** Time for a Crowd-Pleaser patch R2 **

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ** Time for a Crowd-Pleaser patch R2 **

First and foremost, thanks for a fun game! CS is a great way to pass the time, and it's been a long time since I've invested myself even remotely into a game of this nature.

Now, on to the gritty. My suggestion is for R2 games to do what I like to affectionately call a "Crowd-Pleaser" patch. This patch would consist of a whole slew of fixes/updates improvements to make the game better for everyone, equally, with no separation of casher/non-casher. This is a compilation of previous posts by other players as well as a few of my own ideas and I believe implementing even a few of these ideas will help improve your customer satisfaction by leaps and bounds.

Maps/Instances/NPCs
    • Even out the number of instances (ie. Bloodfang/Aurora) - Some have 3, some have 5, some have 840.
    • Update the Teleporter NPCs to better reflect the current state of the game - Overall, more teleport options is better.
    • Change/fix the need to dismount/disband/put pet away before entering instances.
    • Update the General Krahn daily exchanges. The items required are ridiculous. Take a look at the GMUT exchange (a whole whopping one (1) GMUT) ... I'll wait here. Did you look? Ya, exactly.
    • Easier method of selling items to NPC. A whole variety of ideas have been proposed. Pick one and run with it!
    • Disconnect while in instance shouldn't kick you out of said instance.

Guild Related
    • Guild quests - Guild quests are a first-come first-serve system meaning that players who normally play during the reset grab them all. How about evening this out somehow?
    • In the guild members list, add a column for "Class" so we can better identify who does what, especially handy when putting together groups for ladder etc.

Items/Item Synthesis
    • Remove the 99 item limit on health/mana orbs.
    • A one-time attribute reset card event wouldn't be a bad idea. I can only imagine how many players aren't playing certain characters because of misplaced stats.
    • The ability to pick up stackable items when inventory full (I'm a developer, this can't possibly be that hard to resolve...)
    • Make pack expanders available via some method other than the Dragon Hunt.
    • Remove the purified crystal requirement from Essences/potions. Nobody in their right mind is going to use purified crystals for that, so why not make the function useable to the masses?
    • Item synthesis/gem exchange - add a counter as opposed to the up/down arrow - my mouse finger thanks you in advance.
    • The ability to break down gems.
    • The possibility of returning a PORTION of materials upon failure when synthesizing items?

Other/Various
    • AFK mode improvements - staying near torches, more options for item/equipment pickup etc.
    • Shared vault page per account - Wouldn't it be nice to have a page that all three (3) of your characters could store stuff in and trade amongst themsevles? eg. [page 1][page 2][shared]
    • Take a look at revising/cleaning up the system messages/banner messages. Just overall, it needs a look. Not only do the banner messages make things unclickable, but many of those messages and system messages are completely redundant at this point.
    • The lucky star system - The idea of a points system is good. The lucky star system is ****. Honestly, it means absolutely nothing. What is the max number of stars? A points system means nothing when you have NO IDEA HOW HIGH IT GOES. Can't this be changed to a percentage? At least then it gives people some hope.
    • Change character look - So, I have my character screen, my character icon in the top left corner and my actual in-game character. Every single one of them looks different. To make matters worse, I'm a male priest (otherwise known as a little blond-haired half-female looking weirdo). Let's fix this shall we?
    • Allow gold to be stored in bank - Pretty straight forward
    • Ability to change name/guild name - I know this is likely never going to happen and is considerably more difficult to implement. Thought I would include it here anyway as it would be a welcome addition.
    • Ability to duel 1v1/2v2 etc?
    • Hide Pet option - We can hide characters/effects. That does nothing for the 20+ BAs and DKs standing in Starglade.
    • Make trade chat actually worthwhile - The trade channel is useless. How about making the trade channel chat only appear when ... you have the trade channel selected?
    • A mail system would be unbelievably helpful... trading between your characters is painstaking...
    • A level seperation of some sort for Sengolia. I can't even imagine the pain the newer players feel walking into that scion-nightmare. Run a half screen, get one shot. Wait 5-7 seconds, repeat.

Feedback appreciated, acknowledgement from R2 requested.

Think of the people! THE PEOPLE!!

And again, if anyone that reads this has any other ideas for long-overdue fixes, nice-to-haves etc, please feel free to write them below.

Cheers!
    B
    Last edited by Tragic_BKC; 08-24-2012, 04:13 PM.

The Shared vault idea, ; there's few hints in the game that they were going to do this ; makes me wonder why it hasn't happened yet (IE things that can't be placed in the vault : lolzwha?)

as far as your seng level seperation ; I propose one for scions one for mortals not cause of the one shot by scions ; but because of the UNBALANCE even with the balancing buff... (LOLs ikr). The unbalance being:

Scions control Seng: it ends when they want it to end, all they really have to do is hit a crystal like 6 times and seng is over. So yeah, getting 1shot isn't my problem with seng, walking in and having an hour time limit to take out a crystal and having the crystal downed in 5-10 minutes, is not only boring but defeats the purpose of a time limit to begin with, sort of reminds you of the VIP lottery yeah? how it was always 'sold out' within 30 seconds of reset?

as for the rest, I unno :/ I'm indefifferent.
    VIP (S27)Catastrophe @ Celestial Palace
    61: Earl
    Teeka (NaughtyNurse) she spanks with that fan beware =x
    Married to GTFO

Comment

I already did make a thread about unbalanced Sengolia Battlegrounds but they always say that its our motivation to do good and be strong. The thing is how can a low level player be strong if he/she got always herself killed by those strong scions.

