DNS Issue, Temporary Fix.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DNS Issue, Temporary Fix.

For those (And yes i can believe many of you including myself) Wish to log in before this issue is resolved,
    I will post here a link to google DNS information, I will say, only those who are familiar with DNS settings should partake in what i am providing.

There are step by step guides here for many operating systems, and this should allow you to get back online while we wait for a final fix.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience this has caused and are pushing as hard as we can to have this fixed.

-----------> https://developers.google.com/speed/...dns/docs/using <-----------

Alternatively Here is a link with picture guides that may make it alot easier for many people

http://solverbase.com/w/Windows_10:_...ng_DNS_Servers

Also update for Windows Vista users.

Last edited by DemonLOA; 06-08-2016, 11:23 PM.

( just in case you missed them the first time )

this game is pathetic , so those of us not computer programers or hackers are just frigged and for how damn long, ..i'm done with this POS game

Comment

what he said .... smfh

Comment

Originally posted by chicagobeefcake View Post
        this game is pathetic , so those of us not computer programers or hackers are just frigged and for how damn long, ..i'm done with this POS game

There are simple guides there to show you step by step how do to the process,

You don't need to be a hacker or computer programmer to be able to change the DNS settings, Just make sure you read thoroughly the information provided.

Update: I have also added a second link that may be alot easier for many to use
        Last edited by DemonLOA; 06-08-2016, 11:04 PM.

Comment

But some of those work arounds do NOT work even when you follow it all. I tried, and I still get the site can't be reached. All because I'm still running Vista and not Windows 7 or higher. So I am to be punished because I don't have a job to update my OS.

Comment

Originally posted by chicagobeefcake View Post
            it actually worked and was pretty easy, try it! I'm in now

Comment

I don't play a game to become a pc techy person, this might be simple for someone like you but I am not messing with any settings already established in my pc, ( computer illiterate here ) so thank you very much for nothing .. games are for relxtion , not aggrevation, and as of late , the latter is all you get from this game

Comment

Originally posted by R226546506 View Post
                I don't play a game to become a pc techy person, this might be simple for someone like you but I am not messing with any settings already established in my pc, ( computer illiterate here ) so thank you very much for nothing .. games are for relxtion , not aggrevation, and as of late , the latter is all you get from this game
                That's okay we want this to be fixed not just an alternate method of accessing the game, ETA is still unknown at this point, but i am just sharing some information with our players on an issue that i found a temporary fix for.

This will not work for everyone here, also not everyone knows how to do it.

As i stated, (and thank you for reading) Do not try this is you are not confident in your ability to change the DNS settings

Comment

and I can kiss my spot in tycoon good bye , as can this game to any more of my hard earned cash

Comment

Nothing against you as a mod, but this is nothing short of sorry on the part of LOA dev's.....it provides good insight into how much they value us as players. Many of us missed numerous events, not to mention DW, that could have greatly boosted our numbers in Tycoon.....but I'm sure we'll be rewarded with some "valuable compensation" such as a fist-full of gold and a couple hundred vouchers.

Comment

Thank you, was locked out earlier and this fixed it. Easier to use picture one if u want, not that hard.

Comment

Originally posted by SuishokoTaka View Post
                        But some of those work arounds do NOT work even when you follow it all. I tried, and I still get the site can't be reached. All because I'm still running Vista and not Windows 7 or higher. So I am to be punished because I don't have a job to update my OS.

I have just located this document which may assist you on Windows Vista OS

http://virgintech.org/how-to-use-goo...ows-vista.html

Comment

if that much , and thank you vescovi I couldn't have said it any better, and he's right I do know mod is only trying to be helpful and has to take the brunt of the games programmer incompetence

Comment

Oh, I don't hold my anger against the forum mods. They, the developers, had better give better compensation as I couldn't get everything I needed done. I am only able to get onto the game to play during certain times of the day, and UNFORTUNATELY this problem happened during the time I was allowed on.
                            I missed out on quite a few things in the [S42]Paradise Lost server. They had best give the mid way 1 can get for doing all the dailies and anything else we missed out on for being on East Coast, USA.

Comment

Other so doing your job tomorrow unemployed..r2/gta only employees with autism prefer...online game evaluation 1/10

Comment

Working...
                              X