Class Change

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Class Change

With all the advantages posed to rogues in the game, they are almost impossible for people to beat. If a rogue that has spent a fair amount (say $500 US) can easily beat just about any other class that has spent over $2,000 US, then there is an obvious OP ratio to the rogues. I understand they have lower defenses, but when you factor in their monumentally higher DPS, Stealth, Stun, AoE Stun, Vagabond Skill, Movement Speed, vampire/poison passive, ability to ignore all defenses of enemy (PvP or mobs), dodge and crit%, and their huge amount of procs from frag weapon. It makes the game much harder for other classes. Even though there are pets that have the ability to uncloak rogues, that only helps in areas where you can use your pet. Skills that will uncloak a rogue, still doesn't matter when you factor in their DPS, proc % due to supremely high atk spd, dodge and crit %.
    I would really appreciate the ability to change class, being that my game is being ruined by all the rogues out there that can take me out that are MUCH weaker than I and several other players are in DEF and ATK. I have 200% ATK SPD, and am still very easily beaten by a rogue with less than 150% ATK SPD due to how much faster they already attack.
    Now granted, in order to make class change effective it would have to reset all skill and attribute points to zero, and change all equips over to accommodate for the switch. This isn't something that would be able to be widely implemented due to the fact of too many people wanting to switch, but perhaps it could be something that people have to spend a certain amount of crystals to purchase such a change, or the first however many people from each server can change over to see how it goes, or X amount of people can change to each particular class in a given time period.
    I have spent enough on this game to be one of the stronger players, and losing to someone who is relatively new, but chose a rogue toon. Beating me well over half of the time is quite ridiculous. Especially when you look at the difference in our stats.

As desirable [by the public] class changing is, I will say that this suggestion is just wishful thinking. Excluding the fact that everyone will want to hop onto the Rogue bandwagon, there's the game's database you have to consider. The system saves and stores game data in accordance to the progression that toon has made. Suddenly forcing the system to erase all its preexising memory of one's character and expecting it to magically rewrite all the information/steps that toon has undergone just isn't highly feasible.
    Last edited by Reverie; 07-02-2014, 05:11 AM.

Comment

As a rogue I hate, in order; combat rogues, shadow rogues, knights and rangers (they take the same spot) mages, and priests. I'm sure if priests did a few things here and there, they would [put] me off more. Sooo, please no, no switching to rogue
      Last edited by Reverie; 07-02-2014, 11:25 AM. Reason: Replaced censored word.

Comment

as a fellow knight i would HAVE to disagree, yes rogues have increased dodge and 2x hit, but if you are complaining that rogues are your main concern i must ask what level you are and what equips you are using? i can offer a few pointers if you would like, just pm me. rogues in general are easy to dispatch, the toons that are harder for a knight to remove from your path of destruction are in fact rangers and other knights, (if the player of the ranger and knight know how to use them correctly). knights because of their defense reduction and rangers IF they have knockback, the highest self heal in the game, and also they have the furthest range of attack, being around 500. mages are less of a concern due to their squishyness but they CAN have immense attack, not to mention their lightning passive. priests on the other hand, are arguably the most under powered and broken class in CS from r2games, many of their skills are broken and dont work the way they are supposed to compared to other versions of CS. yes they can heal, buff, and debuff, and stun, and have DoT skills.

bottom line is: in the end, the strength of the toon you run, is based upon your knowledge of the toon, and how to use what attack when and how to chain them. also keep in mind that pvp gear is there for a reason.
        (S39)Schrodinger, Eidolon, Knight
        server: Erie Marsh

"Save a life, grope your wife" Breast Cancer awareness
        "Stupid people are like slinkies, they are good for nothing but will bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs."

Comment

I understand that there is a considerable amount of information to be changed over. Yet I have played in other games where the developers worked on situations like this, and were able to offer Class Changes to a select few people to level the playing field. There was a post put out, stating that this was coming up, and that it would be limited. We, the first to undergo and test this change, were also given special rewards for attempting this change as a beta test. It worked out very smoothly, so yes, there is a bit of rewriting and computing that would need to take place. But it would make a lot of people much happier. I know rogues that hate being rogues, and others that would love to change over to another class other than just rogue. But that's just par for the course with r2. If its not a simple and easy adjustment, then why even look into it. Maximum profit, with little to no effort of what the consumers actually want.

Comment

Working...
          X