Account deletion policy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Account deletion policy

"R2Games does not allow the deletion of player accounts from our system. I know it seems like a simple request, and this may seem like a strange policy however there are reasons for it. In many cases the deletion of an account is an impetuous/emotional decision. You’d be surprised how many people come back to us a day, a week, a month, even a year later regretting their decision and wanting us to restore their account. Many of them even swore they were sure and they would not change their minds, but then of course they did. As a result it was determined that this policy was the safest option available to us.

Thank you for your understanding and support,

The R2Games Support Elves"

Now, to me this kind of seems a bit "brick wall"-ish? Having absolutely no way to get your account back when you rage quit lol

Why not make them pay so they never do it again? Rather than not letting them get their account back and losing them(and their money) forever, why not make it so that there is a fee to pay? Maybe 10-15$? Maybe even 20? Thankfully, I can say that I have never deleted a character, or an account that I have regretted, the odd alt here and there but no characters that I didn't want to lose.

I just think that, in some cases, playing a character for 2/3 years and paying VIP every month, cashing a blessing, the usual stuff that most people do. And then getting angry one time and deleting it and not being able to get it back would be very frustrating.

So my suggestion is that the policy should be changed and instead of making it impossible to redeem an account, make it so that there is a fee to pay for doing so. or maybe a time to wait, time and money are both things that people would rather not waste.

15/20$ or 30 days of waiting? That would seem more fair to me.
    Last edited by wildcard03; 03-21-2014, 05:05 PM.

i think that is totally understandable good job wildcard'

Comment

Charging a toon-restoration fee doesn't sound bad at all.

Comment

Originally posted by wildcard03 View Post
        "R2Games does not allow the deletion of player accounts from our system. I know it seems like a simple request, and this may seem like a strange policy however there are reasons for it. In many cases the deletion of an account is an impetuous/emotional decision. You’d be surprised how many people come back to us a day, a week, a month, even a year later regretting their decision and wanting us to restore their account. Many of them even swore they were sure and they would not change their minds, but then of course they did. As a result it was determined that this policy was the safest option available to us.

Thank you for your understanding and support,

The R2Games Support Elves"

Now, to me this kind of seems a bit "brick wall"-ish? Having absolutely no way to get your account back when you rage quit lol

Why not make them pay so they never do it again? Rather than not letting them get their account back and losing them(and their money) forever, why not make it so that there is a fee to pay? Maybe 10-15$? Maybe even 20? Thankfully, I can say that I have never deleted a character, or an account that I have regretted, the odd alt here and there but no characters that I didn't want to lose.

I just think that, in some cases, playing a character for 2/3 years and paying VIP every month, cashing a blessing, the usual stuff that most people do. And then getting angry one time and deleting it and not being able to get it back would be very frustrating.

So my suggestion is that the policy should be changed and instead of making it impossible to redeem an account, make it so that there is a fee to pay for doing so. or maybe a time to wait, time and money are both things that people would rather not waste.

15/20$ or 30 days of waiting? That would seem more fair to me.
        What I do is I make sure I get at least 1 crystal on all my alts so no matter how long I'm gone, if I want to come back it will be there. Other players probably do this aswell so not many people will be using this function if its added.
        Originally posted by iTz_SoN
        I will murder everyone I see in GR regardless of level.
        I treat all players equally - so they all die.

Comment

Working...
        X