVL 55 eidolon ice mage

Guides

Comment

I agree with the DC between rooms. That has only happened to me once.

I have only DC in the ladder three times since I started playing so I doubt it has anything to do with them waiting for the priest. I know you meant it as a joke and I liked it. It made me chuckle.

I know that I have a perm party, and we have waited for a long time because one of our party DC and then had to restart their computer. I guess that we just look at the fact that we can chill in ladder and it is not going to hurt anything too much, and everyone in our party needs the ladder for exp and for RB quest and whatnot, so we would rather wait so no one misses out. Just how we are. Perm parties are the way to go with good people that are good to you and to everyone in your party.
          Server: (S39) Erie Marsh
          Character: Jessie
          Class: Priest
          Level: 106+
          Plane Eidolon
          Guild DarkCrusade

“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”

Comment

Working...
          X