If you get killed always,it will make you feel bad,it will discourage you on continuing the game.
      "80s music, the greatest era of being in love."
      Character Name: Margareta
      Baby Spice from Spice Girls

" I'm a girl who loves pink, I'm the pinkest in the server."
      :oFavorite Song:

Server: The Void
      Level 82 Eidolon Protection Knight
      Genbu Rider

:mad:
      Helpful Threads:

Comment

Originally posted by Greendaryl View Post
        I already did make a thread about unbalanced Sengolia Battlegrounds but they always say that its our motivation to do good and be strong. The thing is how can a low level player be strong if he/she got always herself killed by those strong scions.

If you get killed always,it will make you feel bad,it will discourage you on continuing the game.
        There is no way to balance seng. Move the scions to their own seng and watch the complaints continue to roll in about anyone over lvl 80. A level 40 scion isn't much stronger than a lvl 40 mortal, so they will still be slaughtered by a lvl 100 scion.

So, the next suggestion will be to have seng in level brackets. Okay, but what about when there's only a few people in a level bracket? Better yet, what about the low end versus high end of the bracket- the low end will still get killed a lot.

Then you're forgetting how awful seng is on new servers where everyone is under level 50 (not counting cashers, who if done right will be a bit stronger than everyone else). Spending an entire hour going through the fight-die-revive routine just for a tie isn't fun at all. Separating out people who can actually kill the crystal from the low levels doesn't help them any, just makes them get even more frustrated over rarely having a winning team.

With so many ways to get silver badges in the game, is there really a need to change seng?

To the original poster:

I like the ideas about synthesizing, the idea about adding classes to the guild member list, the dismounting to enter mountable places, and the hiding of pets (sometimes finding the ladder npcs is like a bad game of where's waldo).

I don't want my character to stick to a torch. So, if it's ever implemented (and I don't think it should be, standing by a torch should be viewed as a sort of reward for staring at your screen while grinding) then it better come with a way to turn it off.

Sharing a vault between characters on the same account- what about the bound stuff? 3 characters per account, that's a lot of bound items that could be traded between them, totally ruining the purpose of bound items.

And I will never understand the need for gold to be stored anywhere. Only reason I've seen this suggested is by people who admit to having no self-control who go and spend all their gold when they "meant to save it". It serves no purpose unless gold were to drop in pvp.
        New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

Guild Related•Guild quests - Guild quests are a first-come first-serve system meaning that players who normally play during the reset grab them all. How about evening this out somehow?
          •In the guild members list, add a column for "Class" so we can better identify who does what, especially handy when putting together groups for ladder etc.
          Us Gms could do with knowing how much total contibuteion please like Wartune!!!!
          User:Patrick2675
          Class:Mage
          Guild:thenemy
          Server: The Wilterlands

My guides <---Mages/Easy pet leveling ---> Weekly events and promotions--->

Comment

There should be Sengolia Battlegrounds for Mortals and Scions. It should be separated. Well, this is just a suggestion but I think it will help a lot to those low level players to match with there opponents.

Me encanta aportar ideas.
            "80s music, the greatest era of being in love."
            Character Name: Margareta
            Baby Spice from Spice Girls

" I'm a girl who loves pink, I'm the pinkest in the server."
            :oFavorite Song:

Server: The Void
            Level 82 Eidolon Protection Knight
            Genbu Rider

:mad:
            Helpful Threads:

Comment

the thing is with seng, when a server hasnt got many players on it spliting seng would mean 5-6 people per seng, maybe something different needs to be thought of,

so we have a leveler buff, pretty helpful to some, needs a bit of a tweak if u ask me, not to an extant where high level players are the same as low levels, but where a few low levels could actually beat a high level, well, that depends on the high levels class.

perhaps something like a class balancer buff? theres alot of priests that suffer in seng due to not having enough damage to succesfully kill people for silver badges, so maybe increasing their damage slightly though the problem with that is their AoE's are a pain already so making them even stronger would be just ugh.

Mages can AoE kill anyone with some skill (cant remember name) but it does like 120k damage to everyone in it, total bleh, so decreasing mages overall damage is the only option for that, but as always theres a problem, many mages would not like the idea of that at all...

Rogues can stealth then appear and kill then stealth without anyone noticeing then again its always been like that in seng and outside so id say thats the only thing currently fair in seng :P

knights have insane health, defences and a pretty decent attack but since they haveta get close to fight its ok, though their skills make it a bit unfair with their dragonhook and stun combo.

and rangers, *shiver* i dont even want to talk about them a good ranger is the ultimate 1v1 machine,

overall id say mages dominate seng with that annoying AoE.... grrrr... *rages*

so spliting seng or making some sorta balancer buff would have to many problems. so ima look at an suggestion of mine.

what if there was a Skill balancer in seng, it wouldnt make high levels suffer for being high levels and it would increase the overall balance in seng so everyone can have fun.

i havnt really thought about how it would work but the reason im saying this is cause of that mages AoE skill... grrr.... make that a non critting skill or something in seng i mean GESH

*ahem* and on that note im ending this post >.>

Comment

Shame, I thought this would get more positive feedback.

Ah well.

Comment

+1 for the practicality of your suggestions
                  IGN: Sigrun
                  Server: Windshear Peaks
                  [Eidolon]lvl 120 Hybrid Mage
                  [Eidolon]lvl 120 Hybrid Priest alt: Saeunn
                  Proud owner of an [Eidolon]lvl 120 husband, parallel parked outside

Wartune Temple of Ibalize
                  Sigrun
                  Mage lvl 38

Comment

Working...
                  X