Game Breaking content, poor work, R2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post
    Every time new content is released everyone complains about it being game breaking and cash only. They did it with the pixies, they did it with the sperion, they did it with blessings, they did it when the fragarach came out, it was no different when the soul was first released, and now we have new wings.

How many people are still complaining about any of the other stuff? Have we not learned by now that R2 releases something, lets us suffer for a week or two, then has a series of events followed by a way to get the item ingame?

I say give it a couple weeks and then revisit the topic if they haven't followed the same pattern that they usually do.
    Soul is reachable without cash, pixie is reachable without cash, blessings are reachable without cash, sperion is reachable without cash. While all of these items take a lot of time eventually if you keep at it you will get there. The difference with these wings is that its PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE to get these without cashing. The fact that these wings add ~200k+ HP, ~30k+ attack, and ~30k+ defense is what is going to completely ruin competition between cashers and non cashers. How do you get an item that requires you cash up to Ultimate Demon Lord +9 and then requires you to cash up to Ultimate Divine Wings +10?

On a side note most of the game doesn't even have stats equal to what these wings give.
    Last edited by B3lle; 02-01-2013, 08:25 PM.
    Lvl: Eidolon 120
    IGN: (S18)Belle
    Guild: Crystalâ„¢
    Server: Shrine of Kithar/The Void/Lycanmarsh/Celestial Peaks/Tyria Village/Angel Island/Celestial Palace ~ Merged
    -Non Casher-

Comment

To be fair, EW are obtainable without cashing but only based on chance. The huge issue is that people will take over 1 year farming to get to the point that they need Divine Feathers and seriously, 1 year time against people with that rediculous stat boost + ppl with those stats can deny you from everything (Trove, Avernal, half the Rebirth Quests)..

Imagine yourself not wearing any gear, against someone wearing a master set +15. That is the stat difference that people have to face.

Comment

The guy from DP1 server on S57 has been playing 2 years I believe and he only has Demon Lord +4

Comment

Without getting too off topic, the fragarach issue was not the only time since you've been playing that the GMs listened to the players. Players asked for there to be quests for world bosses, and we got that. Players asked for wing, pet, and mount spectaculars to be permanent and we got that. Players asked for more pvp events, and we got that too. Cash shop drops- yes, event based, but still we got that and the events are permanent. Oh, and new costumes are able to be traded (bye bye "I've been scammed" threads). Lots of things have come across the forums and many have been implemented into the game.

All of those suggestions were met with overwhelming support. I'd say R2 does listen, and they do what is in their means as a licensed version under contract to try to meet the needs of the players.

This thread is a good example of a thread that won't get much attention from R2. It's one person in every other reply, half of the replies are centered around one player who has the means to buy anything he wants to.

If you really want something done about the wings situation, try to post in less of a "you messed up R2" way and more of a "can we please have [this] since we have [this]" type of way. In my experience, those threads get more feedback from the community than threads that start out as a complaint and include more of a demand than a suggestion.

I don't disagree with the point you are trying to make- just look at my signature and you'll see just how far away from the new wings I am. I just disagree with your approach. Come up with an actual suggestion that works, and not only will you have my support, but you'll have an active voice on your side that will push this idea at anyone who will listen.
          New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

Without getting too off topic, the fragarach issue was not the only time since you've been playing that the GMs listened to the players. Players asked for there to be quests for world bosses, and we got that. Players asked for wing, pet, and mount spectaculars to be permanent and we got that. Players asked for more pvp events, and we got that too. Cash shop drops- yes, event based, but still we got that and the events are permanent. Oh, and new costumes are able to be traded (bye bye "I've been scammed" threads). Lots of things have come across the forums and many have been implemented into the game.

All of those suggestions were met with overwhelming support. I'd say R2 does listen, and they do what is in their means as a licensed version under contract to try to meet the needs of the players.

This thread is a good example of a thread that won't get much attention from R2. It's one person in every other reply, half of the replies are centered around one player who has the means to buy anything he wants to.

If you really want something done about the wings situation, try to post in less of a "you messed up R2" way and more of a "can we please have [this] since we have [this]" type of way. In my experience, those threads get more feedback from the community than threads that start out as a complaint and include more of a demand than a suggestion.

I don't disagree with the point you are trying to make- just look at my signature and you'll see just how far away from the new wings I am. I just disagree with your approach. Come up with an actual suggestion that works, and not only will you have my support, but you'll have an active voice on your side that will push this idea at anyone who will listen.
            Where exactly do we post our threads? cause this Suggestion threads doesn't really inspire R2 to do any changes. And yeah I'm pretty sure we still have socketing rods in Black Dragon coin hunt, which makes it pointless to spend on BDC. Don't forget the amount of vault page threads that has existed.
            Last edited by sangofighter; 02-01-2013, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Of course people who cash would reach the top quicker. Most of it is pay to win. Not different from any other game. I don't have an interest in cashing these wings, because I'm already far away on wings. Only Angel Lord + 7 so far. I'd rather save up gold in game and get my wing upgrades, since Ethreal wings are reachable from rebirth packs, guessing game, etc, It isnt that hard to farm. I'm happy with what I've gotten so far, and sure theres endless killing because of the strong players, about 1-3 minute sengs most of the time, delivery killing, and it does get annoying at times, when killed over and over, but hey, dying is a part of the game. These new wings would make all of that really chaotic, but, in general doesn't really bother me because its their choice to do with what they please with their money if they cashed to get that far. I'm sure cashers will either sell some Divine Feathers, or there will be an event down the road. Just have to wait and see.
              • Server - Bloodfog Valley, aka (S17)
              • Character - Krissy729
              • Class - Hybrid Priest
              • Plane - Eidolon
              • Level - 108+
              I'm a noobc:
              Originally posted by ShadowGammaDraco
              they didn't MAKE the Original version of the game. any changes to the core game they have to dispute with main copyright owners in various ways most likely which takes time.
              Now stop complaining about seng plz c:...

