This New Player's Concerns

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This New Player's Concerns

So I just started playing this game a couple of days ago, and had been toured around the Crystal Saga world by my high level friend.I kinda have a grasp of certain game system/mechanics and those expected visual/customization stuffs as you go along with your levels. As of now I believe that my opinions would matter even with the slightest validity given I've only played a couple of days ago.

One thing that struck me the most and left me with awe is the visuals. Such magnificent graphics for a browser game, and it really made me fall in love in this game.

But still I can't help to notice some things that I find annoying or insignificant and could use some changes. So I compiled them and decided to post it here.

1. There's too much text attached to characters.

This is the very first thing I noticed when I set foot on Starglade. There's a text for the server tag, a text for your achievement, a text for your honor, a text for your status (evil,guild, etc), a text for your partner (wife,husband), and a text for your guild, all of this appearing on every single character you will ever meet.

It messes up the playing screen and hinders the beautiful graphics the game has. I even had the trouble looking at the screen when 10 or more players are standing inside my screen with there awe-so-awesome flood of text covering the great graphics of the game.

But what really ****** me off is when I learned the existence of the "View" function. You can practically see all those said character information by "Viewing" a character, so what's the point of showing those texts hovering on top of everyone? Isn't counter intuitive to have such beautiful graphics and visuals only to be hindered by information that could be accessed through popping-up a new window using the "view" function?

2. On a related note, the "Pet Ownership Text" seems unnecessary.

Again this is kinda related to number 1. Showing a hovering text on it is unnecessary since everyone can surmise that the pet is owned by you since it is following you.

3. Too much Icons in the screen.

Though I can see that the purpose of this is to help newbies, I can't help but notice that it takes up a lot of space on the screen. I don't know, maybe add a function where you can put all this icons in one clickable icon where there they are all stored?

4. Fixed hairstyle, choosing an avatar at character creation disappoints.

I was very happy that I could choose from five different avatar during character selection, feels the game to be very customizable. Turns out it was a cheat. Every character has their fixed hairstyle, and greatly discourages people who expects this game to got a lot of customization.

I understand that the purpose of this is to make your item mall's demand go high, but at least let us choose from maybe 5 different mediocre hairstyle instead of being stuck into one. I hate my ranger's hair

5. Fixed character animation.

My character is a ranger, and I don't expect much from the skill/character animation during battle. It's just that fancying a bow user's single "draw and release" animation doesn't work mostly on games. But to other classes, that's a different story.

My friend was a Knight, and what discouraged me the most is that his character keeps on doing the same boring single slash animation every time he uses a different skill. Though some visuals changes, it's still not enough to cover the laziness of the devs from putting up only one animation for skill casting. This doesn't only apply to knight, even other classes suffers from this "One style animation" syndrome.

I won't buy the "CS is a 2.5d browser game" argument. Mounts delivers spectacular smooth animation (from a Rabid Raccoon's tail movement, to Hellwing's wings animation), so why can't the pivotal, important faction of the game, which is the player's characters, can't have awesome unique animations?

6. Scheduled events not accommodating everyone.

Being open to any country, it is a known issue that some people residing on a certain part of the globe can't join events.

I know it may be hard and will take time, but having a way, or a change in system where everyone can benefit from scheduled events even if they live on the other side of the globe would be great.

------------

So there, so far those are the things that I find that needs fixing. Feel free to open up a discussion or a debate whether my points are valid or not.
    "If I die before I see Evangelion Q I'll be choking people in hell." -- Yue
    (S43)BryanPanda

I actually agree with pretty much everything you say, theres just so much going on and most of its not needed, everyone on server knows who i am, who im married to, does it need to be showed all the time, they know my pets, my guild i mean comeon, just way to much going on, and prolly could increase performance, reduce lag by getting rid of some of this stuff.

Comment

Welcome to CS this how their system works xD
      "Poison ? That's a merely dessert for a demon like me" - (S58)Mirajane

Comment

Icons? Live with it, all R2 games have them flooding the screen. Just saying...
        life is unfair

Comment

Are you guys implying that there's only a very small possibility that the issues I listed would be changed? Oh well, I never expected much. But still, a reply from some authority would be appreciated.
          (S43)BryanPanda

Comment

Unfortunately, this is not their game, therefor you can judge and rant all the way you want (i want to do it too). Because they cant fix it, they are not developer but publisher. But both of them are lazy indeed.
            I love myself.

Comment

Originally posted by loveshay View Post
              Unfortunately, this is not their game, therefor you can judge and rant all the way you want (i want to do it too). Because they cant fix it, they are not developer but publisher. But both of them are lazy indeed.
              This is their game. They "bought" the game and made their own version so technically, R2 is still in charge of this game.
              life is unfair

Comment

Originally posted by RandomGamer View Post
                This is their game. They "bought" the game and made their own version so technically, R2 is still in charge of this game.
                Whatever do you call if this is their game or not, they can't fix any aboves 'problem'. Because its still following the original and they can't modify too much so you can't say its "their own version", smart love.
                I love myself.

Comment

It's funny how you say they have magnificent graphics,it's not that bad,but have you noticed the tree in starglade near one of the portals,and in Heavenly Isle,in that building thingie that you can go through the walls sorta o-o same with gg....
                  (S6)Wisteria889
                  Class: Mage
                  Server:Windshear Peaks
                  Level:70+
                  Plane:Eidolon
                  Honor:Viceroy
                  Guild: (S6)SteinsGate
                  Proud player since 2011
                  ♥~Thank you for everything~♥

Comment

^ I'm not so sure why you have a single object as a counter-argument to debunk my claim about this game's graphics.

I am looking in its overall theme and cohesiveness in terms of design. And for a browser game, it is actually above satisfactory.

Additionally, I did not made this thread to ask whether a change is possible or not (though of course I wouldn't be making this without a small intention to know if we can actually do something about the issues). Maybe try to discuss whether my claims are valid or not.

I've yet to experience myself many in-game mechanics and systems so I can't say anything about the game's balance.
                    (S43)BryanPanda

Comment

I just want to bump this since no one even bothered to discuss this. I believe the issues are worth discussing.
                      (S43)BryanPanda

Comment

All the names do take away from the graphics, and when you go into Island of Blessing the names are removed, it does help cut down on lag. I don't see this ever changing. When the lag monsters swallows you and you disconnect in the middle of something you enjoy just think about how much fun it will be when you try again, lmao.
                        "The freedom we believe we have is an illusion. Open your mind and see the truth of this world!"

Comment

Working...
                        X