New Event Idea: Badge Synthesis

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Event Idea: Badge Synthesis

A concept similar in practice to the Mount Upgrade Token Exchange and other such events, for a small fee a player can exchange certain amounts of their hard-earned Honor Badges for ones of higher level grade.

30 Bronze Honor Badges, along with a Gold fee, will transform into 1 Silver Honor Badge. Likewise, 20 Silver Honor Badges, along with the Gold fee, will exchange for 1 Gold Honor Badge.

As Honor Badges can only be obtained through the Wishing Well, Guild Resource Battleground, Tamalan Arena (with 50+ Points), Sengolia Battleground, Dragonspine Battleground, Survival of the Fittest, and Dragon Hunts, it requires players to work hard in order to gain the most from an event such as this. "Cashers" would only benefit by shelling-out for an abundance of various Dragon Coins, or buying up Ancient/Lucky Coins in bulk from Player Shops (or obtaining them en masse from Elite grinding), thus the game economy is allowed to flourish, and players are able to more quickly obtain the Insignias/Equipment/etc. that otherwise would take them much longer to acquire. However, it requires no less effort as it forces the players to balance their Badges and Gold efficiently for the best results.

As well, with new gameplay concepts such as the Tamalan Arena and the upgraded Level 100 cap., perhaps a new Honor Badge level could be introduced, which of course would come with new (and/or older but updated) Items and Equipment that only these Badges would enable a player to obtain.

These are just a few ideas for now, anyone may feel free to offer feedback but maintain Forum Rules in the process please.
    "Doing nothing is very hard to do, you never know when you're finished."

User: (S31)FarFallen / Yiazmat
    Server: Tree of Life (S31) / Temple of Ibalize (R2Games-1)
    Class: Shadow Rogue / Mage (dual-Skill, one DPS one Heal)
    Plane: Scion / N/A
    Level: 75 / 61
    Guild/Rank: zOMGuild Guild Master / Luminaire Assistant Guild Master
    Finishing Move: Hokuto Hyakuretsu Ken

I like it, seconded but so far this idea has been suggested, just with other ratio's, several times. On not a single thread I can spot a GM who actually took the time to either say "this will never happen" or "I like it, we'll add it to the to-do-list" (forgive me if there is a post, I've seen about 8 threads and couldn't find one)
    Crystal Saga:
    IGN: speeds
    Server: Windshear Peaks
    Lv 120 [Eidolon] Nature Ranger - Emperor
    Proud owner of the Lv 120 [Eidolon] Holy priest alt, double-parked outside
    Officially the #1 Nature Ranger of Windshear Peaks & six merged servers

Wartune (semi-inactive):
    IGN: Speeds16
    Server: Temple of Ibalize
    Lv45 Archer - Guild Luminaire

Comment

i couldve sworn i saw memory lane post on one of these...idk though :P im on and off about the idea...id like the choice to trade up(and down as well), but there are people who save every badge so theyd get an unfair advantage in the system :/
      Anima Archangeli Dictus

For some pointers on Guild management/ participation, see my guide

Comment

I have posted on several of these same types of threads, but it's not like I have any say in such things.

I still think any sort of badge synthesis is a bad idea. Using the proposed ratio in this thread, just my current amount of bronze badges sitting in my vault is enough for a gold badge, and when you add in the silvers that's 3 gold badges total- and I only do Seng maybe 3 times a week, so imagine how many badges other people have. I would love more gold badges, I would be able to get my last 2 purple slayer pieces, and depending on how far out such an event would be I might also get a few upgrades on my insignia.

Now think of this idea and the people you fight or your enemies, and think of those people all being able to get those purple slayers or upgrade their insignias. Yes, it helps our own characters, but do you really want your enemies in this gear without having to work for it at all?

The rare events that give a chance for a gold badge is the best way to go. It's not a sure thing you'll get one, but you've still got to put in some effort to even try for one.
        New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

it didnt even occur to me how much more id get my butt kicked in seng -_- lol i do it twice a day if i can. usually just once though :P having our level leaders all on the same team all with purple slayer doesnt sound too appealing XD what about trading down badges? i have silvers i dont need yet and one gold i really dont need yet lol im only lv 45 :P
          Anima Archangeli Dictus

Comment

Originally posted by ArchangelZero7 View Post
            it didnt even occur to me how much more id get my butt kicked in seng -_- lol i do it twice a day if i can. usually just once though :P having our level leaders all on the same team all with purple slayer doesnt sound too appealing XD what about trading down badges? i have silvers i dont need yet and one gold i really dont need yet lol im only lv 45 :P
            i agree on you about getting your butt kicked in seng by the players on leader board but i was once on your shoes, there is what you call stat balancer once you enter seng. so if you do not feel confident or brave enough to face them high level/scion players join a group and when i say join a group means dont be by yourself wondering around seng.

and for the silver and gold badges that you are not using just keep them they will be handy someday.

Comment

considering it takes me a week to level once i doubt that someday will ever come >.> and its not really bad for me. i usually get up to 5(highest 10) killstreak. i only have trouble once the leaders join in. then it sucks
              Anima Archangeli Dictus

Comment

I thought Memorylane was a Forum-moderator and no game-developer? Sorry for that confusion in my previous post.

However, the badge-synthesis yes it might benefit your enemies but it will benefit your own in way more ways: Dungeons, ladder, training, faster grinds, they aren't good for only PvP but for everything.
                Also the insignia's will still be an ultimate goal since they require a lot of honor as well (same for pvp-gear btw, it's not just bronze/silver/gold badges you need). And yes you've saved up a lot of bronze and silver badges but you didn't get those for free either. You've done Delivery for 8 badges, Guild resource quest (quite the labor) for 10, perhaps some extra sengolia's with winning 20/loosing 10.
                I find more hard work in risking a nooby char in GR for 54 items and just 10 badges. Having a transaction-rate of bronze badges for 1 silver + gold-fee, I'd say this is perfect for those who are struggling to get kills in Sengolia especially on the older servers where scions and lv80+ dominate seng.

Again though, same as the events like Free Lunch and Mystic Packs, the chance of gold badges is nice, but it would be great if we could find some use for those bronze badges who aren't being used.
                Crystal Saga:
                IGN: speeds
                Server: Windshear Peaks
                Lv 120 [Eidolon] Nature Ranger - Emperor
                Proud owner of the Lv 120 [Eidolon] Holy priest alt, double-parked outside
                Officially the #1 Nature Ranger of Windshear Peaks & six merged servers

Wartune (semi-inactive):
                IGN: Speeds16
                Server: Temple of Ibalize
                Lv45 Archer - Guild Luminaire

Comment

thats more a direction we could go though it seems. find another use for badges :P what else could we use them for?
                  Anima Archangeli Dictus

Comment

Forum Mods have nothing to do with R2Games, well exept the fact that they are moderators because R2Games finds them worthy of being Mods.
                    They can suggest things, but they don't get priority over others, and they don't influence the game updates and the to-do-list.

As of me, I have seen GM's post to threads like this, and so far this is probably not considered
                    ▀▄▀▄▀▄ (S15)NightNight ▄▀▄▀▄▀
                    █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁Aquatic Crypts▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █
                    ๑۞๑ Hybrid Priest ๑۞๑

A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing. -George Bernard Shaw
                    *I' m back and better than ever!

Comment

agreed. ^ tons of posts about this but it doesnt seem like itd be implemented...
                      Anima Archangeli Dictus

Comment

Working...
                      X