Not another Knight build

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not another Knight build

Ok, I was bored waiting on stamina to recharge and thought I would throw this little "guide" together. First and foremost its not another knight build. Way too many good ones out there for me to make another one. What this "guide" is designed to do is to make suggestions on how a knight can be played in the various aspects of the game. This is my set-up. I'm not a casher but even if I were, I would still use the same skills for the same situations. Now I'm a lvl 42 knight and have all the skills save Apollo's Shield. These are my current skill allocations:

Click image for larger version

Name:	My skills.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	1732929

As you can see I went mostly passive and mostly defensive skills. Why? Because I tank. Don't particularly care about dpt (damage per turn) knights. Not going to get into that with this thread though. The skills I have in my skill hotbar are for PvE/Arena and sometimes I use that setup during BGs (Battle Grounds). When I say PvE I mean solo-campaigns and Multi-player dungeons. If you wish you can swap out Reflect Damage with Delphic Destroyer. I use this setup for Arena (1v1 not 3v3) simply because intercept doesn't work on AIs. Unless the bug was fixed which I'm not aware of. I also mentioned I used this during BGs from time to time. Other times I put intercept in place for Shadow Thrasher. Really depends on my mood at the time. Since I have RD lvl 2 now I tend to focus more on intercept then on shadow thrasher.

Now the fun part...GA (Group Arena). As most knights know we have a ton of skills at our disposal. The hardest part is what skills do we "need" for GA? I use this same set-up except I put intercept in place for Shadow Thrasher. In GA I go full tank and don't care about my dpt. If it comes down to my dpt winning fights...prolly going to lose anyway. Now this is just my opinion and everyone is free to disagree with what I do. This works for me. My choice for GA is 2 knights and either a high dpt mage or archer. Starting the battle off I like to use RD and so does the other knight. What this does, as most knows, is really hurts that mage who is spamming RoF if you are lucky enough to get RD off before they get RoF (I don't like to use intercept right off the bat simply because I want to save it until that pesky high rage attack is que'ed up). This drops starting rage to 0 but with our passive it gives us 10 rage. Now if our goal has worked and we got RD off before the mage got RoF then most likely his/her hp % is lowest and this is why I like our second skill, ultimate slasher. Both of us knights target that mage with our ultimate slasher. We prolly aren't going to take them out but unless they heal, we've guaranteed they will remain with the lowest hp % of the other team and we can take them out soon. Of course this assumes our mage/archer hasn't hit them hard yet. If we're lucky we've taken out the mage and can simply out dpt the other two players. Simply keep RD going and use your shield if its needed and use intercept when you see a big rage skill being que'd up with the other front line player/s. This setup has even beaten two mages in the opposing group.

The biggest debate I've seen here, and I encourage a friendly debate (no "you're an idiot" posts pls), is what skill do I replace Apollo's Shield with? As I said I don't have it yet so I can't say how good/bad it is but I'm assuming its a monster skill that every pvp Knight should have for 3v3. Another player and I were discussing this (he knows who he is :P) and after some consideration I believe he's right. The biggest thing to consider is how much dpt will you have in your group? If you have a high dpt mage and/or archer or two of each then you can prolly drop RD for Apollo's shield. If you have low dpt in your group it is suggested to drop ultimate slasher and simply begin combat with slasher. The next round you can use Apollo's round and the cool down will be finished on slasher. Now I already know what will be said and I made the same comment. Without ultimate slasher you will be stuck using auto-attack simply because slasher won't generate enough rage and doesn't cool down fast enough to be spammed. There is no fix to this. It will happen. I wish I had an answer but I don't.

Now what troops should I use with my knight? Another common question and the answer is depends on what you want to do. I prefer Angels over Knights because I like the healing and I don't care about my dpt. These are my current troops:

Click image for larger version

Name:	My troops.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	1732930

Fellow Knights if you use angels...don't stand behind them please. It defeats their purpose. That's all I've got to say.

This is my first "guide" so any constructive criticism is welcome and I want to give credit where its due. I've read so many guides and suggestions that I can't remember who all posted what and it is not my intention to leave you out. My set-up and skill use has been based somewhat off of what other players use and some of it has been through trial and error.
    Yitien:

Class: Assassin lvl 78
    BR: 67K
    Server: Qianfo Hall

Supp.... knight in here. With the skills u got right now, i think u wouldn't get apollo's shield at lvl 44.
    Well about the apollo's shield, not monster enough lol. But it pretty decent skill cause the effect by percentage (-20% all dmg).
    The only minus is, the effect time... its only for 2 turn. If you go against mage, 2 turn is like 1 bolt and 1 ROF.

I've been in your situation.... confusing about what the skills you'll go at GA when had apollo's shield.
    As i'm now, i often switch ultimate slasher with shadow trasher. Both skills good, we need ultimate slasher for help teammate to kill the lowest enemy hp and shadow trasher is good too for dpt since it will be lvl 3 (cause the requirement).

The conclusion is, both list of skills is good . Just try it with your own way. Trial and error is the best way.

Cheers...

FarahQuinn - 45 - CAIN - S5

Comment

Originally posted by R216696 View Post
      Supp.... knight in here. With the skills u got right now, i think u wouldn't get apollo's shield at lvl 44.
      Well about the apollo's shield, not monster enough lol. But it pretty decent skill cause the effect by percentage (-20% all dmg).
      The only minus is, the effect time... its only for 2 turn. If you go against mage, 2 turn is like 1 bolt and 1 ROF.

I've been in your situation.... confusing about what the skills you'll go at GA when had apollo's shield.
      As i'm now, i often switch ultimate slasher with shadow trasher. Both skills good, we need ultimate slasher for help teammate to kill the lowest enemy hp and shadow trasher is good too for dpt since it will be lvl 3 (cause the requirement).

The conclusion is, both list of skills is good . Just try it with your own way. Trial and error is the best way.

Cheers...

FarahQuinn - 45 - CAIN - S5
      Farah!!! I found Chu~
      'Cuz I'ma CandyMan~
      ☣CAIN☣

Comment

lol , true dont bend your hope on that apollo shield too much , two turns are way too short also

Comment

Working...
        X