Ladder party idea?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ladder party idea?

Okay,so earlier I just did ladder and one of our DPS disconnected suddenly.He then got kicked out of ladder which was quite bad since I'm the DPS left.I Hate it when that happens.So I thought of an idea about parties.This idea is (In my own opinion)pretty good.I think if someone disconnects you shouldn't be able to move on until he has returned.Also I think that you shouldn't be kicked out of ladder.So basically it's like this.1.Someone DCs 2.Party Leader must wait for the player who disconnected to move onto the next level.3.The player who disconnected SHOULD NOT get kicked out of ladder since it's horrible when it happens,since a wasted run with no or few exp.......Well that's my suggestion.I don't know if this is suggested already or not.Thanks for reading =)

~A player,
    PhoenixKing,S30
    IGN:PhoenixKing/PhoenixBuff
    Server:Altar of Sacrifice(Merged with Tree of Life,S25,S28]
    Level:65+/35
    Class/Build:Hybrid Knight/Holy Priest

Guild:Imperium / Imperium
    PhoenixKing ready to help 24/7!

I also hate when this happens but if party leaders all of a sudden lost the ability to kick members etc. it would be extremely frustrating and destroy the point. People could abuse this by d/cing as soon as they enter ladder and return at there own time of convenience. What would solve this which I also would love is that when you d/c you don't get kicked out of ladder but simply reappear where you left off like how it used to be but fix the problem where you log back on and the mobs have respawned.
    Server: (S6)Windshear Peaks
    Player: (S6)Austin
    Spouse: (S6)Wisteria889
    Level: 76+ Scion

Comment

Originally posted by austinchicken View Post
      What would solve this which I also would love is that when you d/c you don't get kicked out of ladder but simply reappear where you left off like how it used to be but fix the problem where you log back on and the mobs have respawned.
      I disagree with this. People will disconnect on purpose and meet up with the party at a higher floor- too much room for abuse there.

Better way would be to halt the party on the floor with the usual "all party members must be on the same floor" until the person reconnects or is removed from the party.
      New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post
        I disagree with this. People will disconnect on purpose and meet up with the party at a higher floor- too much room for abuse there.

Better way would be to halt the party on the floor with the usual "all party members must be on the same floor" until the person reconnects or is removed from the party.
        i agree and also sometimes people get disconnected by maybe a blackout which happens everyday at my area or maybe some internet malfunction so better thing is to make a count down like thing so like lets take 10 mins for example if someone DCed in ladder the party will not be able to move up the floors until the person comes back and if by chance the person does not come back before the count down ends (10 mins) then he or she will be automatically be kicked out of the party so the others can move on this way people can't purposely disconnect themselves and also the ladder party cannot move up the floors till he or she comes back or until the countdown ends this way its less amount of abuse.

Oh forgot to mention if everyone in the party disconnects then simply the party and the players r automatically kicked out like usual

HAVE A GREAT DAY
        Learn the search function and use the search function help r2 by reducing the threads which might have already been posted

I am a 100% Noob

I AM STILL PURE NON CASHER WHO WILL NOT SPEND

Become a friend and be kind

hate and violence only brings wars which will lead to casualties

MY GUIDES:
        [Guide-How to reduce lag]

I THANK YOU FOR YOUR HARD WORK

Comment

Originally posted by Hyorinmaru6 View Post
          i agree and also sometimes people get disconnected by maybe a blackout which happens everyday at my area or maybe some internet malfunction so better thing is to make a count down like thing so like lets take 10 mins for example if someone DCed in ladder the party will not be able to move up the floors until the person comes back and if by chance the person does not come back before the count down ends (10 mins) then he or she will be automatically be kicked out of the party so the others can move on this way people can't purposely disconnect themselves and also the ladder party cannot move up the floors till he or she comes back or until the countdown ends this way its less amount of abuse.
          I should've thought of this. Genius idea right there.
          Server: (S6)Windshear Peaks
          Player: (S6)Austin
          Spouse: (S6)Wisteria889
          Level: 76+ Scion

Comment

Normally you don't get kicked out of ladder if at least 1 member is still on the same floor as you. However, from what I have seen, the reason for getting booted from ladder is when you are stuck at loading the next floor, and the leader with other members move to the next floor (allowed by the system because even though you can't load, the system indicates that you are on the same floor as the party already) and results in the stuck member to be kicked.
            I suggest that instead of allowing the leader to go to next floor when everyone is on the same floor, they should change it so that the leader can only move to the next floor when everyone is out of the stealth buff (ie. player has moved or 1 minute has passed, which is more than enough for the player to realize that he is currently stuck and refresh before the pt moves on)

Also, it seems to me that instances (ladder and dungeon) will be destroyed if no one is online in them, and thus kicking the person out upon relog (if the person is the only 1 in the instance). So another solution to this that can solve both dungeon and ladder problem would be to change the code where it "removes instances when no one is inside" to "remove instances when everyone has moved out with normal mean (NPC) or pt is disbanded". But for this to work, another change need to be done: do not let pt to be disbanded automatically when everyone in the pt is offline (because if this is not changed, then if you DC in dungeons while solo'ing, the system will still disband pt and then remove the dungeon)

Comment

Originally posted by Hyorinmaru6 View Post

Oh forgot to mention if everyone in the party disconnects then simply the party and the players r automatically kicked out like usual

HAVE A GREAT DAY
              what he said and when did u start reading my books man
              FALL INTO DESPAIR AND I SHALL REAP YOUR PATHETIC MORTAL SOULS
              RRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWAAA

Comment

Originally posted by R21892248 View Post
                Normally you don't get kicked out of ladder if at least 1 member is still on the same floor as you. However, from what I have seen, the reason for getting booted from ladder is when you are stuck at loading the next floor, and the leader with other members move to the next floor (allowed by the system because even though you can't load, the system indicates that you are on the same floor as the party already) and results in the stuck member to be kicked.
                I suggest that instead of allowing the leader to go to next floor when everyone is on the same floor, they should change it so that the leader can only move to the next floor when everyone is out of the stealth buff (ie. player has moved or 1 minute has passed, which is more than enough for the player to realize that he is currently stuck and refresh before the pt moves on)A

Also, it seems to me that instances (ladder and dungeon) will be destroyed if no one is online in them, and thus kicking the person out upon relog (if the person is the only 1 in the instance). So another solution to this that can solve both dungeon and ladder problem would be to change the code where it "removes instances when no one is inside" to "remove instances when everyone has moved out with normal mean (NPC) or pt is disbanded". But for this to work, another change need to be done: do not let pt to be disbanded automatically when everyone in the pt is offline (because if this is not changed, then if you DC in dungeons while solo'ing, the system will still disband pt and then remove the dungeon)
                Certainly agree with all of this.I really hope R2 tries to do it.
                IGN:PhoenixKing/PhoenixBuff
                Server:Altar of Sacrifice(Merged with Tree of Life,S25,S28]
                Level:65+/35
                Class/Build:Hybrid Knight/Holy Priest

Guild:Imperium / Imperium
                PhoenixKing ready to help 24/7!

Comment

Working...
                X