Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hecate.Strong? Yes. OP? Not really.

click to watch

I'm not a big fan on posting in forums, but was really tired of reading 9999 threads with "Hecate is OP...OMG!!111one...NERF pl0x!" without saying something.

I'm sure you'll find 9999 reasons to comment the battle, like : improvements, advantages, disadvantages, party setup, tactics and other blablabla's that i wont care too much about, unless those have a constructive purpose.
    Had the patience to do only 14 compares (the number is too small to be relevant considering the amount of RNG). The score was 7-7...a tie... and the key to success were the shields or the stuns from blazing or HH's dragonsoul buff, crits (end vs crit) and various other RNG elements that balance the fights. Also the position of main hero was changed in various battle slots during compares, but this had a lower impact than i thought initially, on deciding the winner.

I still think the Hecate has the upper hand in the fights between comparable BR players, needless to say she can overcome easily a huge BR difference between a Hecate party vs non-Hecate party. (IE to avoid ridiculous comments from those who think that BR is the ultimate number that will make you win!!! : 800k br with Hecate owning 10/10 a 930k BR w/o Hecate)

Until other heroes will be available, she is a must-have hero.
    Odin's blade + Hecate...now that's close to OP

THANK THE LORD SOMEONE POSTED THIS. THANK YOU FOR PROOF THAT ALL HEROS ARE EQUAL

Comment

hecate's Op-ness is only character because of the lack of proper counter (the heroes to counter her are not out yet). Most people that complain about her are most likely light-cashers/f2p that wouldn't afford a 500$ hero anyway. Keep in mind, spending 500$ on another hero would have been more beneficial and would have made a stronger hero than spending on a hecate.

Comment

Originally posted by andreicde View Post
        hecate's Op-ness is only character because of the lack of proper counter (the heroes to counter her are not out yet). Most people that complain about her are most likely light-cashers/f2p that wouldn't afford a 500$ hero anyway. Keep in mind, spending 500$ on another hero would have been more beneficial and would have made a stronger hero than spending on a hecate.
        Lack of proper counter? Why are you saying that? there are 2 stunners in game. As general game knowledge isnt stun (or other disable) a healing counter? Maybe combined with Cancer or Sagi aegis to maximize the odds?
        Before this hero combo, astral spirit was fighting instead of astral hunter. And a stun on healer was enough to put pressure on opponent's party balance. Until Odin's blade entered the equation...and the stunner (astral spirit) became inefficient also due to displacement of opponent's main hero in front line (no more damage reduction from astral). Most "Hecate-players" use the main as tank, regardless of class...and this is a luxury that only a Hecate-party can afford.

If you're suggesting a straight-forward counter hero for Hecate, dont you think it will be addressed on his release to the same category of players that got Hecate in the 1st place?
        And having a counter hero for Hecate (if by common agreement there is such thing), dont you think the same "light-cashers/f2p players" as you call them would have now a bigger problem than they had vs Hecate?
        Or you suggest a hero with an ability to stop Hecate's heal only?...not-rage-based ofc :P

I know you hate me because i'm right. (kidding)

Most people complain about losing vs Hecate because they don't want to understand that this is a pay2win game not a free2play game.
        Creating an account is free. Logging in is free. Winning is not free.
        For a better understanding, try the comparison with a true f2p game like LoL, where the difference between players is done entirely by skill, not by the bank account size.
        Last edited by ghizmo80; 06-19-2014, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Hecate plus Odin blade plus paladin is as close to OP as the game has right now

Comment

Originally posted by ghizmo80 View Post
            Lack of proper counter? Why are you saying that? there are 2 stunners in game. As general game knowledge isnt stun (or other disable) a healing counter? Maybe combined with Cancer or Sagi aegis to maximize the odds?
            Before this hero combo, astral spirit was fighting instead of astral hunter. And a stun on healer was enough to put pressure on opponent's party balance. Until Odin's blade entered the equation...and the stunner (astral spirit) became inefficient also due to displacement of opponent's main hero in front line (no more damage reduction from astral). Most "Hecate-players" use the main as tank, regardless of class...and this is a luxury that only a Hecate-party can afford.

