More Soul Shards

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Soul Shards

I've recently gotten in working with my soul, and I'm always on a shortage of Soul Shards. I've done the recent events and have gone to the Ranger Elder in Starglade to fuse them, but still I am not getting enough. In the cash shop I know that there is a gift pack with 55 Soul Shards, and various other items. What I was thinking was why not remove the other items since they can be easily farmed and instead replace them with more Soul Shards? Serious Cash players would surely buy them if they needed to work on their soul.

My other suggestion for getting more Soul Shards is why not try adding them in Difficult / Nightmare leveled dungeons? I was thinking with dungeons like BC, KD, SR, and all the harder dungeons for players. I think it would make most of the CS players happy - for both the non-cashers and the cashers.

Sorry if this was already suggested, me and a very dear friend of mine were just talking about it and I figured I'd suggest it. >.<

(s38) Shrine of Ariel, (s66) Nightmoor Hollow
    IGN: Mulan, Starz
    Level: lvl 105+ , 55+
    Plane: Eidolon, Mortal
    Class: Rogue, Rogue

Oh, is this the part where I'm supposed to care?

Originally posted by Prettystarz4ever View Post

My other suggestion for getting more Soul Shards is why not try adding them in Difficult / Nightmare leveled dungeons? I was thinking with dungeons like BC, KD, SR, and all the harder dungeons for players. I think it would make most of the CS players happy - for both the non-cashers and the cashers.
    No, that'd be too easy.. How ever more daily Soul Shards exchanges (possibly for Vip members only?) would be nice..
    Stalkers OP.

Best (ex) R2 employee quote: "Be kind to your fellow players ~ you never know when they are alt GMs "

Comment

Well, I meant having the drop rate at a 50% chance of dropping in like a nightmare and difficult level dungeon, or have 25% drop rate chance in difficult and a 50% chance in nightmare. I've seen that a few people were talking about it before and I think it's a good idea. It'd help those who can't cash like others can. It's rough on those who don't cash, but isn't on cashers.
      I was more, or less thinking about the players (such as myself) who hardly ever cash on Crystal Saga and find it difficult with obtaining Soul Shards. I really need them for my Void Sections of soul.

(s38) Shrine of Ariel, (s66) Nightmoor Hollow
      IGN: Mulan, Starz
      Level: lvl 105+ , 55+
      Plane: Eidolon, Mortal
      Class: Rogue, Rogue

Oh, is this the part where I'm supposed to care?

Comment

Originally posted by Prettystarz4ever View Post
        Well, I meant having the drop rate at a 50% chance of dropping in like a nightmare and difficult level dungeon, or have 25% drop rate chance in difficult and a 50% chance in nightmare. I've seen that a few people were talking about it before and I think it's a good idea. It'd help those who can't cash like others can. It's rough on those who don't cash, but isn't on cashers.
        I was more, or less thinking about the players (such as myself) who hardly ever cash on Crystal Saga and find it difficult with obtaining Soul Shards. I really need them for my Void Sections of soul.
        Nope, that'd still be an overkill then it would be just TOO EASY to get ridiculous amount of Soul Shards.
        Stalkers OP.

Best (ex) R2 employee quote: "Be kind to your fellow players ~ you never know when they are alt GMs "

Comment

How about 10% or 20%? and only for dungeons lvl 55+?

That'd make it so that we can get some extra without it being too much...
          (S14)Squintina
          LVL 140 eidolon hybrid holy-focus priest

(S14)Bluespark
          LVL 55 eidolon ice mage

Guides

Comment

Originally posted by (S14)Squintina View Post
            How about 10% or 20%? and only for dungeons lvl 55+?

That'd make it so that we can get some extra without it being too much...
            I'd still prefer something like 3 extra Soul Shards on daily exchange.
            Stalkers OP.

Comment

Originally posted by venomeh View Post
              I'd still prefer something like 3 extra Soul Shards on daily exchange.
              why not have both ? :P
              (S14)Squintina

(S14)Bluespark
              LVL 55 eidolon ice mage

Guides

Comment

why not have both ? :P
                It'd be too much I'd say >.>
                Stalkers OP.

Comment

so then 5%
                  3 + 5% from only high level dungeon major bosses.

55 SR 3 bosses
                  65 KD 3 bosses
                  75 Anastasia only = 3 bosses
                  85 dunno. not there yet. I heard it was 7 bosses o.O

that's 16 bosses x 8 for vip = 128 bosses.
                  Using 5% drop rate as approximation, that's 6-7.
                  So 9-10 extra day. Doesn't seem like much, and if it is the drop rate can be adjusted.
                  (S14)Squintina

(S14)Bluespark
                  LVL 55 eidolon ice mage

Guides

Comment

so then 5%
                    3 + 5% from only high level dungeon major bosses.

55 SR 3 bosses
                    65 KD 3 bosses
                    75 Anastasia only = 3 bosses
                    85 dunno. not there yet. I heard it was 7 bosses o.O

that's 16 bosses x 8 for vip = 128 bosses.
                    Using 5% drop rate as approximation, that's 6-7.
                    So 9-10 extra day. Doesn't seem like much, and if it is the drop rate can be adjusted.
                    yeah so with good Ladder team that'd be 20 Shards per day, and that's a bit too much imo.
                    Stalkers OP.

Comment

Originally posted by venomeh View Post
                      yeah so with good Ladder team that'd be 20 Shards per day, and that's a bit too much imo.
                      The higher level soul nodes require 500+ shards...
                      and like I said it can be adjusted. Make it 1% then.
                      (S14)Squintina

(S14)Bluespark
                      LVL 55 eidolon ice mage

Guides

Comment

Soul is designed to be worked on slowly. 3000 soul progress is meant to be the ultimate goal. Seeing some of the higher up souls you will faint. 200+SS per upgrade. Everyday it's possible to get 6-11 SS technically. Grab yourself a good ladder party and hit those higher levels, I know my party strives for 50+ daily for that extra SS (even though we have 3 lvl 100s).

Doing the maths you will see SS is very hard to get, even harder to save up to higher amounts you will need for later souls. But if you can get them easily, everyone will be stronger and so much faster, soul is a huge boost, I was looking at lvl 8 soul, it gave like 500+ attack boost. If you had the souls easy, then everyone can be mega strong and it will unbalance the game.

Soul can be argued as something for cashers, sure they will manage to get more soul then others and faster, but if you work on it slowly and with patience, it will serve you well.

Remember, soul is worth all the trouble, and if there is something in the game that is harder to get and much more fun, it would be soul. (since mounts and wings have stars, and it totally relies on luck, which can get so frustrating)

Catch whatever soul shard events R2 throws at you, they are a good boost, but otherwise just slowly plod along I guess
                        Last edited by Chelsia; 09-06-2012, 12:26 AM.
                        If I post something really weird that makes no sense whatsoever it means I'm not mentally there at the time I post it (probably sleep deprived)

Character: (S31)Kiesha
                        Server: Tree of Life
                        Plane: Eidolon
                        Class: Hybrid Priest
                        Guild: Harmless

Comment

Working...
                        X