+Bound items+

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• +Bound items+

alright so lately i have been receiving a lot of bound items which are way above my level atm, and these are items i see other players struggling to get and sadly though i can't use them yet i cant give to them either so if i can't use them why can't i unbind and give it to others?

Reason: because people with alt accounts will take advantage of the unbind situation

solution:a new setting, "Main character" each player will be required to set a main character out of the alternatives they have (no need to delete or deactivate others) and once chosen can't be changed unless there is some sort of a fee (to keep people from switching back and forth though i dont know who has that much time on their hands), the point is in the main account you are allowed to unbind items/receive normal items instead and trade with them freely so it wont clutter your vault/inventory and also provide a better trading system .

advantage: people who's level is too low to utilize the bound items may trade them for other items of their level whose high leveled owners dont mind giving up! and it is a win-win situation for both parties!

Don't think it's possible...
    This Is A Computer Generated Post, No Signature Is Required.

Comment

Its fine as it is. R2 is going in the right direction fazing out alts. Thats one of the reasons for lag, people logging in 200-300alts per server for each event. (not per person but in total i mean)

Comment

Originally posted by XxMoonRosexX View Post
        alright so lately i have been receiving a lot of bound items which are way above my level atm, and these are items i see other players struggling to get and sadly though i can't use them yet i cant give to them either so if i can't use them why can't i unbind and give it to others?

Reason: because people with alt accounts will take advantage of the unbind situation

solution:a new setting, "Main character" each player will be required to set a main character out of the alternatives they have (no need to delete or deactivate others) and once chosen can't be changed unless there is some sort of a fee (to keep people from switching back and forth though i dont know who has that much time on their hands), the point is in the main account you are allowed to unbind items/receive normal items instead and trade with them freely so it wont clutter your vault/inventory and also provide a better trading system .

advantage: people who's level is too low to utilize the bound items may trade them for other items of their level whose high leveled owners dont mind giving up! and it is a win-win situation for both parties!
        Erm...I don't think you thought this through.

People with alts typically don't just have many toons on one accounts, they have multiple toons on many accounts.
        So Acc1 = a, b,c
        Acc2 = d,e,f
        Acc3 = g,h, i
        Now, I wasn't sure exactly what you meant by your system as it was a little ambiguous. I understood it in 2 ways:
        Way 1: you mean we could choose a main toon from an account.
        If on each of these accounts, I set a toon as main, I'd now have 3 toons that could trade.

Now, you might say "but you can only set it on one account". How's R2 going to restrict throughout multiple accounts? It's not like they have a list of who owns what accounts and they can't use IP since , believe it or not, sometimes 2 different people might play on the same IP (kids playing at the library, siblings/family/spouses at home, etc...)

So if they can't really restrict our accounts, that means each account could have a main so suddenly the alt abusers end up with a toon of "mains". And those who plan on making more alts will simply use more accounts, rather than multiple toons per account, to further abuse it.

Way 2: you meant we could choose one account that could have free trade across all toons. Once again, this would create a bunch of issues as it'd have to be IP based and that'd complicate things for people who play/created accounts on public computers and people who live together. But even if we ignored that, it'd mean a person would have free reign over 3 toons on that account, so more alt abusing.

So either way I try to work with your suggestion, it's completely unworkable...
        Last edited by (S14)Squintina; 08-05-2013, 04:01 PM.
        (S14)Squintina
        LVL 140 eidolon hybrid holy-focus priest

(S14)Bluespark
        LVL 55 eidolon ice mage

Guides

Comment

Working...
        X