Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling and Buying Accounts

Hey,

Just a quick suggestion whilst waiting on maint.

As everyone knows its illegal to buy or sell accounts for real money, but it happens a lot.

What I dont understand is why R2 dont take advantage of this - why dont you act as a go between, people who want to sell their toon can contact R2 (maybe through the ********** NPC in starglade) and interested parties contact R2. You guys can make commision off the sale, and both the buyer and sellers can rest assured that theyre not gonna get scammed. I dont know how you guys process things on your end but perhaps moving the account, changing the registered email of the account etc would be all that is needed?

Perhaps from a logistics point of view it would be too admin heavy, but by having a required lvl limit (Scion 50+) you wouldnt be contacted by noobs with their lvl 40s - and the transfers can take place once a week during maintenance.

Ive heard of toons being sold for as much as $500 with the average lvl 80 scion around $300, and if i was going to spend this amount i would want to lot of reassurance im not gonna get scammed and would happily pay a little more for R2 to give me those assurances. If you took a % from the seller you would easily cover your costs and this could turn into a new revenue stream for you.

There are probably other considerations I havent mentioned, like i said just a quick one cos of the emergency maint.

If you read the Term of Service when you agree to them the account is only allowed to be owned by one player. You signed your stuck with the account.
    Crystal Saga
    IGN: Jezzah
    Server: Celestial Palace (S27)
    Guild: Divine Angels (S22)
    Spouse: (S22)Caia <3
    Class: Hybrid Ret Knight.

Wartune
    IGN: Ayan
    Server: Temple of Ibalize
    Level: 36
    Guild: Reckoning

Comment

Your brain treats items and goods in the video game world as if they are real. Because they are.

People scoff at this idea all the time ("You spent all that time working for a sword that doesn't even exist?") and those people are stupid. If it takes time, effort and skill to obtain an item, that item has value, whether it's made of diamonds, binary code or beef jerky.There's nothing crazy about it. After all, people pay thousands of dollars for diamonds, even though diamonds do nothing but look pretty. A video game suit of armor looks pretty and protects you from video game orcs. In both cases you're paying for an idea.

~~~~if they did make legitimate char selling through them. think of it like a car. would you sell this

for 300$? all that time and effort. if a mechanic put in 5 months on a char and worked it from top to bottom rebuilt engine an wires, EVERYTHING, down to new pain job, i'm talking "pimp my ride" that =more $-you don't sell a limited edition SS for cheap when its mint. as a non cash player. an someone who spent wisely on their stuff and doing dailys. time = $. honor= i did many battles+the gear gained from that. thats a high performance machine not something you'd legitimately sell for cheap. then who's to say WE would even get the money for that since it's not our char in first place?

Comment

Working...
      X