Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• System Announcement Suggestion/Alternative

Im not sure if this is possible.
    But it would be ideal for myself and im not sure who else, that the chat window not get massive spam with information, and there be a place that we can check the information quickly and easily without having to scroll up the chat window, or jump to a forum thread.

So my suggestion is having an Editable information button.

So that the System message can be almost 1 line in length.
    Example:
    "New news update, click the Information button for more details"

To explain what im suggestion i created some images.
    I used the most recent update that system spammed us with, to help emphasize this suggestion.

This image shows the new Information Icon, that would help communicate with the players without spamming them.

This screenshot is what would happen if i clicked the Information button.

Would this be a better solution than seeing this in your chat window?
    Last edited by Witch_s65; 11-04-2013, 12:24 PM.

i dunno some important info needs to be broadcasted in public like that,there has been whiney babies that QQ cuz they didn't see the message ex: server mait or so on... so they'd just whine and QQ cuz i highly doubt they'd look in a icon for information so spamming it for all to see pretty much = most if not all got the message

Comment

Originally posted by Aionyx View Post
      i dunno some important info needs to be broadcasted in public like that,there has been whiney babies that QQ cuz they didn't see the message ex: server mait or so on... so they'd just whine and QQ cuz i highly doubt they'd look in a icon for information so spamming it for all to see pretty much = most if not all got the message
      Really?
      So if System was "hey click the news button we got some new news", people would still complain?
      Even if they could click the button anytime they wished to see that news, people would still complain?

Im not 100% sure you read the text at the top of the post and just looked at the pictures for popup flaps.
      Or do you favor the 3rd image above? over the 2 before it?
      Last edited by Witch_s65; 11-04-2013, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Witch_s65 View Post
        Really?
        So if System was "hey click the news button we got some new news", people would still complain?
        Even if they could click the button anytime they wished to see that news, people would still complain?

Im not 100% sure you read the text at the top of the post and just looked at the pictures for popup flaps.
        Or do you favor the 3rd image above? over the 2 before it?
        its not that its a bad idea... its just from experiance i've see ppl QQ over not seeing a announcement in WC windows if they supposedly can't see that,u think they would look for news? 80% i'd geuss don't even go to forums... thats why they spam it now for all to see so theres not even the slightest excuse as to "oh gee i never seen that message QQ i want reimburst for the ladder u ruined QQ" <--- just an example

Comment

Originally posted by Aionyx View Post
          its not that its a bad idea... its just from experiance i've see ppl QQ over not seeing a announcement in WC windows if they supposedly can't see that,u think they would look for news? 80% i'd geuss don't even go to forums... thats why they spam it now for all to see so theres not even the slightest excuse as to "oh gee i never seen that message QQ i want reimburst for the ladder u ruined QQ" <--- just an example
          I don't follow..
          My suggestion would still have the system announcement, but it would be shortened to 1 line, that would direct them to the News button.

Comment

See now I actually see this as being a possible way to stop the people whining about stuff like not seeing the maintenance announcement. (Even though most people are retarded when they complain about it since Maintenance is at the same damn time every single week lol)

Anyways, I see that if it was news for something like maintenance, then they could put a timer on it in the news window. Or whatever.

I do not see this as being a bad idea, I dont mind it. It could always contain a link to the patch notes and whatnot every week, which would be nice, since people are dumb and I am sick of telling people every single week to "go read the forum and it will tell you about the events, etc" So I think that would be awesome.

I like it. I think that it would be somewhat helpful, depending on the way that it was implemented.
            Server: (S39) Erie Marsh
            Character: Jessie
            Class: Priest
            Level: 106+
            Plane Eidolon
            Guild DarkCrusade

“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”

Comment

Originally posted by JessieAileen View Post
              See now I actually see this as being a possible way to stop the people whining about stuff like not seeing the maintenance announcement. (Even though most people are retarded when they complain about it since Maintenance is at the same damn time every single week lol)

Anyways, I see that if it was news for something like maintenance, then they could put a timer on it in the news window. Or whatever.

I do not see this as being a bad idea, I dont mind it. It could always contain a link to the patch notes and whatnot every week, which would be nice, since people are dumb and I am sick of telling people every single week to "go read the forum and it will tell you about the events, etc" So I think that would be awesome.

I like it. I think that it would be somewhat helpful, depending on the way that it was implemented.
              I agree 100%
              How could people ever QQ again when all the latest news is at the click of a button.. always..

Comment

In the very least, this button could be a javascript, that opens a little popup HTML window with all news, this way they would not need to do an update each time to update the news.
                It could all be done quickly each time this way, then System can do a red text post saying news page is updated.

Comment

Working...
                X