Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Gemology Guide: the "60 pointers"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gemology Guide: the "60 pointers"

Hello everyone, and welcome to the first installment of a serie of guides I call "The basics"

I'm Caelerys, you can find me in s109 as a Mystic named Cael, or in s186 as an Hunter named Caelerys. I've been playing on my main for 25 Dominations (get used to it, that's how we count time in LoA xD) as of 6/23/2014, hence I started 101 days ago. Do your maths if u have to.

Enough with the chitchat. Gemology. We all know what it is and how it works, right? Well, allow me to doubt it. Let's have a small test, shall we?

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	427.1 KB
ID:	1751966

Pretty basic stuff uh? What do u do? Let me guess:

Name:	1_2.PNG
Size:	424.7 KB
ID:	1751968

That's what most ppl would do. 1 energy, 20 pts. Easy stuff. WRONG!

Name:	1_1.PNG
Size:	421.9 KB
ID:	1751967

2 energy, 50 pts, 25 pts/ene. #math

Do i have your attention now?

It's time to introduce the star of the show, the Rule of the 60 points: "You can only score as much as 60 pts with a single pop".

Basically, this

Name:	3_1.PNG
Size:	412.2 KB
ID:	1751965

is the best move you can get

points go as follow:
    3 > 10pts
    4 > 20pts
    5 > 50pts
    3+3 > 50 pts
    3+4 > 60 pts

popping a 3, then popping another give you 10 pts/ene. Using a preparation move and then popping 2 3s together? 25 pts/ene.

starting to catch up? solve this:

Name:	2.PNG
Size:	419.0 KB
ID:	1751969

there's a lot of easy 3 pointers here, but if u understood the lesson, you tought of this:

Name:	2_2.PNG
Size:	414.2 KB
ID:	1751971

and while not completely bad, the right move here is actually:

Name:	2_1.PNG
Size:	411.7 KB
ID:	1751970

tl;dr: use your brain, don't be afraid of preparation moves, and mind the 60 points rule!
    s109 - Asylum - Cael - 70+ Mystic
    s189 - Mazdari - Caelerys - almost60 Hunter

The Basics : ~ ~ more to come

Cael is always wrong

Thank you. I especially liked the advanced example at the very end.

Comment

Nice guide

Happy Chinese New Year!

Comment

Advance move for additional points..
        Thank you

Comment

on your last example i would clear the red first and drop that blue, so when you do your moves it would also have a 4 blue follow up when the purple and green clear. don't forget when you clear you can get the combos. The purple may accidentally get a 4 when you drop the red but odds are against it. Also in your 60 example in the 4th screenshot, if you take two moves to move the yellows in the middle over one spot each you can get the additional points with those added to your 4, plus big clears usually lead to more additions combos when they drop. If you want to get real fancy use 2 more moves and set up the top yellow for the 3-5 "T" with the 3 red chaser and even move one or both of the blues in the bottom 2 lines then just switch the bottom green back in line and that will give a 3 green popping and the 4 blue when the yellow pops. It will cause huge combo clearing almost every gem on the board. add that one up

Comment

nice one Correllian I will add that up when I get home (with credits of course :P), since that was just a draft and I'm re-formatting it anyway

will also add a list (with images ofc) of some of the more common combination of 50 and 60 pointers
            s109 - Asylum - Cael - 70+ Mystic
            s189 - Mazdari - Caelerys - almost60 Hunter

The Basics : ~ ~ more to come

Cael is always wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Caelerys View Post
              nice one Correllian I will add that up when I get home (with credits of course :P), since that was just a draft and I'm re-formatting it anyway

will also add a list (with images ofc) of some of the more common combination of 50 and 60 pointers
              It is a really nice guide. I just played way too many of the gem matching games. lol

Comment

It helps me a lot though mostly I scored 50pts only and seldom 60pts. Thanks.

Comment

seems after last update we dont get 60 points anymore

Comment

Great guide.....really helps...thanks

Comment

interesting. thought dunno if it's really worth of it to sacrifice often 2 turns for 1 60 point. most of the time when using just 1 normal without preparing can create launch of 60 combo also and it seems to drop pretty often right new ones making combos. sometimes is just better toClick image for larger version

Name:	tumblr_mnbg6nt5uF1qdunrvo5_500.gif
Size:	787.6 KB
ID:	1693594
                      League of angels Rain s114
                      Wartune Froza s374

Nova genesis s43 siria
                      sense of sanity comes from insanity.
                      chill,relax,sit back and eat cookie or if drama just swap for popcorn and laugh

Comment

yeah, nice guide, really helpful for beginners... but truth is luck plays a very important role in gemo... sometimes the gems dont stop exploding and sometimes the brain burns and still the gems keep dropping in the most awkard way...

Comment

nice guide. it really helpful. But sometimes the coloured cubes which we actually needed is far away from our our square combo, so even the beginning we can create 60 point , but the next phase, various colour cubes dropped , make the next phase is, well dont dream about 60 point again. making very basic combo 10 point need 2 movement phase, and for the next it happen too. well call it "lucky star not drop on your head" doesnt matter . hey wait a second!!. what we needed is efficiency . like 20 phase can create 1000 point. hahaha. well thats truly miracle ...

Comment

nice guide ofc but i dont have any patience looking for that move...when i see combo moves i click immediately regardless of how many points it will give as long as i finish gemo especially when you are doing 50k points for tycoon so as to finish it early...looking for it will take several hours of your time and your head will either be dizzy or freaking shut lmao

Comment

Does anyone know how many points ya get 4 1-click option?
                              League of Angels
                              S96 Alanna
                              Beserker lvl 71
                              Fortuna lvl 85
                              Sterling Moonbeam
                              Night Sentinel (Backup)/Beserker Claw/Neredia/Astral Hunter/Valkyrie
                              850k BR+
                              Guild: Legendary
                              Blood and Jade
                              S66 Shanrou lvl 66
                              Bayi/Zhi
                              War Urso 7*
                              45k BR+
                              Guild: Eternal

Comment

Working...
                              X