Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop swearing!

Hi,
    If you haven't noticed, there are far too many people swearing and acting older than they really are (possibly thinking that they are cool ...) and it
    really just HAS to stop... there are young children on this game, and no parents wants their children to learn/start using their bad language at a young age, or at all! This game is meant to be safe, isn't it? But immature people are making it unsafe...
    Can't their be an option to choose between:
    Safe Chat Mode - Most suitable for children
    Non-Safe Chat Mode - Most suitable for older children/teens - NO swearing.

Agree?

Nice Idea.
    "Crying About The Loss, Is Better Than Crying By Not Making Part Of The Battle."

Character: Cloud
    Server: Erie Marsh
    Level: 47
    Class: Hybrid Healer

Comment

The swearers keep avoiding the filter that's the problem. -_- It's gonna take a huge effort to try and make the filter immaculate so no one can ever swear. For now people should just try to think b4 typing in what they are going to say.
      The GUNDAMS will be the Saviour of the war

One of my best guides That I am proud of
      Want to save time with your seeds and your lvl 60? Check out my guide that will save you time

Comment

Yeah pretty much they get their way out of the filters like making E into 3, A into @ and adding spaces between words, so on.

Though yeah I understand young children do play this game, it's pretty much like stopping the whole world from talking. :/
        It's great for your concern of the younger generation, but internet is a big place, and there's a lot of topics in here. With today's age though, swearing is almost part of the language and it doesn't surprise anyone anymore if you say cuss words. Personally I want the younger generation to start using the internet at least 10 years old.

So far the filters are doing their job, but like Quantumsifter said, they weasel the way out.

People should think of what they say before they say it?
        *sigh* If only people do, 80% of fights are avoided. (_ _; )

Useless
        ...but actually does something like stalk every word you post
        Forum-cleaner

This moderator is unreliable, I'm serious

Comment

Im sorry but this is the internet there will be bad influence everywhere because its the internet people will do what they want where they want how they want even if theres rules (im not saying that's good) if parents dont want their children to have bad influence or anything they need to do their job as parents and look where their children go/do with the computer. If the child does not understand that in our society people dont like swearing (Which i dont understand why. Since its only words that describes an emotion) then that child should go play an offline game.
          IGN: (S37)Mcpurple
          Class: Tanker
          Level: 50s scion
          Server: Cheurna gorge
          Guild: Dragonborn

Comment

Children are on this game, do you not realise that? They can learn bad language at an early age, which their parent's might not like...
            If people (who act older than they really are) want to swear, they should just look for another game to go on. This may decrease Crystal Saga's popularity by a little amount, but at least it will be much safer.

Comment

Well, I CANT DENY THAT I SWEAR ALOT ON SERVER'S WORLD CHAT BUT YAH I REALIZE UR POINT. KIDS R PLAYING THIS GAME. THEY SHOULD MAKE TWO KINDS OF CHATS, COZ THERES REALLY NO STOPPING ALL THE SWEARERS OUT THERE. ONE FOR KIDS AND ONE FOR GROWNUPS.
              NAME: anicsan
              SERVER: Extended Realm
              CLASS: Ranger
              GUILD: â—„Swaggâ–º
              GUILD POSITION: removed due to inappropriate language - Stormaggedon

Im all for pink!!! #TeamPinkOverload
              Dwayne Wade is my future husband. Just waiting for him to divorce his wife. #TeamHeat
              Umm...Follow me up on Twitter??? I follow back.
              Am I single??? Hmm...not sure. Ask my boyfriend. :) Ahahah just kidding!!! :P :P

Comment

I try to avoid swearing at all costs, as a teenager myself i really don't mind the swearing, but the suggestion of having chat filters i totally agree with, chat filters are fine but the idea of having two chats (as said above^) for adults & children is not a good idea, because there will always be one adult or child that will go into the inappropriate chat and "troll" it.
                Before asking a question, posting a guide, use the search feature, it may have already been answered/done.

Feel free to private message me, for answers & help.

Regardless
                of server my character name will always be; Jerrelle
                Servers i can verify i play:
                >Sullen Dunes Active
                >Exenden Realm Inactive

Comment

Originally posted by Ijerk1t View Post
                  I try to avoid swearing at all costs, as a teenager myself i really don't mind the swearing, but the suggestion of having chat filters i totally agree with, chat filters are fine but the idea of having two chats (as said above^) for adults & children is not a good idea, because there will always be one adult or child that will go into the inappropriate chat and "troll" it.
                  NAME: anicsan
                  SERVER: Extended Realm
                  CLASS: Ranger
                  GUILD: â—„Swaggâ–º
                  GUILD POSITION: removed due to inappropriate language - Stormaggedon

Im all for pink!!! #TeamPinkOverload
                  Dwayne Wade is my future husband. Just waiting for him to divorce his wife. #TeamHeat
                  Umm...Follow me up on Twitter??? I follow back.
                  Am I single??? Hmm...not sure. Ask my boyfriend. :) Ahahah just kidding!!! :P :P

Comment

We should at least have 'Safe Chat' and 'Non-Safe Chat' ~ Just with no swearing, because some children may select this. On the other hand, no-one should be swearing and
                    talking about rude things anyway.

Comment

i believe ssafe chats are either whisper ,party or guilD and nonsafe ones are world and trade
                      They told me that to make you fall in love with me, I had to make you laugh...
                      But everytime you laugh, I'm the one who falls in love...

Comment

Yes!

I STRONGLY agree!
                        Last edited by BrotherVT; 06-07-2012, 01:32 PM. Reason: Unnecessary Large Font

Comment

were this to be used itd have to recognize birthdays and such to keep kids from straying into the wrong chat. but i agree with elsage
                          Anima Archangeli Dictus

For some pointers on Guild management/ participation, see my guide

Comment

But on the internet, anyone can lie about their age.
                            Shoot, I used to say I was 4 years older than I used to be on Myspace just because I could.
                            The King doesn't fall so easily boys

Comment

than isnt all this pointless? :/ i mean i get the problem, people need to control themselves but what can really be done aside from the filters?
                              Anima Archangeli Dictus

For some pointers on Guild management/ participation, see my guide

Comment

Working...
                              X