Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

League of Angels - Q&A with "Lorelei" Cosplayer Maridah

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Maridah im Thomas William Kinnison cosplayer from Indonesia ( - CosplayID twitter ), i want to know about the gold detail(worbla/wonderflex), how to put that fit on our costume (which made from fabric) ? or we just sewing it or just add some glue..

tom
    Last edited by R262970381; 03-16-2014, 09:21 PM.

Comment

As far as a good, cost effective means to make a gauntlet, what materials and resources do you recommend? Im trying to make one that cones up to my elbow and am having trouble figuring out way to actually make it.

Comment

Hi Aiichu! Thanks and very nice work on your Saber Alter armor! For sleeves that aren't conventionally shaped, I recommend checking out the Pattern Magic series of books for inspiration and ideas on how to pattern things that take an odd shape. I find that thinking of it like paper craft and making mockups with paper and muslin first solves most crazy patterning challenges.

Comment

Hi Maridah, I've never really made a cosplay for myself. So I wanted to ask what kind of fabric do you think would work best for a cosplay for Archer from FSN or Lancer from Zero? Would buying a shirt or something pre-made be a good start and then modify that? My sewing skils are solid but not pro level. Thanks

Comment

Hi R262970381, if you need help attaching armor to a costume, there are a few ways to go about it. You can use rare earth magnets, velcro, D-rings or lacing depending on what the armor looks like. I've used all these to attach different pieces of armor to things, and it really depends on the costume. Magnets are often my favorite things to use.

Comment

Hi R262962849, Craft foam is a very cost effective and versatile material! There are also a lot of tutorials for it online. If all you need is to make something to cover your forearm, worbla is great too. It's just expensive if you need a lot of it. For smaller builds, it's relatively affordable, and Kamui has amazing resources you can buy in ebook form that explain the process of working with it http://kamuicosplay.storenvy.com/

Comment

Hello Maridah, I really like your cosplay you look perfect in it . I was wondering if you ever go/have been to animazement?

Comment

Thank you for the suggeations on attaching it Maridah! The gauntlet would be attached to the costumes sleeve which is just a jacket. Im going to be cosplaying Issei Hyoudo with his Sacred Gear from Highschool DXD if you are familiar with the anime. This is my first actual build as well so any kind of helpful tips and resource websites would help me greatly.

Comment

Hi ElfenLink! There are a lot of materials you could use. For Archer, poly or cotton blends should be fine. I'd use some sort of spandex for the top and maybe heat and bond on vinyl for the details on his chest. Same for Lancer. Any body suit you'll want to make sure you use a 4 way stretch. Buying and modifying premade is also an option. You don't have to be pro-level, especially if you are modifying something where most of the basic work is done.

Comment

Hello Maridah! Nasu fan here. I know you really like Saber, but have you considered cosplaying as either Rin or Sakura? Rin's red outfit is just so iconic, I think.

Comment

whats your fav anime as of now?

Comment

Hi devastation, Thanks! I haven't been to animazement before. I'm limited on the amount of conventions I attend each year, so I've mostly attended ones local to me or others I'm brought out as a guest for. Cosplay is my hobby so my day job limits how much I can travel- plus it's expensive LOL I love cons but it all adds up fast!

Comment

i cant think of anything right now, i was wondering if you are going to go to Fanime this year at San Jose California. and i guess there is something i wanna ask, i was going to cosplay as a Highschool girl but dont know which is easy to make, do you recommend any? also this will be my first year doing this. oh yeah and i am a guy :3

Comment

Thank you very much! I'll look into the books but I'm in a bit of a hurry to have it done before next weekend, so I'll see what I can do before then.

Comment

Hi R262971533, thanks for your question! I'm not really a fan of Rin or Sakura, so I'm just not motivated to cosplay either of them. Saber's why I love Fate so she's what inspires me to work on cosplay.

Comment

Working...
                                X