Chat text issue with linux

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chat text issue with linux

While my Macbook Pro is broken, I have been playing LOA on a notebook that uses:

ElementaryOS (linux)
    Firefox Browser 70.0.1
    Adobe Flash Player (Shockwave Flash) 32.0 r0

I am having a serious issue with the Chat Windows.

The text that players type is displayed behind the player’s name. That means that the player’s name covers up the first part of what the player has typed.

In the attached A Chat screenshot, the following text should be visible:
    [Alliance] [uc15]?: ok i fin thx
    [Alliance] [uc27]?: ty

In the attached G Chat screenshot, the following text should be visible:
    [Guild] ?: 22:44 gauntlet still 3 bosses!!
    [Guild] ?: i am bussy lately,few weeks cant play much, just ocasionaly
    [Guild] ?: ok
    [Guild] ?: hope in a week or two all be back in normal

When I highlight the text in the chat window, and copy and paste it into a text editor, only the text that was typed appears. The name of the player that typed the text is omitted.

The only Chat that works properly is the P Chat which is used in Team Arena.

Can the Devs please review the code that is used for the various Chat Windows and see what is different about the P Chat code?
    P Chat is Okay A Chat needs a fix G Chat needs a fix

Good morning. Sorry, can you please repost the screenshots, this time uncropped and unedited so that all elements there are visible - your data (IGN, server name and number) and a timestamp, too? Also, please post your data in the thread (I suppose it is zog790 from uc27, still I need that written in the thread you opened and visible in the screenshots posted and your initial server on the up bar of your game page). A report will be open for you but we need you to come with the mentioned elements. Thank you.

UPDATE: Can you please check those chats again and see if they are working now? Thank you.
    Last edited by Sidhe; 11-18-2019, 12:00 AM.
    REQUIRED INFO: Don't forget to provide your IGN, server name & number and screenshots for the issues & problems experienced. Recharge issues will require your transaction ID. Screenshots provided must be uncropped and timestamped.

Comment

user: zog790
      server: S124 Prince of Hope
      date: 2019-11-19 00:00 (2019-11-18 7:00 PM EST)

Attached are new screenshots. The P Chat (Party in Team Dungeon) is still the only one that works properly. Can the Devs please review the code that is used for the various Chat Windows and see what is different about the P Chat code? There is probably a difference in the way that the character name and chat text are formatted for display in the chat window.

Thank You.

Comment

Hello. I have pushed it again towards team, they have checked and apparently all's good from their side. I would suggest still, until a reply is received from them, to try the clean/clear process with the browsers you're using since you say you have changed the device and the OS. I have no idea how you can clean/clear cache and history on Linux, I haven't ever used this OS, but for sure there is a way to do that, like for any other OS you might use.
        REQUIRED INFO: Don't forget to provide your IGN, server name & number and screenshots for the issues & problems experienced. Recharge issues will require your transaction ID. Screenshots provided must be uncropped and timestamped.

Comment

Thank you Sidhe.

Comment

Working...
          X