Messages of Blocked Players Visible in Guild Chat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Messages of Blocked Players Visible in Guild Chat

i was having hard time deciding whether to put it in bugs section or here in suggestions.

anyway, as subject already mentioned, we can see messages of blocked players in guild chat. it should not work this way, imo. we blocked the person to not see him/her again. whats the point of them being visible in guild chat?

we got ourselves into a tricky situation because of this, and some members of our guild left.

if its bug, please fix it. if its intentional, pls reconsider it. its hurting our guild.
    League of Angels

S94 Lonewind Forest
    Magus Rynd

If you have to block members of your own guild you have bigger problems at hand than whether they can see what you type and vice versa.
    LoA - Tordeck - [S164] Frost Fortress - ArchAngels

Comment

You know I don't think blocking is working correctly either as on our server a player blocked another player and could still see what the person they blocked wrote in world chat and responded to it. (though it could also be that the player could have unblocked to see what was going on - though that is unlikely)

Cause isn't blocking supposed to work like this?:
      1) block person in world chat
      2) block person in guild chat
      3) block person from joining TA/TD/Inferno parties
      4) block any sort of request to contact the person (friend request/Private Chat)

I don't include CS in that because that would fall under some sort of filter for it (which my response to that would be 'As if!' because they don't even have filters to do matching up right and if they did have some kind of filter to keep a blocked person from a match where the person in question is probably wouldn't work right).
      Shadowbound
      [S19] Bahold Castle - Solaria Luna - Warrior - Lv75
      [S75] Secret Sanctum - Hunter - Lv38
      League of Angels
      [s147/ua25] Thane of Winter Sorceror - Lv79

That being said character names in games I play is Solariai

Comment

Originally posted by R272481777 View Post
        If you have to block members of your own guild you have bigger problems at hand than whether they can see what you type and vice versa.
        a guild is a group of many people. some youre friends with, with some youre not. if you get in a conflict with a person in the guild, would you leave guild and yer friends fer that one person? no, youd rather block him.

now back to topic, if block was working, those people wouldnt have to leave the guild.
        League of Angels

S94 Lonewind Forest
        Magus Rynd

Comment

If its that bad, just ignore them. i do it all the time with guildies that aggravate me. Or better yet talk to them and work out your differences for the betterment of the guild. Or talk to the guild leadership to help remedy the problem. whether by mediation or by enough people having an issue with a single user and the leadership getting rid of them.
          LoA - Tordeck - [S164] Frost Fortress - ArchAngels

Comment

Originally posted by MagusRynd View Post
            i was having hard time deciding whether to put it in bugs section or here in suggestions.

anyway, as subject already mentioned, we can see messages of blocked players in guild chat. it should not work this way, imo. we blocked the person to not see him/her again. whats the point of them being visible in guild chat?

we got ourselves into a tricky situation because of this, and some members of our guild left.

if its bug, please fix it. if its intentional, pls reconsider it. its hurting our guild.
            Wow! U got guildmates on your block list. Seriously? Tell me or better still PM me which server and guild you are in pls? It must be 1 hell of a chaotic guild oh btw do you guys accept lowbies?

Comment

Working...
            X