Internet connection issues with crystal saga

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet connection issues with crystal saga

From my understanding, Crystal saga seems to be heading towards a situation where the internet connection with cs is getting weaker and weaker. The internet latency and stability seems to falter more and more as time goes on, and to be quite frank, its getting really annoying now. Today, I happened to experience the worst internet connection with cs servers in my cs gaming experience - disconnecting from more than half my dungeon runs and of course, experiencing lots of lag to the point where your character dies and/or pet dies, because your character just stands there doing nothing when you lag and monsters + bosses can still hurt you. What's even more insulting is the internet disconnection with cs servers and the screen doesn't even indicate that you have been disconnected. The player is just left clueless and still thinks they are just lagging.

I'm playing on the server sea of dreams, and while its interesting to have the constant special events, week after week, in my personal opinion, this internet connection issue with cs servers should be addressed first. Without a stable internet connection, how can you get anything done? Well, its going to be hard, but nobody is going to enjoy losing their dungeon runs, or lagging to the point where you die even though, on normal circumstances, you can finish a dungeon with ease. I would also assume that players participating in events aren't going to be too happy if they keep disconnecting as well: I mean, how can you progress in events if you just keep disconnecting?

There are of course, other negative impacts for having unstable internet connections with cs servers:
    1) losing ladder attempts, dying due to internet lag
    2) Losing bath attempts
    3) Already mentioned losing dungeon attempts, and dying due to internet lag
    4) Losing competitive edges in tamalan arena, sengolia, avernal, guild resource, land grab, gotor, and potentially having many moves not being registered timely.
    5) Losing training ground attempts, and dying more frequently due to internet lag
    6) Being forced to repeat the same actions multiple times because your actions weren't registered (talking to npc, turning in quests, selling items)
    7) Survival of the fittest becomes a lot more difficult with more internet lag, and disconnection will force you to lose your attempt.
    8) The crypt becomes a lot more difficult if you disconnect during your run, and the internet lag simply reduces your chances of getting 1-3 placement.

For the weaker players, internet lagging in dungeons would be even more fatal, as their potions probably won`t register, their attacks won`t register, and thus would likely die faster and many more times. With less hp, some players may be more vulnerable to the side-effects of internet lag.

Whats the solution?
    Well, a good starting point is having some kind of guide released on how to avoid lagging, or how to reduce internet latency and lag with crystal saga servers. The permanent solution is unknown to me, but I'm assuming it has to do with improving server connection somehow, perhaps hiring technical consultants and renting/buying better servers and other related technology. As cruel as it might sound, maybe R2 should find relationships as to whether increased number of characters online = more internet lag and instability for the cs population. If more characters online = more internet lag, perhaps its time to reduce the incentives to have more alternate characters. In cs, it seems that 1 player = a lot of characters, and in the self interest of players, people like making alternate characters to farm more dungeons or things for events. One random idea is to have limits as to how many people can log into 1 server. This has pros and cons, but if too many people are logged on, nobody is going to benefit.

Why is it important for R2 to fix this problem?
    In my opinion, without the basic, stable internet connection with cs servers, players are going to lose incentive to play crystal saga, and may lose incentive to spend in cash shop. If the internet connection with cs servers becomes hopeless, no one will want to play cs and thus player population will decline & spending in cash shop and various cs products will decline. If players continually anticipate that they will lose a large portion of their dungeon runs due to internet disconnection with cs servers, and potentially die a lot more in dungeons because the game just internet lags, the incentive to buy dungeon keys and the incentive to benefit from vip's extra dungeon runs will be reduced. Why would Mr. Richperson spend money and resources on extra dungeon attempts, if the benefits are just going to be reduced by systematic lag and internet disconnection? Mr. Richperson is thus less likely to spend money on dungeon keys and vip. In some of the dungeons, dying = get sent back to town, so in those scenarios, dying is equivalent of losing a dungeon run.