If you're suggesting a straight-forward counter hero for Hecate, dont you think it will be addressed on his release to the same category of players that got Hecate in the 1st place?
            And having a counter hero for Hecate (if by common agreement there is such thing), dont you think the same "light-cashers/f2p players" as you call them would have now a bigger problem than they had vs Hecate?
            Or you suggest a hero with an ability to stop Hecate's heal only?...not-rage-based ofc :P

I know you hate me because i'm right. (kidding)

Most people complain about losing vs Hecate because they don't want to understand that this is a pay2win game not a free2play game.
            Creating an account is free. Logging in is free. Winning is not free.
            For a better understanding, try the comparison with a true f2p game like LoL, where the difference between players is done entirely by skill, not by the bank account size.
            actually there are counter heroes for hecate in the cn ver, but it takes time to get them. My point is that people think hecate himself is OP, but if the same player didn't had hecate but put the same amount of $ he would have spent on another hero instead, that hero would be considered ''OP''. Sure, you also have a couple of noobs that got stronger thanks to hecate by just buffing that and their main (have a couple on my server too) but those same players will get sc.rewed over later because endgame is not about having hecate/main combo but a 5 men party. Casher vs casher, hecate+main only is nothing but temporary annoyance but long-term the casher itself will regret that. Take Chief from S4 GTarcade for instance. He got praised by gtarcade staff for beating a stronger opponent with 2 men party, but he literally wasted all his other heroes to boost the hecate. The moment gtarcade releases the other heroes, he will have to spend crazy amounts to re-build a party because endgame this doesn't cut it.

here is just a tiny example

One player with Storm Lord, claw, main, Kob and nereida vs hecate+main. Claw hits the hecate hard with his special and leaves it with 200k. Storm lord has the awesome ability to kill targets below a certain % hp for instance if target is say below 33% hp, it's insta death and hits 2 targets+increases damage by 8% for every killed target. That lovely nicely boosted hecate is gone in a turn. Then it's just main vs party which will die fast.

That is just an example but there are a lot more heroes that will get released, so hecate won't be such at threat as it is now and will not even be viable for this usual 2 men party.

Comment

i think totem lord is comin fer this exact purpose, killing two man teams
              League of Angels

S94 Lonewind Forest
              Magus Rynd

Comment

Indeed, Hecate is only temporarily enhancing, a bit too much, the parties of those who afford her. And there will be enough time to switch from main + healer strategy to full combo party. It is a slow process even for "heavy cashers".
                But i think many players are missing the big picture here, blurred by the utopia of having a balanced game. This game was never intended to be balanced. How else would it be able to lure more money?
                Many tears will "stain" this forum's pages from now on...as more "op" heroes will be available from now on each one on 299.99 $ tax free
                Last edited by ghizmo80; 06-19-2014, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ghizmo80 View Post
                  Indeed, Hecate is only temporarily enhancing, a bit too much, the parties of those who afford her. And there will be enough time to switch from main + healer strategy to full combo party. It is a slow process even for "heavy cashers".
                  But i think many players are missing the big picture here, blurred by the utopia of having a balanced game. This game was never intended to be balanced. How else would it be able to lure more money?
                  Many tears will "stain" this forum's pages from now on...as more "op" heroes will be available from now on each one on 299.99 $ tax free

TRUE THAT

and? they are getting so much cheesier with the event rewards...... this months HOC is a perfect example of that
                  it's all failing faster than I can lower my standards

Comment

no brain no win no cash no win =D

Comment

Well this fight shows nothing really...

A fight among Cashers, Winner Casher had a clearly better Set up, better upgraded heros in overall above 500k HP, better Angel as Well. While Looser Casher had an awful Set up, besides Hecate others heros were on average 300k HP. Mains were about same...

So nothing amazing really out of this. Just won the Casher with better all.

Comment

Originally posted by EmperadorDeJade View Post
                        Well this fight shows nothing really...

A fight among Cashers, Winner Casher had a clearly better Set up, better upgraded heros in overall above 500k HP, better Angel as Well. While Looser Casher had an awful Set up, besides Hecate others heros were on average 300k HP. Mains were about same...

So nothing amazing really out of this. Just won the Casher with better all.
                        hahaha you hit the spot

Comment

Level and BR don't really mean anything. BR is just an estimate of Raw Power. The thing that really matters is how all those stats stack up, including the angel's.
                          Shadowbound
                          [S19] Bahold Castle - Solaria Luna - Warrior - Lv75
                          [S75] Secret Sanctum - Hunter - Lv38
                          League of Angels
                          [s147/ua25] Thane of Winter Sorceror - Lv79

That being said character names in games I play is Solariai

Comment

Had to jump in here also to share my humble oppinion. Those guys/girls who are runing Hecate/Main char have huge advantage, but..., there is this even bigger BUT...., only for some period of time. Huge flaw in this tactic and easy to counter on couple of ways ( which i wont tell sry / use your imagination ppl ), will make those players almoust rage quiting a game in near future. See it for your self guys, gl hf hunting.

Comment

ppl lack imagination =D but there great at whining

Comment

Working...
                              X