In Server Volunteer Game Mods

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Server Volunteer Game Mods

Something to need to be to control the people who are scamming, trolling and other various stuff on world chat that are against the terms of service within Crystal Saga. Otherwise the server becomes nothing but a mess of a person who begins to name-call others upon a server. This has been going on s61 for the last fifteen to twenty minutes. We need someone or a group of people who want to mod on a volunteer basis without receiving any pay to help clean up the spammers, trollers and breakers of the terms of Service.

In essence what I would really like to see is Crystal Saga have in-game volunteer mods and game helpers who can help control the level of stupidity that seems to be happening upon the servers. This would help retention of people within the game and cause less drama because then we know that there are people who are helping the servers out. Thank you for reading this humble suggestion and I really hope it helps.
    IGN Name: Nymeria
    Server: Empyrean Acropolis
    Class: Mage
    Level: work in progress
    Guild:

there are a lot already, and it seems they really dont care, well at least i witnessed one of them lol, best thing is to switch to private or party chat, an when system spams on it all i do is shift it all to the left, afterall there are less drama recently, even when server merge, chat only full of trader and system spam
    They told me that to make you fall in love with me, I had to make you laugh...
    But everytime you laugh, I'm the one who falls in love...

Comment

Forum mods have no in game privileges such as muting and banning. I fully support the idea of volunteer server mods with the authority to pass mutes and bans. It would greatly help the severe spam issues and TOS abuse in this game.
      Server: (S4)Wilterlands
      Class: Rogue
      Level: 120
      Plane: Eidolon

Threads:

Comment

that would be a way towards bully for those who friends with mods,
        think is enough with those gms friends already
        They told me that to make you fall in love with me, I had to make you laugh...
        But everytime you laugh, I'm the one who falls in love...

Comment

The problem would be keeping a balance of power. Do the ones who volunteer get a sort of "GM" account that has the mute privileges, or would it be on their current in-game character? How would they be prevented from abusing the powers (ie muting anyone they don't like)? I do like it though...sounds like it'd be fun.
          There will be no tomorrow should we fail to use the lessons of the past to survive today.

Crystal Saga
          IGN: Codawg
          Server: Celestial Haven
          Guild: BrimStone
          Class: Beastmaster
          Random Stats: Weak. I'm weak, ok?
          Wife: PinkPretty (she's not nice )
          Level: Somewhere between noob and legend v-v

Comment

yea, this sort of thing will just create more disputes and debates regarding how unbiased the mod will be. And i dont really think a in-game mod is necesary. Issues regarding scaming can be very well submited with a ticket, bad words get cenzored by the system (and even if they are not, i dont see what the big deal is, no one lives in the jungle, we all heard them before). Not to mention, you can just close the world chat and only open it back when you need it, like i do. All the games are like this, dont take the troling and the flamin to serious.

Comment

First of all, you can't control stupidity.
              2ndly, we all have some kind of "power". The power to file a PROPER report ticket. e.g Highlighted screenshot, time stamps, brief report on the situation. While being fully sincere and honest in protecting the well-being of other players. (not because you hate that guy and want him to be ban)

we don't really need 'volunteers'. Volunteers can be bias, and who is going to monitor these 'Volunteers' ? The game mods? (it comes back full circle doesn't it.)
              think about it.
              A werewolf, A wearwolf, A warewolf, Aware wolf.

Comment

What I meant about stupidity is the people who think that its okay to sling down racist comments even thinly veiled or insult people because they think they are friends with the gms so its cool. Codawg211, the volunteers mods would have a two different accounts, one is for their play character and the other is for the game helper or volunteer mod. They would be accountable to the gms that are within the games since they do have to work with them. I know that for a html chatsite that I frequent, there is a set standard of behavior that every one who volunteers or works for them follows and there should be one, meaning that the if the volunteers show a bias or unduly ban or mute someone then they get fired also goes that they have to follow the terms of service as it is written now.

And as far as the trolling and flaming, I can seriously say that I've never played in a game where people were allowed to get away with it for more than a minute. I guess I've been lucky girl to have been in games that had both a volunteer service of mods and those that were paid in the game world, thus is was kept friendlier and more kid friendly to.

How I see that this system would work:

The volunteer mod would give a first warning to the person to knock their behavior off. If the player that was in the wrong didn't knock their behavior or what they are doing against the terms of service, than the mod would mute or ban depending on the in fracture. Then the mod would have to submit a trail of paperwork to the gms saying the violation, time and the player with explanation of the steps that they followed before this happened. That way there is a paper trail of what happened to the player and that it wasn't unwarranted as to why they got banned or muted. If the player kept doing said in fractures then eventually there would be enough of a paper trail for them to be permanently banned, therefore people would actually think about the consequences before doing. Also any mods that wanted to volunteer would have to be over the age of eighteen or twenty one in certain areas to be able to do this, since they should have the maturity to perform this job.
                Last edited by Shaiel34; 02-14-2013, 09:06 AM. Reason: grammer and just various edits
                IGN Name: Nymeria
                Server: Empyrean Acropolis
                Class: Mage
                Level: work in progress
                Guild:

Comment

Originally posted by Codawg211 View Post
                  The problem would be keeping a balance of power. Do the ones who volunteer get a sort of "GM" account that has the mute privileges, or would it be on their current in-game character? How would they be prevented from abusing the powers (ie muting anyone they don't like)? I do like it though...sounds like it'd be fun.
                  Originally posted by ShiroiTsubasa View Post
                  First of all, you can't control stupidity.
                  2ndly, we all have some kind of "power". The power to file a PROPER report ticket. e.g Highlighted screenshot, time stamps, brief report on the situation. While being fully sincere and honest in protecting the well-being of other players. (not because you hate that guy and want him to be ban)

we don't really need 'volunteers'. Volunteers can be bias, and who is going to monitor these 'Volunteers' ? The game mods? (it comes back full circle doesn't it.)
                  think about it.
                  Forum Mod's are volunteers and just regular players besides that and guess, it works. They don't ban people from forums they don't like despite a lot of people bashing them. This is an argument about an already existing equivalent.

I support this suggestion as it is being done and done well on Broken Realm as well. It is possible, it is only a matter of Will R2 bother to enforce their ToS in-game as well or sit back and rely on forums and tickets filed as only source of ToS-breakers.
                  Crystal Saga:
                  IGN: speeds
                  Server: Windshear Peaks
                  Lv 120 [Eidolon] Nature Ranger - Emperor
                  Proud owner of the Lv 120 [Eidolon] Holy priest alt, double-parked outside
                  Officially the #1 Nature Ranger of Windshear Peaks & six merged servers

Wartune (semi-inactive):
                  IGN: Speeds16
                  Server: Temple of Ibalize
                  Lv45 Archer - Guild Luminaire

Comment

Working...
                  X