A few suggestions, major and minor.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few suggestions, major and minor.

I have but a few suggestions I would like to make. Some may have been covered before, but I digress, time spent searching is a tad wasteful. Anywho, on with the show.

1. Not sure how exactly to call this, but it's a big issue, especially in events like the current one. Kill Stealing is a major issue. One that frustrates many. While this topic is mentioned here, I didn't feel like replying to it AND making a new topic. For that, I apologize.

What I propose is a system that binds a monster to the initial attacker (and his party), which would stop Kill Stealing. However, said monster would unbind if the attacker(s) either die or move out of a set range from the monster. This may cause trouble in PvP servers, with killing the attacker, so the monster is free to be re-bound.

Now, however, this shouldn't be mixed up with simply aggroing the mob. One must actually strike the monster for it to bind.
    This is just my take on a solution to the issue of stealing kills.

2. Revamping the Word Filter: This is just a minor issue, but a niusance none-the-less. While I totally understand the point behind the filter, some of the words filtered are a tad bit ridiculous. For example: You can say "sodomy," but you cannot say "enema." So, it's alright for the first word, but don't you dare speak of a pharmaceutical product. Are the words acetaminophen and aspirin filtered, as well?

Then you have words that get mid-filtered. Prime example being "amusement," which appears with a string of asterisks in the middle of it. Pain-staking process when you have to wait out the spam timer so you break the word, so people will know what you're speaking of.

3. Auction "House" - A feature MANY MMOs have. Yes, there is the player shops, and I'm not asking for that feature to be removed. But with Auctions, that can give many people the chance at certain, rare items, instead of just the first person to get there. Of course, your typicals of auctioning should be featured: Standard Bidding and Buyout pricing.

As an added bonus, you could make Crystals available for Auction. (Which can also increase your (R²'s) income.)

4. A Second Starglade - No, I'm not suggesting that there be another Starglade map, but what I am suggesting is that you give Tree of Life, which has most of the same things as Starglade, the same NPCs (or at least similar) as Starglade. Yeah, there's a Vault already. And a somewhat defunct Event Master. But it does lack things like the Gate Guard (for the Daily Hunt), an up-to-date Event Master, a Quarter Master, and many others. Also, you could make it so that Player Shops can be opened there.

My reasoning for this is two. Firstly, I detest going into Starglade most of the time. I'm on an older computer(needs work, that I haven't had the time to do), and more often than not, I lag to the point that my character "skips" across the city, leaving the camera behind. This could help with that, especially right before event times, such as Sengolia. Secondly, it may help to balance out the server load. While I'm not sure how your servers are set up, (one server, linked servers, etc.) it may help to balance out some of the load, if there's another hangout spot other than Starglade.

There are just a few things I thought of. Take them how you will.

I agree with them, but doesnt really matter to me about the second starglade. Especially the word filter. I typed hooray, and it came out as ****ay........
    Gone... for now,

~~~Non-Casher~~~

"He who knows when he can fight and when he cannot, will be victorious"
    -Sun Tzu

Comment

Tree of Life already has a Battlemaster, you can enter Sengolia etc. from the tree of life all you want. Check it out.
      Server: (S6)Windshear Peaks
      Player: (S6)Austin
      Spouse: (S6)Wisteria889
      Level: 76+ Scion

Comment

Originally posted by austinchicken View Post
        Tree of Life already has a Battlemaster, you can enter Sengolia etc. from the tree of life all you want. Check it out.
        Where is Battle master ? in tree of life ?
        Click image for larger version

Name:	where 1.png
Views:	1
Size:	550.8 KB
ID:	1660168
        Click image for larger version

Name:	where 2.png
Views:	1
Size:	548.1 KB
ID:	1660169
        Learn the search function and use the search function help r2 by reducing the threads which might have already been posted

I am a 100% Noob

I AM STILL PURE NON CASHER WHO WILL NOT SPEND

Become a friend and be kind

hate and violence only brings wars which will lead to casualties

MY GUIDES:
        [Guide-How to reduce lag]

I THANK YOU FOR YOUR HARD WORK

Comment

i agree with all his suggestions, tree of life should have all the same options as starglade is my favorite suggestion

Comment

Originally posted by 26Fish View Post
            i agree with all his suggestions, tree of life should have all the same options as starglade is my favorite suggestion
            i like this suggestion too cause it might reduce the annoying lag which everyone suffers from (not talking about those who r using a different system with different os something which does not make u lag)
            Learn the search function and use the search function help r2 by reducing the threads which might have already been posted

I am a 100% Noob

MY GUIDES:

Comment

+1 to every suggestion minus the last one i believe the 2nd Starglade, i dont really see the necessity of it ..

Comment

Originally posted by SayianSaga View Post
                +1 to every suggestion minus the last one i believe the 2nd Starglade, i dont really see the necessity of it ..
                second starglade = less people on 1st starglade = less lag with less amount on shops on one place (making it like a fish market)

I am a 100% Noob

MY GUIDES:

Comment

me approving kill stealing and second starglade
                  They told me that to make you fall in love with me, I had to make you laugh...
                  But everytime you laugh, I'm the one who falls in love...

Comment

Originally posted by Hyorinmaru6 View Post
                    second starglade = less people on 1st starglade = less lag with less amount on shops on one place (making it like a fish market)
                    If the 2nd Starglade would be done, people would flood it too just like normal Starglade..just think about it.Thats why i said i dont see the necesity of it, i already myself hanging in Tree of Life and what i need to do in Starglade im doing it there anyways with the lag and all,i dont like it ofcourse but oh well what can we do.

Comment

Working...
                    X