So, my conclusion is simple: improve the internet connection with cs servers for both the player's sake and for R2 revenue basis. I personally don't like lagging, and from a rational person's point of view, we can assume nobody likes internet lagging. Assuming R2 has a limited resources, I would rather see a better internet connection with cs servers and less or no special events, than worsening internet connections and all the cool special events. After the internet connection issue has been fixed, any cool, special events or new implementations to the game will be enjoyed easily with little internet connection issues.
    Metabolism

Server: Sea of Dreams

it must be you. i played this game 70% of the time on a satellite internet connection with a constant 1.5-2 seconds delay starting near the end of november. i've noticed fps issues increasing over time as more content gets added (and my pc is a lower end gaming machine...it's a flash limitation i think since it's not the most efficient way to make games), but the connections have been fine...and i'd think someone with a constant delay would notice more connectivity problems than someone with an instant connection. though i will say, when i play on an instant connection i also never suffer issues unless someone torrent downloads and sucks up all the bandwidth. are you the only one using your network? i suppose it could always be your server maybe has an issue that needs to be taken care of...but 99% of my server doesn't have lag issues except in seng and avernal o.o

-edit-
    it might be possible to trace where the issues are coming from using a speed test to see what your connection speed is over the course of a day (do multiple tests periodically throughout the day), and during times you are lagging/think you are lagging use cmd to ping the servers...admins would need to provide an ip address for that (i think), unless a whois search on the url would give the server ip...not 100% sure on that one. if there are any lost packets then we would know a little more why you might be disconnecting. if unsure how to do a ping test...google it o.o as i don't have it memorized myself.
    Last edited by Sidoh; 08-02-2012, 11:59 AM.
    Crystal Saga:
    Server: Aquatic Crypts
    Name: (S15)Sidoh
    Class: Knight
    Plane: Eidolon
    Level: 100

Lunaria:
    Server:Server: S87 Key Grove and S58 Drays Keep
    Name: [S87]Kenshin/[S58]SweetnSour
    Class: Swordman/Elementalist
    Level: 5x/6x

Comment

There is such a guide, I forgot who made it tho. look for it.
      Crystal Saga:
      IGN: speeds
      Server: Windshear Peaks
      Lv 120 [Eidolon] Nature Ranger - Emperor
      Proud owner of the Lv 120 [Eidolon] Holy priest alt, double-parked outside
      Officially the #1 Nature Ranger of Windshear Peaks & six merged servers

Wartune (semi-inactive):
      IGN: Speeds16
      Server: Temple of Ibalize
      Lv45 Archer - Guild Luminaire

Comment

Same thing happened to me just after the last maintenance, The connection just got worst. Lagging, always disconnecting, such a waste of runs. And really annoying to relog every couple of seconds. My internet is good, I have just mainly the problem with the connection with crystal saga. Hope this will be fix soon.

Comment

It definitely isn't just limited with that particular individual.. as the levels and the goals become higher I have noted My mortal almost never lags.. My Scion randomly lags but not severely, and as of late my Eidolon is Somewhat ok but the stability with the game servers has been drastically fluctuating to the point I literally have two toons running.. grouped together. I watch my Scion tank move around and kill everything just fine and Sit by the portal.. can even enter the next level of dungeon.. where is the Priest Eidolon.. will lock up and do a Funky Lag Glitch Dance for several minutes and then Just drop connection.

So it appears my connection stability has been suffering a bit since the 2nd rebirth.. for me it has happened in Crystal Ladder.. 2 out of 3 runs thus far I did that Lock up funny dance while everyone else moved forward, and this is even AFTER I cleared cache and reset rebooted and re-logged all the ones I run with.. before entering the ladder. The first day it reconnected inside the CL.. the second time it went all the way through with no losses, and the third time it Completely shot me out of the Crystal Ladder at level 30.. losing out on a bare minimum of 19 levels of more exp which does drastically slow down leveling up quickly.

I am only 1 step away from max internet connection for my area.. I recently upgraded parts in my customized gaming computer.. and everything else I operate moves at lightning quick speeds.. so I have to agree it appears with the higher the game is being taken.. many of us love the events and the chance to KEEP Progressing.. helps avoid that stagnant feeling.. but the frustration is slowly building when I keep losing out on opportunities.. as funny as it may sound.. Having a HUGE powerhouse is slightly trumped by having a bad connection when you can only be Uber so to speak for 26 seconds because as soon as you launch your array of upper level techniques the game will crash on you.. because Even the game is affected by your Powers...

Comment

I agree that the getting stuck while loading together with the lag must be due to R2's servers.

I have been playing this game, on the same server, using the same connection and laptop, since last October. There has been absolutely no stuck while loading issue for months. However it only started occuring in May, and it is getting worse. And R2 is telling me to get better connection / computer >.<

Also, when I tried out Wartune beta testing on R2's partnersite, I didn't encounter any form of stuck while loading nor hear anyone complained about it. But now when Wartune is brought over here, such issue suddenly appeared?

The amount of players having this problem, together with the facts I stated above, are real proofs that R2 should be the one responsible for such lag and not the players.

Comment

Working...
            X