Non-cash Server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non-cash Server

[S999] Poorman's Lair (the non-cash server)

I'm sure that alot of players would like to have this kind of server. There would still be VIP using cash but not to an extent that it has outrageous benefits that makes a big advantage to those who don't have it.

But of course, there's a 0.001% chance that this is to happen.
    [S194] Mylne Castle
    Skribblez | The Infamous

True..sad (

Comment

and who will pay for this server?

do you think the people that work on this game ie, support, developers, publishers, work for free?

Would you work for free??

I understand your frustration, every time my neighbor pays for his pool to be cleaned but I gotta clean mine myself I wanna cry foul too, I have asked his pool guy "hey, since you are already here?" but every time he just laughs at me.

I mean, it's not like it costs him anything right? (rhetorical)
      it's all failing faster than I can lower my standards

Comment

Actually makeing that server is quite cheap. There aren't that many devs who work on sayd title 5 max? maybe some more, some less. Server cost itself is bare minimum ( virtual copy ) i can imagine one server pc holds 50 server? I might be wrong, never looked into it that hard.
        Read some post long time ago, that explained how they make those quick money grabbers. But it's not that costly like some of you think it is.

Comment

that depends on what you consider "cheap", and if said "cheap" server is ****, ie no support, maintenance, etc. (these things do cost money), with no revenue.

consider what you are asking a business to do, and be a little reasonable.

some of you are frustrated with casher events, we all are. the bottom line is this is a business, and it survives only when it makes money.
          it's all failing faster than I can lower my standards

Comment

Originally posted by sheneedabear View Post
            that depends on what you consider "cheap", and if said "cheap" server is ****, ie no support, maintenance, etc. (these things do cost money), with no revenue.
            Oh, and how much support we have? how they manage our maintenance's? How they fix bugs? how they launch updates? Yeah, that there shows really high cost dev team ...

I knw its not without cost. Im saying it's cheaper then ppl think it is.

Comment

Originally posted by sheneedabear View Post
              and who will pay for this server?

do you think the people that work on this game ie, support, developers, publishers, work for free?

Would you work for free??

I understand your frustration, every time my neighbor pays for his pool to be cleaned but I gotta clean mine myself I wanna cry foul too, I have asked his pool guy "hey, since you are already here?" but every time he just laughs at me.

I mean, it's not like it costs him anything right? (rhetorical)
              THIS!
              I'm not a VIP, but I can understand people not wanting to work for free.

Yeah, there are VIP only events. Yeah, there are events that benefit VIPs more than non-VIPs. I've still managed to rank in the latter type of events.

Comment

Originally posted by stiivi View Post
                Oh, and how much support we have? how they manage our maintenance's? How they fix bugs? how they launch updates? Yeah, that there shows really high cost dev team ...

I knw its not without cost. Im saying it's cheaper then ppl think it is.
                And who will pay people's wages for working on all of this? I'm rather certain it's not as cheap as you'd like to think.

Comment

Heard of the saying " You pay peanuts you get monkeys " Its all about $ not charity you think R2 will do something that is profitable? Since nobody is paying in that server the condition will be pretty bad like logging in problems, playing halfway and the screen freezes or bugs in the events that will never get corrected and if some functions like crossserver wars or TD is broken it takes days or even weeks to finally have some dev kind enough to look at it? I won't want to be in such a server. Sounds like a dream where you work hard u get better rewards but its not gonna happen in this LALALand.

Comment

Working...
                  X