Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Give guild leaders an option to rename their guilds!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Give guild leaders an option to rename their guilds!

The guild I'm in on S123 has passed through several hands as people quit playing. I am now the guild leader of the guild LikeGoDs. I don't much like the name, but as guild leader, I am unable to change it. I'd start over, but the guild I have now is level 23 with all bonuses leveled up to 23 as well, so it would be a real pain to have to rebuild just to have a guild with a different name. On top of that, my contribution to the guild is (as of now) 231350, so that's another reason I'm hesitant to restart - I've already put so much of my gold into this guild. Giving us the option to rename a guild is a small, aesthetic thing, but a lot of people simply won't join a guild because they don't like the name. I almost didn't join this guild myself, until I saw their ranking (3rd, at the time, now we're second due to another guild disbanding).

Furthermore, it would be very difficult to get other members to restart with us. Most would end up going to the next best guild, or try to get into the top guild (which many already are). Some members have also made significant contribution to the guild, so I'm sure they would be hesitant to leave. On the other hand, if the guild was dissolved, I'm sure they would feel rather betrayed, to have sunk so much of their gold into the guild, only for it to be wasted.

The other issue is that LikeGoDs has a bit of a reputation for being a "dead" guild. It's not. People who quit playing are being replaced with new players, and there are people who have been in the guild for a while who do still play. Giving the guild a new name can help us show people that the guild is not dead, but rather, is growing again.

I'm sure I'm not the only one with these concerns and thoughts, nor do I feel I'm the only one who wishes they could rename the guild that has been passed into their hands.

It would be a nice feature but is not by far the first thing I'd wish they would accomplish.

Comment

This is a great suggestion. Maybe a few diamonds or a heap of gold and could be limited to once every 2-3 months.
      [S194] Mylne Castle | Skribblez - Berserker | The Infamous

Comment

Originally posted by Skribblez23 View Post
        This is a great suggestion. Maybe a few diamonds or a heap of gold and could be limited to once every 2-3 months.
        Yeah. That's what I was thinking. We're able to get an item to gender-swap, so why not some means of changing the Guild's name?

Comment

I don't see how it would hurt.
          Shiny stuff makes me happy!!

S195 Fox's Inn
          JennAngel
          Level 85+

Comment

Whats in a name? A rose by any other name does it not smell as sweet?

Comment

its so hurt talaga.

Comment

Dont make Guilds with stupid names. Solved
                [S255] Hedgegrow
                • Name: MEME spol
                • Guild: Hellforge
                • Class: Mage » Mystic
                • Level: 69

Comment

some guilds are started by someone then they are inactive so it gets handed down, how is it that persons fault
                  Shiny stuff makes me happy!!

S195 Fox's Inn
                  JennAngel
                  Level 85+

Comment

Frankly surprised this isn't in the Shop already, with a diamond price tag. Perhaps they think it won't be a big-ticket item, since only guild leaders would buy it?

Or perhaps there's something in the Flash encoding of guilds that makes renaming very difficult?

Comment

Working...
                    X