Remember when they said that what we want could never be done?
              Well look who's laughing now
              We'll do that what we want to... <3

Comment

I'm still working on getting to AL. Bloody demigod hates me -_-. But...I'm used to dying by now. Gotta love being a nooblet v_v
                There will be no tomorrow should we fail to use the lessons of the past to survive today.

Crystal Saga
                IGN: Codawg
                Server: Celestial Haven
                Guild: BrimStone
                Class: Beastmaster
                Random Stats: Weak. I'm weak, ok?
                Wife: PinkPretty (she's not nice )
                Level: Somewhere between noob and legend v-v

Comment

I decided to help the cause by making a non-complaining suggestion thread, as memorylane suggested, with details and explanations.

Hopefully it gets a lot of responses, enough for it to be forwarded to R2 staff and hopefully get some of it approved by the original owners.

http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....e-gap-on-wings
                  (S14)Squintina
                  LVL 140 eidolon hybrid holy-focus priest

(S14)Bluespark
                  LVL 55 eidolon ice mage

Guides

Comment

Originally posted by sangofighter View Post
                    Where exactly do we post our threads? cause this Suggestion threads doesn't really inspire R2 to do any changes. And yeah I'm pretty sure we still have socketing rods in Black Dragon coin hunt, which kill makes it pointless to spend on BDC. Don't forget the amount of vault page threads that has existed.
                    Just because it's suggested, doesn't mean it will be implemented. Just because a suggestion gets a ton of feedback, doesn't mean it can be implemented. There are limits to what R2 is allowed to do. Vault expansion is one of those things they aren't allowed to do until the original version does it first. There are only so many changes they can do to the wheel- there will always be a prize that someone feels shouldn't be there.

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Comment

Just because it's suggested, doesn't mean it will be implemented. Just because a suggestion gets a ton of feedback, doesn't mean it can be implemented. There are limits to what R2 is allowed to do. Vault expansion is one of those things they aren't allowed to do until the original version does it first. There are only so many changes they can do to the wheel- there will always be a prize that someone feels shouldn't be there.
                      Vault page 2.5, from another CS server, and yeah it can be done.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	vaultpage3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	203.0 KB
ID:	1664183

Comment

Vault page 2.5, from another CS server, and yeah it can be done.
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]33277[/ATTACH]
                        That's the whole point. We can't have page 3 because even the chinese version only has 2.5. We might get 2.5 soon, but only if the chinese let R2 have it. They might require R2 to wait until more content is released. European CS didn't get 2.5 until further in the game than we are now.
                        (S14)Squintina

(S14)Bluespark
                        LVL 55 eidolon ice mage

Guides

Comment

Originally posted by (S14)Squintina View Post
                          That's the whole point. We can't have page 3 because even the chinese version only has 2.5. We might get 2.5 soon, but only if the chinese let R2 have it. They might require R2 to wait until more content is released. European CS didn't get 2.5 until further in the game than we are now.
                          The point of the forum is to have some form of interaction between R2_GMs and the players, they don't talk to us at all. Except for the mods and the mods' knowledge is limited (no disrespect MemoryLane). We can all take rejection and get on with the game, but never responding to any post (except for Bugs) is like waiting in line for eternity. Why do you see sooo many threads about vault page 3, if a GM would just write on a post and say there won't be any vault 2.5 page in like 6 months or longer. Then there wouldn't be as many page3 vault threads. MemoryLane wouldn't have waste her time repetitive threads in these forums.

Comment

The point of the forum is to have some form of interaction between R2_GMs and the players, they don't talk to us at all. Except for the mods and the mods' knowledge is limited (no disrespect MemoryLane). We can all take rejection and get on with the game, but never responding to any post (except for Bugs) is like waiting in line for eternity. Why do you see sooo many threads about vault page 3, if a GM would just write on a post and say there won't be any vault 2.5 page in like 6 months or longer. Then there wouldn't be as many page3 vault threads. MemoryLane wouldn't have waste her time repetitive threads in these forums.
                            It would be nice if there was a sticky post of all the things they can't do (ever or just for right now) along with a brief explanation why so that people stop suggesting them.
                            (S14)Squintina

(S14)Bluespark
                            LVL 55 eidolon ice mage

Guides

Comment

Originally posted by (S14)Squintina View Post
                              It would be nice if there was a sticky post of all the things they can't do (ever or just for right now) along with a brief explanation why so that people stop suggesting them.
                              Yep, that be nice. Would like to see GMs actually tell us what they are doing.

Comment

Mods are here to answer such questions on behalf of the GMs. Questions like if something is possible, I ask before I answer. But thank you for making that point, as I have been saying that players want to see the GMs in the forums a little more often. Unfortunately, the last time they visited the forums, it was the same copy pasted reply "Thank you for you suggestion. We hope to make the game better. blah blah" in every thread. Then following that, someone will go "A GM said my suggestion was accepted, why isn't it in the game yet???" But, if you think that would be better than how things are now- I'll be sure to pass that along on Monday.

Most players wouldn't read a sticky. Most don't even use the search function, which is why the answers have to be repeated many times over. Not to mention, at any time the original version could make changes, and then the whole list goes out the window.

Anyway, this thread is getting quite off topic. It's suppose to be about wings, not vault pages.

Comment

Working...
                                X