Avernal Portal Exploit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avernal Portal Exploit

Ok, I know there's been several suggestions regarding the Avernal portals (most coming from melees of course), but have been shut down by other people. I feel this exploit just makes knights and mostly rogues useless in this battleground against any one/group organized enough to keep the boss at the portal at all times. I've seen countless occasions of melees catching up to ranged players in the rankings then someone (an alt/guild member/friend..etc.) starts knocking/dragging the boss to the portal. Pet damage is counted in avernal, if I have to change my pet just drag that boss out i lose dps and guess what, it gets knockback in the corner before the pet skill comes back up again. Furthermore if I cant even reach the boss sometimes to get my pet to start attacking. How do you propose we drag it? So stop suggesting drag as a solution to this problem. It's a skill we don't have full control over while those pulling/knocking back the boss can do so at their leisure. It may be a solution but not a good one.

Some previous suggestions were:

- Make the boss immune to knockback. Argument: removing the boss from an aoe to reduce dps is "strategy" - Valid argument
    - Turn off knockback/pull skills in Avernal. Argument: Turning off skills from some players is unfair as it is a source of dmg - Valid argument
    - Make the boss reset when sent near the portal. Argument: Can be exploited so the boss never dies, aka endless dps without having to move. Also a valid argument

So what's left?

I suggest changing the Portals into NPCs that have to be clicked to port you to the next platform. Something like the Psycho Npcs. That way knockbacks/pulls can still be used to hinder melees and remove boses from aoes but not completely stop dps by making the boss unhittable to those that cant reach it. Ranged players shouldn't have a problem with this since it won't affect their dps at all (unless of course you love exploiting the portals).

The game is suppose to be balanced (or as close to it as possible) yet this battleground is heavily sided to ranged dps because of this exploit. Please fix it.

Comment Away.
Working...
X