No announcement yet.

When to change tor R2 games(kongregate)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When to change tor R2 games(kongregate)

Hello,
    I initially started my "nama" character at R2games.com

1. I currently use the R2 client. Do I have to transfer to Kongregate in the R2 site?

2. I started in server S33 which has merged with/into other servers. If I have to do a transfer, do I use my S33 server information?

3. Finally, the recent Q & A regarding the Kongregate R2 transfer usied the word "binding" and that we must "bind" our account.
    Can you clarify what binding means?

IGN: nama S33 Metatron's Edict
    onlyquester

See thread for some hints: Kongregate server account binding issue

Given my experience... and the hint in the thread above... the binding happens from Kong to the Kong LoA game here on R2... and the R2 LoA game being a separate game.

i.e. here on R2, you can find bothGiven that they are separate games, I don't see how your R2 character would be affected.

To complete binding, access the game on Kong site and follow the instructions from there. The following is for when you already have an R2 account.
    1. Log into Kong
    2. Log into R2
    3. Access LoA on Kong
    4. Access LoA Kong here on R2
    Once you do that, and you go back to the game on Kong and refresh, it should say that the account is bound. Note that the binding happens on that last access in step 4 when you get into LoA Kong here on R2, and at that point it must know which Kong account it is (step 3), so the last 2 steps must be done in order.

Note that when visiting the LoA Kong game here on R2, it unhelpfully lands you on S5, so you must manually change to the server you were on after getting into the LoA Kong game here.

To explain binding, here's how I think it works, but first, some background:
    R2 had been hosting the Kong game from the very beginning.
    Thus, they already track the account internally via the Kong link to identify, but there's no R2 account tied to it
    Binding takes that internally-tracked account that the Kong link points at, and associates with R2 account that's logged into.
    Note that I do not work for R2, so I can't say for certain if the above is accurate.

Only my guess though, since I don't have a char in R2 LoA. I would suggest waiting or an official R2 response in case I need to be proven wrong.
    Last edited by ew_r1; 11-27-2020, 01:37 PM. Reason: Merge posts and cleanup... finally figured it doesn't like the word "d u m p s"

Comment

Thanks, ew_r1. Just to add, onlyquester, if you did not play the game through Kong, then please ignore announcements about transferring from Kong to R2.
      New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

Working...
      X