R2 client is being flagged for a trojan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R2 client is being flagged for a trojan

I have used the R2 client for about a week or so. Today as I was using it, my Kaspersky popped up with an error message on a dll file which was deleted. I then removed and re downloaded another copy and when i tried to install, Kaspersky flagged the install with a trojan. Errors are below. I was using it fine until today so not sure whats going on. Would like to know if this is a problem or a false report of some kind. And if it is false, why today and not when i downloaded first time? Copies of Kaspersky report attached;

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture1.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	102.6 KB
ID:	1779538Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	107.1 KB
ID:	1779539

solution

This program, antivirus. you blocked browsers. try to install (the avast internet segurite). I update it, then delete the customer r2. restarts your computer.
    disable, Shields (segurite avast internet). I installed, the client r2. I then active shields (avast internet segurite). updated, the driver of the game.
    by analysis programs (segurite avast internet). I then enters the customer. I already will be, I played. to the resolution. of 86x.

Comment

I am the founder of the movement wrima

Comment

I think what you are saying is its fine but a/v is flagging it as a false positive? Which may be true, but why did it work for the last week just fine then yesterday they did an update and now my a/v is flaggin it ?

Comment

This is what support page says - "There are no viruses inside the R2Client. This issue is caused by 360 Antivirusmisidentifying our software. We suggest you disable/close your antivirus or choose any other software before continuing to install R2Client." I leave the client open for hours, why would i turn my a/v off that long. And I use Kaspersky. It worked last week, something is different? It was a good idea, but with windows 8 and 10 flash player update, it doesnt work now. Ill go back to browser

Comment

Ok for anyone looking at this I will be fair. I sent this to Kaspersky to check and here is the answer i got - "newvirus@kaspersky.com

11:27 AM (50 minutes ago)

to me
            Hello,

Sorry, it was a false detection. It will be fixed in the next update.
            Thank you for your help.

Best regards,
            Herman Moskalenko

Virus analyst,
            Kaspersky Lab Ltd.

Comment

I am not getting a false positive from anti-virus, mine just simply shuts down now when i try to load a server. will let me log in, but will go no further.

Comment

i will report this with the other issues with client.
                to file a ticket

Comment

its ok Rubedo they said it was bogus and fixed it. Now we just wait for the devs to come back from vacation and fix the flash player problem in the client. I still cannot use it but at least now i can install it

Comment

Working...
                  X