Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why we are in same server timezone but we have different seasonal event?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why we are in same server timezone but we have different seasonal event?

I observed this. Other servers (same oceanic) has 3x gaunlet during tycoon events. And my server is just 2 gaunlet only every tycoon. Isn't it unfair? Especially to the servers that are still baby less than 4 months? We all know that old server has high level guild with high level guild flag can earn 8-12k+ points every gaunlet. I suggest all servers in same timezone must have same seasonal event.
    namichwan
    s206
    berserker

yes this sucks we have the same **** ... only 2 gauntlets while others have 3 and this is the 4th cs tycoon in a row this has been this way .
    S69 Foultusk Lair
    IGN Jm4nsk1
    Guild BloodOath
    Alliance BloodOath
    lvl 100 BR 43 Mil

Comment

Well it has something to do with the fact that all servers didn't start at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackofblackest View Post
        Well it has something to do with the fact that all servers didn't start at the same time.
        No, at daylight savings they screwed a lot of servers and changed their event days around. My server lost not only gauntlet set up to have 3 per tycoon, but also lost a gauntlet completely because of it. The day we were supposed to have it was daylight savings day, but instead it glitched and skipped it but put up Dom as that days event even though we had TC the day before and on top of that Dom was glitched and wouldnt load or set any players. Really really crappy.

Comment

catching up 12-25k points in tycoon is pain in the as$. they should make same seasonal event in all servers in same time zone, and it should be done soon as tycoon ends (january 1). so in next tycoon everything is fare and square. hard to participate in tycoon events if you are in handicapped (2 tycoon only).
          namichwan
          s206
          berserker

Comment

1 solution. Make gauntlet daily and we all be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by R23121670 View Post
              No, at daylight savings they screwed a lot of servers and changed their event days around. My server lost not only gauntlet set up to have 3 per tycoon, but also lost a gauntlet completely because of it. The day we were supposed to have it was daylight savings day, but instead it glitched and skipped it but put up Dom as that days event even though we had TC the day before and on top of that Dom was glitched and wouldnt load or set any players. Really really crappy.
              Blackofblackest is correct. It was like this before the DST stuff occurred. The cycle of events is based on when the server started, since they all start with the same pattern (domination on 4th day the server is up). So if Server A starts on December 12th, and Server B starts on December 13th, their cycles will always be off from each other with one server doing Gauntlet while the other is doing TC/Dom.

Originally posted by mugimugikun View Post
              catching up 12-25k points in tycoon is pain in the as$.
              Are you seriously suggesting that a single tycoon is worth 120-250 million gold? I mean my guild is pretty far up there (Level 30, flag 6) and the top player is normally getting like barely 80 million. You're talking about triple that...

Comment

^ i'm just concerned to the servers 4months below guild lvl 26 below and not a spender who wants to participate in tycoon. 3x gaunlet every tycoon is really unfair to those server who has 2x gaunlets only every tycoon. Look at this pic :

Click image for larger version

Name:	tycoon.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	1706050

where will you find and get to catch up to the 9k points sudden boost 1hr before reset of those players who luckily have 3 gaunlet every tycoon?
                namichwan
                s206
                berserker

Comment

You forgot to add in the most likely 250k gold for every attack you do for every round, Id imagine around 5-6 attacks per round so at a minimum 1mil+ gold each round.

Also your wrong, my server was one of the ones that had 3 gauntlets every tycoon from when i started last february until DST when they screwed up our events and switched us to now having two. Maybe some servers get unlucky with that situation but mine for sure had 3 per tycoon then all the sudden we got screwed with DST into having only 2 per tycoon.

Comment

Nice to see you make a post about how unfair it is now, when we've only ever had 2x gauntlet for the whole time you've had 3x

I'm sure you can survive for a few months

Comment

Originally posted by R23121670 View Post
                      Also your wrong, my server was one of the ones that had 3 gauntlets every tycoon from when i started last february until DST when they screwed up our events and switched us to now having two. Maybe some servers get unlucky with that situation but mine for sure had 3 per tycoon then all the sudden we got screwed with DST into having only 2 per tycoon.
                      Well let's look back at the various Tycoons shall we, and see what days they started on. First though, a quick refresher (or lesson if you didn't already know) on Ordinal Dates: This is the number of days since the beginning of the year, so January 1st is 1, December 31st (on a non-leap year) is 365. July 2nd is 183, which happens to be the date in the middle of the year. This form of dating is helpful because you can look at a date and easily see whether the ordinal date is Even or Odd. Since Gauntlets occur every other day, then for a particular server they will always either occur on an Even day or an Odd day, that's just how math works. Even if the DST bugs caused this to shift, the pattern would still hold true after the change (from Even days before, to Odd days after).

