Horse sense - not

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horse sense - not

All right, everybody out of the barn...er, pool. You toss out an obviously untested addition with no instructions : yes, I know - now - you have some here on the Forums, but why not put them in the item where they can actually provide some HELP? I come to play the game, not stalk the Forums looking for info that may or may not be there.

Then you penalize players for your errors - that we have no way of knowing ARE errors (no instructions, yes?) - do we get 3 attempts per level, or 3 overall? 3 as Team leader, or 3 period? Who knows? It DOESN'T SAY.

Insult to injury department, it would appear you can't do math, either...see below :
    Click image for larger version

Name:	f9428dce-5fab-4ff0-b3e7-e6c23ccf41a9.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	646.1 KB
ID:	1782318
    (I have 3 other screenshots, but this is the most glaring)

Fairness or the lack of it aside, your basic NUMBERS are wrong...this is really becoming too much. The pathetic thing is that I don't even CARE about this, it provides nothing I can't get as easily elsewhere. I only tried it out of curiosity, and it took multiple attempts to get even a vague idea of how it was supposed to work...and when I DID understand it, I lost interest.

This is far from the first instance where the players must pay for coding errors and events being launched before they are ready. Normally I act as a peacemaker, and/or laugh them off, but enough is enough. Every time you ask for suggestions, I plead for instructions to be included WITH the event/change/what-have-you, and beg you to test them before launching, preferable via a volunteer member panel that I have offered to organise. So much unnecessary aggravation - on BOTH sides - is caused by the lack of directions onsite and lack of pre-launch testing...and they are both so EASY to do, I simply cannot understand what the problem is, unless you are TRYING to annoy and disenchant your membership, which I profoundly hope is not the case.
    Last edited by RemiIronstaff; 06-03-2016, 09:20 PM.

Well, as much as I expected the them to take back stuff we farmed (at least I did, and I did it damn good!), I didn't expect them to do the math so wrong. And they didn't even adress the issue of attempts disappearing after first run for some people. As for attempts and no instructions for them, I honestly think that one was pretty obvious, since all events of that kind work the same way. You get 10 atts in TA, doesn't matter if you're member or leader. Nevertheless, I myself, knowing that, went on and farmed so I have no issues with them taking back stuff.
    Then again, there's probably no point in complaing on R2Games forums since they don't develop the game, they basically just provide the server and take everything as is from GTArcade.

As for the instructions, I agree, we didn't get any. Help button just moved my Horse Treasure window a bit up or down. I was somewhat expecting them to leave some stuff to the players (and they did, at least for now) since it's their coding mistakes. I'm pretty sure S1 and S2 on GTA platform are testing servers, I'm just not sure if they even use them as such.

Only thing I find unfair in this mess is that devs said they don't do roll-backs when the case was being unable to pick Crafts Master rewards, but they do roll-back now, with no problems whatsoever.
    And I got no idea what's gonna be wuth diamonds used in overused attempts either
    S210 Fiery Citadel
    Nick Peyp

Comment

And now your 3 att go on one game will they give you a fair trade back, I think not just some stupid pre arranged apology that they don't even understand.......and whether its gta or R2 they are responsible for these servers and making sure the game works NO EXCUSES you have made to many mistakes now.. its time to start giving fair compensation for the stuff you keep taking that you have over estimated or just take it from everyone whether they farmed or not. also now you owe us because its not working proper like but do you care.. no I didn't think you would.. take take take and no give at all. PLEASE PLEASE start getting things right or don't implement them until you have had a few people test it and test it,

NO MORE EXCUSES GET IT RIGHT

Comment

Originally posted by R223284322 View Post
        And now your 3 att go on one game will they give you a fair trade back, I think not just some stupid pre arranged apology that they don't even understand.......and whether its gta or R2 they are responsible for these servers and making sure the game works NO EXCUSES you have made to many mistakes now.. its time to start giving fair compensation for the stuff you keep taking that you have over estimated or just take it from everyone whether they farmed or not. also now you owe us because its not working proper like but do you care.. no I didn't think you would.. take take take and no give at all. PLEASE PLEASE start getting things right or don't implement them until you have had a few people test it and test it,

NO MORE EXCUSES GET IT RIGHT
        Be happy they didnt handle out perma bans for all bug abusers. Their fault or not, if player bug abuse, it should end up in ban. Just as much as we hate them, we are no better, when given chance most of players jump in to pump it as much as can to gain most benefit, then complain if they fix, and yea sosmetimes misfix, and take more than needed.
        Antifreeze
        Citizen of s210 Fiery Citadel-ua83-ub43

Comment

My point is I - and no doubt many others - had no idea there WAS an attempts bug (the operational ones were obvious) until the PMs started hitting. I have no idea how many attempts I actually made - 4 maybe? - out of which perhaps 2 seemed to even remotely work.

New functions need to be check-tested BEFORE release, and come with instructions. Period. Then if an exploitable bug DOES slip through, people can only use it knowingly, and it can be dealt with appropriately.
          Last edited by RemiIronstaff; 06-06-2016, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X