This whole comapny needs to change!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This whole comapny needs to change!

Okay R2, it's time someone said this to you because otherwise you're going to end up losing all your player base and inevitably being forced to shut down! Now, this is based solely on my own opinion and I encourage other players to chime in with their own comments and concerns! Let's start with the biggest issue plaguing the whole of R2, you have become WAY TOO money hungry. One of the biggest issues your company has is that you have forgotten your players and started seeing them as "dollar signs" and this is a bad business model for any company. If you wish to know why, it's simple, gamers nowadays are not as ignorant as they were in the past, and as such they know you are seeing them as "dollar signs". This create a major problem for your bottom line. You want to know why your games are dying? It has nothing to do with the age of the game, it is the fact that you refuse to listen to your players and have opted for milking every last dollar you can out of your games until your game ends up losing all it's players. For example, I can guarantee that you saw major drop in players when after you had added the drops to the 150 area in Crystal Saga and said that this was not a mistake, you eventually decided to get rid of it... This outraged many players and as a result you lost your players trust and saw a steep drop in player counts. And just recently when you made items in the Corruption packs bound you essentially made it clear that you care only about the money. However here is the honest truth R2, YOU CANNOT MAKE MONEY BY FORCING PEOPLE TO EMPTY THEIR WALLETS!!!!! This is not only a problem that you have created, it's a problem that you refuse to admit was your fault. Then you wonder why people are abusing bugs wherever they find them... You have dug your own grave at this point and should be ashamed of yourselves... And nothing you can say to try and excuse these acts of greed will fly with your players because we are not the ill-informed masses you originally opened this game up to. IF you wanna save your company and make REAL PROFITS then what you need to do is;

1. Stop with the whole making items bound to force people to have to top up
    2. Replace your GMs because they are a big part of why players have left this game with their "I don't care about your problem" attitude
    3. Start listening to your players rather than ignoring them and driving them away
    4. Either hire a team or recruit current members of your staff to come up with new and original weekly events to keep people interested in your games
    5. Stop making excuses that you and I both know are nothing but lies to excuse your laziness

Now, these are based solely on my own opinion and though some may agree with me, I know there are some who will not, and I encourage you to speak up as well. Some of you may say it is pointless to make this post as clearly R2 does not care. However, I have been playing CS since 2012 and though I may have taken long hiatuses from the game, it is still one of my favorites. And I will not sit around and let R2 destroy this game...
    Crystal Saga
    (S58)AquaShock
    Lvl. 185 Eidolon Knight
    Guild Member of (S35)TheSpartans

If I have made friends with my enemy, have I not defeated them? -Abraham Lincoln

Originally posted by MindlessFist View Post
    Okay R2, it's time someone said this to you because otherwise you're going to end up losing all your player base and inevitably being forced to shut down! Now, this is based solely on my own opinion and I encourage other players to chime in with their own comments and concerns! Let's start with the biggest issue plaguing the whole of R2, you have become WAY TOO money hungry. One of the biggest issues your company has is that you have forgotten your players and started seeing them as "dollar signs" and this is a bad business model for any company. If you wish to know why, it's simple, gamers nowadays are not as ignorant as they were in the past, and as such they know you are seeing them as "dollar signs". This create a major problem for your bottom line. You want to know why your games are dying? It has nothing to do with the age of the game, it is the fact that you refuse to listen to your players and have opted for milking every last dollar you can out of your games until your game ends up losing all it's players. For example, I can guarantee that you saw major drop in players when after you had added the drops to the 150 area in Crystal Saga and said that this was not a mistake, you eventually decided to get rid of it... This outraged many players and as a result you lost your players trust and saw a steep drop in player counts. And just recently when you made items in the Corruption packs bound you essentially made it clear that you care only about the money. However here is the honest truth R2, YOU CANNOT MAKE MONEY BY FORCING PEOPLE TO EMPTY THEIR WALLETS!!!!! This is not only a problem that you have created, it's a problem that you refuse to admit was your fault. Then you wonder why people are abusing bugs wherever they find them... You have dug your own grave at this point and should be ashamed of yourselves... And nothing you can say to try and excuse these acts of greed will fly with your players because we are not the ill-informed masses you originally opened this game up to. IF you wanna save your company and make REAL PROFITS then what you need to do is;

2. Replace your GMs because they are a big part of why players have left this game with their "I don't care about your problem" attitude
    3. Start listening to your players rather than ignoring them and driving them away
    4. Either hire a team or recruit current members of your staff to come up with new and original weekly events to keep people interested in your games
    5. Stop making excuses that you and I both know are nothing but lies to excuse your laziness

Now, these are based solely on my own opinion and though some may agree with me, I know there are some who will not, and I encourage you to speak up as well. Some of you may say it is pointless to make this post as clearly R2 does not care. However, I have been playing CS since 2012 and though I may have taken long hiatuses from the game, it is still one of my favorites. And I will not sit around and let R2 destroy this game...