In order for your claim of having 3 gauntlets in "every" tycoon to hold up, either all the tycoon starting dates must be Even Ordinal dates, or they must all be Odd Ordinal dates. Let's look at the list shall we? I've split it into two lists, CS Tycoon and Single Server Tycoon:

CS Tycoon:

Single Server Tycoon:

So, as you can see, the starting date of both tycoons have varied from month to month, so sometimes the "Even" servers got 3 gauntlets, and sometimes the "Odd" servers got 3 gauntlets. If the DST bugs caused your server to lose a day of events, then you simply moved from the Even group to the Odd group (or vice versa).

So no, your claim that your "had 3 gauntlets every tycoon from when i started last february until DST" is provably wrong. Even before November 2nd, when the DST bugs set in, there were both CS Tycoons and Single Tycoons that started on Even days and on Odd days. If your claim had been that your server got switched to the Even group and thus been gypped the last two CS Tycoons, that might be defensible, but that wasn't your claim.

TL;DR - Your claim of always having 3 gauntlets per tycoon is provably bull ****, and I proved it cause I was bored.

Comment

wow, you seriously have no life other than to try and prove someone wrong? bravo. You need to find something better to do with your free time lol. Well, seems I may have been wrong on one aspect, but I havent really been active for all tycoons or paid too much attention to them until the DST change which is when our events got screwed and I actually started noticing so its not so surprising.

If you notice the dates circled in red around DST you'll realize that our event times got royally screwed and right at the start of a tycoon which is the only reason it was noticed, since then my server hasnt had a tycoon with 3 gauntlets while others in CS tycoons had the opportunity for.

Name:	1x.png
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	1706070Click image for larger version

Name:	2x.png
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	1706071Click image for larger version

Name:	3x.png
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	1706072Click image for larger version

Name:	4x.png
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	1706073Click image for larger version

Name:	5x.png
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	1706074

Also, this isnt really a complaint about not getting 3 gauntlets in tycoon specifically, its more a complaint about being ranked among people who are getting 3 gauntlets per tycoon considering theyre getting a pretty effective bonus with that last run each day.

Comment

This I actually care about this topic, at least it seems more even than what I was thinking but still same numbers. My issue is more of it being rather 1 sided for so long, out of the previous 6 CS-Tycoons 4 have gone have allowed the same server group(unless they got screwed by that update) to have gauntlet 3 times during tycoon. Which to me can give an unfair advantage to a group of players over another. While I don't care about having 3 for a set, but I would rather have it alternate each time, that way it would at least alternate more fairly. The other solution off hand is either change tycoon to be 4 days or 6 days.

Reason why I care more about about the about previous 6 tycoons, is more so because players were finally start being able to rack up crazy amounts of gold from gauntlet because of the introduction of the fusion gems allowing players finally able to stack up enough dodge tank the monsters there, and then LE was released allowing players to have IRC builds for the whole team boosting up their damage out put even more. The other thing was guild levels/flags were relatively lower I believe (that's just an assumption more based on the game's age and most people not realizing what it really did). While I'm sure there's a few exceptions where players were making good amount of gold prior to the past 6 months, it's nothing like how it currently is with the number of players being able to do it.

Without counting the gold per wolf I'd imagine most players in the towards the upper end walking with 7k points...(that's a guesstimate going with assumption of their guild level and what not) but players can walk with like this or higher

With the assumption his dates are currently for the cs-tycoon he's correct on all of it

Name:	14121400113c4adae53e0b0059.jpg
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	1706103

Comment

most people dont care about this because they are using diamonds to boost points or they are the players who has 3 gaunlets every tycoon. but for non spenders 4months month old below with 2 gaunlets every tycoon, 9k+ points sudden boost on the last hour of last day of tycoon is really unfair especially if you are in the rankings and the only back up resources to boost points is gemology cards only.how can you catch up with that 9k points? imagine that.
                            namichwan
                            s206
                            berserker

Comment

Working...
                            X