AFK Mode Adjustments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AFK Mode Adjustments

I notice when I'm in AFK mode leveling, Torches are spawning every now and then. My suggestion is an option that if a Torch appears the character will stay in range of the Torch whilst killing any mobs that are in range too. Once the Torch disappears the Character will continue as normal.
    Yes this is a great idea.
    72.73%
    I don't really care.
    9.09%
    This is a very bad idea.
    18.18%

but im really doubtful with the implementation. still this would be something that melee characters would benefit from.

Comment

Problem is that game doesnt count torch as char so it wont see when you are next to it. IMO only way it could work its some exp trigger which will stop char from atk (cos in melee chars case its moving) until torch is on. When he will stop getting more exp (than from mobs = torch is off) - he will be back in exping. I doubt there would be any solution to attacking in torch range.
      CRYSTAL SAGA:

Server:Cimmerian Woodland
      IGN:Teekey
      Class:Ranger
      Tree:Full of lov
      Proud Armada Soldier

Broken Realm

Waiting...

Comment

Originally posted by teekey View Post
        Problem is that game doesnt count torch as char so it wont see when you are next to it. IMO only way it could work its some exp trigger which will stop char from atk (cos in melee chars case its moving) until torch is on. When he will stop getting more exp (than from mobs = torch is off) - he will be back in exping. I doubt there would be any solution to attacking in torch range.
        If they really wanted to implement this, they will find a way I'm sure.

Comment

Originally posted by R22250827 View Post
          If they really wanted to implement this, they will find a way I'm sure.
          Perhaps they see stopping for torches as a reward for people who are actively playing their characters?

Sure, some classes stay in range of spawned torches and others wander away, but wouldn't that just be one of the downsides to picking one class over another?
          New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post
            Perhaps they see stopping for torches as a reward for people who are actively playing their characters?

Sure, some classes stay in range of spawned torches and others wander away, but wouldn't that just be one of the downsides to picking one class over another?
            It's not like all classes are even as it stands right now anyway. Everyone will benefit from this, some more than others.

Comment

Classes aren't suppose to be even. If they were, there would be no point in having different classes.

Anyway, I vote no to this. If I'm at my computer while grinding and happen to see a torch then I can stop for it on my own. If I am away from my computer and a torch spawns, then I accept that I will only be near it once in a while. Why reward people who are able to spend all day everyday in afk? Doesn't seem fair to the people who aren't able to leave their computer's on all day and night to grind or able to afford 24/7 afk cards.

Not to mention, one of my characters is lvl 100 and I would not want to see afk time wasted on stopping for a torch I no longer gain anything from.
              New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post
                Classes aren't suppose to be even. If they were, there would be no point in having different classes.

Anyway, I vote no to this. If I'm at my computer while grinding and happen to see a torch then I can stop for it on my own. If I am away from my computer and a torch spawns, then I accept that I will only be near it once in a while. Why reward people who are able to spend all day everyday in afk? Doesn't seem fair to the people who aren't able to leave their computer's on all day and night to grind or able to afford 24/7 afk cards.

Not to mention, one of my characters is lvl 100 and I would not want to see afk time wasted on stopping for a torch I no longer gain anything from.
                Ok that's your opinion, people will like and dislike this for there own reasons. To point out I said make this an "Option" in the AFK window to stop for a Torch or not.

Comment

Working...
                X