150 drops were a mistake tho, they just literally didn't know what code caused it so waited till it fixed its self (st patties seed elite drop code replaced the 150 elite drop code thus turned it to normal) accidental input, accidental output xd

by gms do u mean mods? cuz gms dont even talk to player base, even in tickets just bot replies xd

they're just milking what's left of cs by this point, most players have already left my server group of S12 has 21 or 23 servers and only about 10 people play xD?

r2 team has changed over the years and for the worse(the constant changing of gms should of been a hint on how r2 run their staff), now just sterotype mmo developers, cash feature after cash feature with bare minimum effort

ur not the 1st nor will be the last to put this out and im afraid it's just cs's time, when flash support ends im sure it'll become more unplayable than it already is thus shuts down or just shutdown from the get go when it happens since they refuse to comment apparently until it happens xd was the nail in the coffin for me personally and I stopped playing although however cs is a game i basically grew up and will always remember but it just wont be the same even if r2 change, the community is basically non-existent by this point so what's the point of having a 'good' game if no friends play?

all in all, it had a good run, i'll cry at the funeral tbh, 0 regrets tho^^
    Last edited by xPrototypeT; 05-05-2019, 01:11 AM.
    'Do transformers get car or life insurance?'

Comment

Originally posted by MindlessFist View Post

Ok, to get the one thing out of the way where I see a problem solely with the playerbase is: There are players who will abuse any and all instances of items being tradable by making dozens of chars and farm that one thing and I honestly do feel like these people are the cause of more and more stuff becoming bound (and bots for that matter)(I literally know a player who´s playing more characters actively than what is allowed).
      Most browser games are doomed to die at some point and the F2P model just and simply won´t work for most of them as people won´t pay enough money to keep the game running just with the money they get from people buying costumes so these game end up introducing extremely cash heavy systems - some of which can in theory be farmed in a time span that is somewhat long and some which will take forever, some of those become rather easier to farm as time goes on and some don´t. And then there are those systems that are only for cashers and require so much of it that people just don´t really care about them.
      The current trend is going towards mobile games which makes the situation for any kind of browser game rather bad.

The point I´m trying to get at is that you´ll have to expect any kind of online browsergame to die at some point because they become way to cash reliant which will keep non cashers away making the games population rather small and I´ll be honest right there: I don´t play online games or MMO´s for the games sake but because I want to interact with others.
      It´s a vicious circle.

xPrototypeT is also most likely correct with the game shutting down around the time flash support ends. Porting the game to HTML5 likely costs more than the game is expected to make within a certain time span.
      The game would require some major changes to get back to what it was in it´s prime - or well, maybe even have a bigger player base than it had back then but that require a lot of money, money that I doubt R2 will invest in the game. To get the obligatory information from a mod out of the way: Yes this is just what I think and I am fully aware that only time can tell how R2 will handle this.
      Making those changes would also mean taking a big **** on all cashers since a rather big point of interest would be to make all content playable for every person in the game which would include both PvE and PvP content. Just to put it into perspective: There is a lvl. 181 knight on the american servers that has got roughly 442k PATK, 2,6 Mill HP 268k PDEF (75% reduction) and 324k MDEF (70% reduction). Getting a Lv. 50 char to that level of strenght could currently be done in about 10-20 minutes with enough money which somewhat destroys any form of competitive playing (even if the game is not supposed to be that, people will always be atleast somewhat competitive).

From what I can tell Prototype´s server has got an even lower population than a non fused french server (also from R2Games (and no, I´m not french, I´m german and moved to those servers due to the time zone being the same after they shut down the german servers years ago)) which has been online for over a year (yes, a server that hasn´t been fused for over a year).

Comment

Working...
      X