Fixing the luck system

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fixing the luck system

I think an easy way to fix the frustration people have with the luck system is to have a limit.

For example, some people go all the way up to like 13, or 18 stars just to get a super angel. That's crazy. You can keep the luck system, but once you fill up a certain amount of stars, it should be instant-success.

(In other words, there should be an upper limit. So you could still have good luck at 2 stars, and bad luck at 9 stars, but no superbad luck at 17 stars like some people have reported....)

Here are some possible limits:
    1st-level morphs: 9 stars (Ex: Super angel)
    2nd-level morphs: 12 stars (Ex: Burning angel)
    higher-level morphs: 14 stars (Ex: Ultrasaurus)
    Mut mounts: 6 stars
    Gmut mounts (weaker mounts): 9 stars
    Gmut mounts (better mounts): 12 stars
    Wings: 5 stars at first, but then as the wings get better, it'll increase. Eventually it caps at 13 stars.

I really think having a limit will reduce frustrations because then those who are too unlucky can at least have a specific number to look forward to.

And take away the chance for a MC in daily hunt. Instead, have a guaranteed MC drop after you do all 20 Daily Hunts.
    Last edited by (S14)Squintina; 09-27-2012, 10:51 AM. Reason: clarification
    (S14)Squintina
    LVL 140 eidolon hybrid holy-focus priest

(S14)Bluespark
    LVL 55 eidolon ice mage

Guides

+1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 oh and +1...

Comment

+1 this Squintina
      Alexandriaa S41 lvl 70 Mage 1,223,430 Br (Vip5)

LexÃ*Ã* S42 lvl 70 Hunter 1,299,090 Br (Vip7)

Comment

sometimes,stuck in x0 for first tries..
        IGN: (S24)elfstone
        Class: Hybrid Ranger (STR builder)
        Level: Eidolon (120)
        Pet: Super Demon,Fire Lord,Burning Angel Gen2

Server: (S24)Tundara
        Spouse: ♥ (S24)Cake ♥
        Guild: â€* (S29)UnderWorld â€* :cool:

"Never complain and never explain" by SoFa_kingDom_Potato’̿’̿ ’̿’\̵͇̿̿\з=(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ’̿’

Comment

I agree, remove the luck system altogether. Make it require 9 stars on first morph for example, and you cannot get it any sooner.

Comment

This will defeat the purpose of what we soo called LUCK

* for example a newbie player got and Angel Egg and hatched it and then he/she bought enough Morphed Crystals to get 1 try to super angel and BOOOOOOOOM SUCCESS he/she got very lucky.

* the golds he/she uses was earned through long term saving ingame.

and if you guys want it to have a fixed stars, then newbie players wont have a change for there LUCK since it is fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by ridervend View Post
              This will defeat the purpose of what we soo called LUCK

* for example a newbie player got and Angel Egg and hatched it and then he/she bought enough Morphed Crystals to get 1 try to super angel and BOOOOOOOOM SUCCESS he/she got very lucky.

* the golds he/she uses was earned through long term saving ingame.

and if you guys want it to have a fixed stars, then newbie players wont have a change for there LUCK since it is fixed.
              I'm guessing you're replying to ElusionM, because my suggestion said nothing about removing the luck system - just about capping it so that unlucky people at least have an end in sight.
              (S14)Squintina

(S14)Bluespark
              LVL 55 eidolon ice mage

Guides

Comment

Originally posted by (S14)Squintina View Post
                I'm guessing you're replying to ElusionM, because my suggestion said nothing about removing the luck system - just about capping it so that unlucky people at least have an end in sight.
                my bad the change = chance ^_^

and also i did not mention about removing them

Server: (S7)Cragstone

IGN: (S7)Long4
                Guild: (S7)Neutrals

Comment

Originally posted by S7_Neutrals View Post
                  my bad the change = chance ^_^

and also i did not mention about removing them
                  You said "fixed", which to me is equivalent to removal, but i suppose I should have said that "my suggestion said nothing about having a fixed luck system".

My idea isn't to have a fixed star where everyone gets it at X stars. You can still be lucky and win at early stars, it's just that now there's an upper limit where you instantly win. When you hear how certain people have 15+ or 20+ stars on certain items, it feels very unfair. Having an upper limit would fix that. But it's not a fixed rate because you can still upgrade earlier if you so happen to be lucky.
                  (S14)Squintina

(S14)Bluespark
                  LVL 55 eidolon ice mage

Guides

Comment

Originally posted by (S14)Squintina View Post
                    You said "fixed", which to me is equivalent to removal, but i suppose I should have said that "my suggestion said nothing about having a fixed luck system".

My idea isn't to have a fixed star where everyone gets it at X stars. You can still be lucky and win at early stars, it's just that now there's an upper limit where you instantly win. When you hear how certain people have 15+ or 20+ stars on certain items, it feels very unfair. Having an upper limit would fix that. But it's not a fixed rate because you can still upgrade earlier if you so happen to be lucky.

its R2 decisions after all ^_^

just got my ranger's baby demon to super demon at 15 stars yesterday ^_^ while my priest's baby angel got it only at 6 stars, not so lucky i say,

and by the way fixed will never be equivalent to removal .

all i can say now is just have some fun.
                    even though your not a cash user, im not a cash user but i fairly been able to compete well with cash users through efforts lol hehe,

well, have a nice day ahead and hope to see you ingame if hopefully in the future they will merge all servers,

im from (S7)Cragstone

Server: (S7)Cragstone

IGN: (S7)Long4
                    Guild: (S7)Neutrals

Comment

Originally posted by S7_Neutrals View Post
                      its R2 decisions after all ^_^

just got my ranger's baby demon to super demon at 15 stars yesterday ^_^ while my priest's baby angel got it only at 6 stars, not so lucky i say,

and by the way fixed will never be equivalent to removal .

all i can say now is just have some fun.
                      even though your not a cash user, im not a cash user but i fairly been able to compete well with cash users through efforts lol hehe,

well, have a nice day ahead and hope to see you ingame if hopefully in the future they will merge all servers,

im from (S7)Cragstone
                      Who says I'm not a cash user I do cash occasionally. I just think a lot of grumblings would be appeased if there was an end in sight for those that are very unlucky.
                      (S14)Squintina

(S14)Bluespark
                      LVL 55 eidolon ice mage

Guides

Comment

Working...
                      X